ADVERTISEMENT

C1/C2 District Projections

Jan 24, 2019
First shot at district projections for C1/C2. Would love to hear thoughts. Will have Class B in the upcoming days.

Few things to consider:
  • I tried to follow the system used by the state in the previous cycles, C1 (2/3, 6 Team Districts w/ 4/5, 5 Team Districts), and C2 (5, 5 Team Districts and 1, 6 Team District).
  • As alluded early by some other posts, still awaiting the decision on OBT to declare C2. Would not change that district in my opinion, and I anticipate them being added to C2-2 or C2-3.
  • There are a few "iffy" districts that I think will ultimately be a toss up, those are
    • C1-4 - With the loss of Boone and WPB to C2, that district was hit fairly hard with no replacements coming in from either B or C2. My first thought is sending Lakeview and Scotus to round it out.
    • C2-1/4 - Wishing I was a fly on the wall to watch how this one plays out. Problem area here is the decision of what to do with Battle Creek/Norfolk Catholic so close to each other. First thought is to send Battle Creek south to C2-4, and keep Norfolk in Northeast C2-1. I do see a world where they pull Battle Creek into C2-1 and kick either Tekamah-Herman/WPB/Oakland-Craig to the south to join C2-2 with Yutan, Bergan, Arlington, Bishop Nueman, and North Bend Central.
    • C2-5/6 - This district may have a some shuffling between Wood River, GICC and St. Cecilia, but I anticipate those ten schools to be locked.
    • C2-7 - In general, NSAA has always been a mess in terms of determining who gets kicked out West in the C2-7 district. At this point though, with the loss of Chase County in the southwest corner, I think the possibility of pulling Amherst/Kearney Catholic/Gibbon out there is gone. Ord is the best fit, and quite frankly the better travel solution for all of those teams.
Here are my predictions :

Class C1

Click for C1 Map

• C1-1
    • Fort Calhoun
    • Omaha Concordia
    • Boys Town
    • Omaha Gross Catholic
    • Brownell Talbot / Cornerstone Christian / Quest Academy
    • Omaha Roncalli
  • C1-2
    • Auburn
    • Falls City
    • Lincoln Christian
    • Louisville
    • Nebraska City
    • Syracuse
  • C1-3
    • Wahoo
    • LVSS = Logan View / Scribner-Snyder
    • Douglas County West
    • Mount Michael Benedictine
    • Ashland-Greenwood
    • Schuyler
  • C1-4
    • Columbus Scotus
    • Columbus Lakeview
    • Pierce
    • Wayne
    • O'neill
  • C1-5
    • Adams Central
    • Fairbury
    • Wilber-Clatonia
    • Milford
    • Aurora
    • Central City
  • C1-6
    • Cozad
    • Gothenburg
    • Minden
    • Holdrege
    • Broken Bow
  • C1-7
    • Alliance
    • Ogallala
    • Chadron
    • Sidney
    • Chase County

Class C2

Click for C2 Map

• C2-1
    • Norfolk Catholic
    • West Point-Beemer
    • Hartington Cedar Catholic
    • Ponca
    • Oakland-Craig
    • Tekamah-Herman
  • C2-2
    • Yutan
    • Bishop Nueman
    • North Bend Central
    • Archbishop Bergan
    • Arlington
  • C2-3
    • Conestoga
    • Palmyra
    • Lincoln Lutheran
    • Raymond Central
    • Malcolm
  • C2-4
    • David City Aquinas
    • Cross County
    • St. Paul
    • Boone Central
    • Battle Creek
  • C2-5
    • Grand Island Central Catholic
    • Doniphan-Trumbull
    • Hastings St. Cecilia
    • Superior
    • Fillmore Central
  • C2-6
    • Gibbon
    • Kearney Catholic
    • Amherst
    • Wood River
    • Centura
  • C2-7
    • Mitchell
    • Valentine
    • Hershey
    • Ord
    • Gordon-Rushville

Believe if OBT were to opt down to C2, they would have already told the NSAA. I think they are staying at C1. I know they have until Monday, but just don’t think they would wait for something like that.
You could be right, that's just what I heard. Can't wait until next week. I'm thinking Tuesday when they come out.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT