ADVERTISEMENT

Other Sports XC: Hartington's Carson Noecker dominates elite California race

Alum-Ni

All-State
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2004
Last week Hartington-Newcastle standout runner Carson Noecker was invited to run at the Woodbridge XC Classic in California. Based upon his fastest PR of 15:01 over 5,000 meters he was slotted into the second-fastest race at the meet. He won the race by 40 seconds and ran the 3-mile race in 13:49.7 (converts to approximately 14:18 for 5K).

The fastest race was won by Tyrone Gorze of Crater, Oregon in 13:42. Carson would have placed 3rd in the top race with his time, and likely would have run faster with someone to run with.

If you never seen him run, make a point to do so. He's a special athlete and a great kid.

Reactions: Alum-Ni
Unbelievable!!!! This kid should be a role model for all youth in Nebraska. My 20 plus years of living in northeast nebraska I’ve never witnessed a better athlete in any sport boys or girls !! Congratulations to this fine young man and I wish the press would give him more publicity on his achievements because he’s done it the right way.

"Prep Running Nerd" covers all things XC and track in Nebraska high schools. He has talked to Noecker many times and it appears he wants to stay somewhat close to home. In his latest newsletter he writes that Noecker has visited with three schools and appears to only be interested in those three schools. Those schools being Nebraska, South Dakota State and Mount Marty.

"Prep Running Nerd" covers all things XC and track in Nebraska high schools. He has talked to Noecker many times and it appears he wants to stay somewhat close to home. In his latest newsletter he writes that Noecker has visited with three schools and appears to only be interested in those three schools. Those schools being Nebraska, South Dakota State and Mount Marty.
Mount Marty?!?! They had terrible XC/Track teams when I was at Doane. I did just look up last years results and their both teams are doing a lot better but still not as good as Doane/Concordia/Dordt

Mount Marty?!?! They had terrible XC/Track teams when I was at Doane. I did just look up last years results and their both teams are doing a lot better but still not as good as Doane/Concordia/Dordt
It's close to home though......sounds like he really wants to stay involved in his family's farming operation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT