Bye Week
Omaha Creighton Prep (4-3)

CLASS B
Beatrice 42, Crete 14
Bennington 70, Omaha Westview 0
Elkhorn 31, Blair 24
Elkhorn North 27, Elkhorn Mt. Michael 24
Grand Island Northwest 37, Gering 17
Lexington 1, Lincoln Northwest 0 (forfeit)
Omaha Gross 42, Norris 14
Omaha Skutt 42, Ralston 3
Plattsmouth 1, Omaha Buena Vista 0 (forfeit)
Scottsbluff 35, Hastings 0
Waverly 38, Lincoln Pius X 8
York 28, Seward 14

CLASS C1
Ashland-Greenwood 31, Boys Town 21
Auburn 31, Syracuse 13
Aurora 41, Adams Central 7
Boone Central 55, O'Neill 0
Broken Bow 27, Minden 7
Columbus Lakeview 49, Douglas County West 14
Gothenburg 40, Holdrege 26
Lincoln Christian 44, Falls City 0
McCook 56, Alliance 0
Ogallala 36, Chadron 21
Omaha Roncalli 45, Fort Calhoun 21
Pierce 56, Central City 35
Platteview 35, Omaha Concordia 0
Raymond Central 33, Nebraska City 30
Schuyler 10, Arlington 0
Sidney 19, Cozad 7
St. Paul 56, Fairbury 21
Wahoo 31, Columbus Scotus 10
Wayne 27, West Point-Beemer 25

CLASS C2
Amherst 24, Centura 12
Battle Creek 20, Hartington Cedar Catholic 12
Doniphan-Trumbull 34, Gibbon 13
Fillmore Central 27, Grand Island Central Catholic 6
Fremont Bergan 23, David City Aquinas 7
Gordon-Rushville 56, Atkinson West Holt 19
Hastings St. Cecilia 53, Wood River 7
Malcolm 51, Lincoln Lutheran 34
Milford 41, Tri County 7
Mitchell 30, Chase County 0
Norfolk Catholic 1, Ponca 0 (forfeit)
North Bend 22, Logan View/Scribner-Snyder 8
Oakland-Craig 61, Tekamah-Herman 6
Ord 41, Kearney Catholic 21
Valentine 32, Hershey 0
Wahoo Neumann 64, Louisville 12
Wilber-Clatonia 41, Centennial 28
Yutan 56, David City 7

CLASS D1
Arapahoe 69, Southern Valley 42
Bridgeport 71, Morrill 14
Cambridge 69, Bayard 42
Conestoga 48, Omaha Brownell-Talbot 26
Crofton 52, Tri County Northeast 7
Cross County 30, Clarkson/Leigh 28
Elkhorn Valley 34, Lutheran High Northeast 33
Elmwood-Murdock 52, Weeping Water 40
Exeter-Milligan/Friend 52, Johnson County Central 12
Freeman 50, Thayer Central 48
Heartland 42, Sandy Creek 20
Hemingford 74, Kimball 14
Hi-Line 56, Alma 20
Laurel-Concord-Coleridge 54, Hartington-Newcastle 21
Mead 78, Omaha Christian 30
Nebraska Christian 26, Sutton 22
Neligh-Oakdale 80, North Central 26
Palmyra 58, Southern 42
Pender 67, Lyons-Decatur Northeast 20
Perkins County 24, Maxwell 18
Ravenna 58, Arcadia/Loup City 15
Riverside 76, Pleasanton 22
Sandhills Valley 52, Sutherland 12
Shelby/Rising City 62, Cedar Bluffs 6
Stanton 59, Bancroft-Rosalie 8
Summerland 61, Plainview 24
Superior 73, McCool Junction 32
Twin River 44, Madison 18
Wakefield 59, Homer 41
Wisner-Pilger 60, Guardian Angels Central Catholic 6

Bye Week
North Platte St. Patrick's (7-0)

CLASS D2
Ainsworth 36, O'Neill St. Mary's 30
Anselmo-Merna 40, Hyannis 0
Ansley/Litchfield 56, Overton 20
Axtell 48, Deshler 6
Bloomfield 48, Wausa 0
Bruning-Davenport/Shickley 59, Diller-Odell 6
Central Valley 58, Burwell 6
Chambers/Wheeler Central 42, Boyd County 28
Creighton 50, Randolph 0
Elgin/Elgin Pope John 58, Niobrara/Verdigre 16
Fullerton 60, Giltner 22'
Hitchcock County 44, Dundy County-Stratton 6
Howells-Dodge 58, Winside 6
Humphrey/Lindsay Holy Family 56, East Butler 50
Humphrey St. Francis 1, Walthill 0 (forfeit)
Johnson-Brock 44, Falls City Sacred Heart 22
Kenesaw 44, Blue Hill 6
Lawrence-Nelson 50, Silver Lake 0
Loomis 52, Medicine Valley 16
Maywood/Hayes Center 49, Bertrand 30
Nebraska City Lourdes 68, Humboldt-Table Rock-Steinauer 50
Nebraska Lutheran 64, Palmer 24
Osceola 58, High Plains 20
Sandhills/Thedford 51, Leyton 12
South Loup 64, Mullen 14
Twin Loup 30, Elm Creek 14
Wynot 41, Osmond 6

CLASS D6
Arthur County 63, Wauneta-Palisade 6
Cody-Kilgore 53, Sioux County 15
Dorchester 72, Lewiston 41
Garden County 58, Banner County 8
Hampton 58, Heartland Lutheran 12
Harvard 51, Franklin 50
Hay Springs 50, Crawford 16
Parkview Christian 57, Meridian 8
Pawnee City 60, Sterling 8
Potter-Dix 79, Creek Valley 0
Shelton 57, Wilcox-Hildreth 14
South Platte 38, Minatare 14
Southwest 45, Brady 42
St. Edward 67, Elba 18
Stuart 66, Santee 12
Sumner-Eddyville-Miller 54, Red Cloud 36
Wallace 48, Paxton 34

ALL-NATIONS FOOTBALL LEAGUE
Winnebago 52, Omaha Nation 0

Last edited:
Citing a lack of healthy players, Ponca is forfeiting their game versus Norfolk Catholic this Friday.

Good ol' case of the "Catholic Flu"
Crazy that they couldn't play Battle Creek, healthy enough to play West Point Beemer and now not healthy enough again to play Norfolk Catholic. I'm willing to guess that they won't play Cedar Catholic either. Just a guess though.

Reactions: coachsloup
Crazy that they couldn't play Battle Creek, healthy enough to play West Point Beemer and now not healthy enough again to play Norfolk Catholic. I'm willing to guess that they won't play Cedar Catholic either. Just a guess though.
I wish there was a meaningful penalty for forfeits, easy one would be pay officials and 2k to school you forfeited to, no matter if was home or away. At least something

I wish there was a meaningful penalty for forfeits, easy one would be pay officials and 2k to school you forfeited to, no matter if was home or away. At least something
I believe they do pay the officials on a forfeit but if the school had to pay any amount of money at what point do they push the kids to play if they actually are injured. Then it would come back on the school if further injuries happen. I agree with the earlier post on how you never see an 0-5 team get the forfeit, that' amazing isn't it? Maybe they could trade future home/away games to benefit the team that didn't forfeit.

Reactions: HighPlainsCoach
I believe they do pay the officials on a forfeit but if the school had to pay any amount of money at what point do they push the kids to play if they actually are injured. Then it would come back on the school if further injuries happen. I agree with the earlier post on how you never see an 0-5 team get the forfeit, that' amazing isn't it? Maybe they could trade future home/away games to benefit the team that didn't forfeit.
well if $2000 is enough for you to risk the safety of your players and you really dont think they should play but because its 2K you say we are going to make them, then you probably need to be fired, but it would make teams really consider things way more clearly if they new we have a chance we could be forfeiting 6 or 7 games this year and if they should even attempt to play varsity or like the new class B or A team who tried to play varsity knowing they did not have a senior on the team, make you think clearly about things if you have to come up with 18K for a season BUT again it doesn't surprise me people do not want a real consequence for there actions

I’ve heard from a couple different sources that Ponca forfeit to Battle Creek due to injuries, played West Point Beemer because it was Ponca’s homecoming game, and are then forfeiting the rest of the season. Don’t know if any truth to it, but heard from two different sources in two different towns.

I’ve heard from a couple different sources that Ponca forfeit to Battle Creek due to injuries, played West Point Beemer because it was Ponca’s homecoming game, and are then forfeiting the rest of the season. Don’t know if any truth to it, but heard from two different sources in two different towns.

Yes it was due to injuries. The information I heard second hand from a guy that talked to one of their healthy players is that they would be starting like 7 freshman.

Yes it was due to injuries. The information I heard second hand from a guy that talked to one of their healthy players is that they would be starting like 7 freshman.
My kids team is playing a handful of freshman too. You take your lickings and move on. We’ll prob have a running clock tonight like last weekend, oh well. Play the game.

But let me guess, you are against opting down as well??? teams that are trying to avoid forfeiting games and screwing over other schools out of games.

Reactions: GoSkers3
This doesn't bode well for Ponca playing 11 man in 2023. I know they will, but if that is happening this year, could easily happen next year. Just accept the fact you are going to play 8 man and move on.

It's baffling how many forfeits happen in Nebraska. We need...
-More consolidations and co-ops to help with participation numbers.
-Raise the enrollment number for 8 man to 55 or 58.

This doesn't bode well for Ponca playing 11 man in 2023. I know they will, but if that is happening this year, could easily happen next year. Just accept the fact you are going to play 8 man and move on.

It's baffling how many forfeits happen in Nebraska. We need...
-More consolidations and co-ops to help with participation numbers.
-Raise the enrollment number for 8 man to 55 or 58.
I am going to agree, I know coaches in several states and we are for our size extremely high in number of forfeits, I believe Iowa has had 6 games this year forfeited and because of that they are looking into rule changes and player numbers for classification. They see it as a big deal, do you think Nebraska does ? remind you Iowa is a State twice our size and see 6 games as a problem

Last edited:
Hitchcock with a nice win at Dundy County Stratton last night 44 - 6 Pretty sure Hitchcock had more fans at the game.

Kind of surprised at the final score. Really thought it would be a close game.

Reactions: C-Bearsfan
Hitchcock with a nice win at Dundy County Stratton last night 44 - 6 Pretty sure Hitchcock had more fans at the game.

Kind of surprised at the final score. Really thought it would be a close game.
2 blocked punts, 3 goal line stands, pick 6. Fun game to watch! It was won in the trenches. Both teams played excellent, it was a dog fight despite the score. I believe there were only a couple big plays, the rest were ground and pound and move the pile. Both teams will have success in the playoffs!

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
Hard to start 7 freshman when only six are on the roster.

Ponca and others are really in between a rock and hard place. Stay 11 man and almost certainly forfeit games at some point during the season effecting other teams. Or opt down to 8man and have everyone judge you for playing in a class that you don't meet their classification guidelines. Either way they go it doesn't address the root cause which is very low participation numbers which the school needs to take a hard look at and not just hope it self corrects.

It's frustrating to me that the NSAA membership doesn't do more to address the forfeit situation. It has been ongoing for 10+ years at this point. While the membership has upped the 8man cutoff number it is still one of the lowest in the nation. It's a complete square peg in a round hole mentality.

Last edited:
There's not a coach out there who is forfeiting a game unless it's for the safety of his players, period!

Reactions: Eusematt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT