ADVERTISEMENT

Class act

goldengeko

Junior
Dec 15, 2004
Howells Dodge coach Mike spiers is a class act. With so many injures to his team tonight and so many young kids getting thrown into the fire he has time to help the opposing teams hurt players. He could just as well be coaching up his kids with the extra time but he was there with the opposing teams player until they got him up. The whole time their coach didn't even come out to check on his player he was the one coaching up his players. Congrats on a great season Howells Dodge and coach Spiers

Spiers is a class act and howells is a great team. 2 kids from GACC got hurt too wasnt minnick one of them? 107.9 the bull was on radio coverage. Seems strange to call out Ridder in your post, though. Seems like sour grapes. Where was the injury?
Was a great game.

Reactions: sportsjunkie2030
I wasn't calling anyone out just simply stating what Happened. Yes minnick got hurt at the end of the half. I think the other kid was just cramping. Howells Dodge had their starting linebacker/ olineman out with broken leg and other starting linebacker/ olineman got hurt early in game last night and was taken to hospital. D-end got hurt early on in first as well

Yeah you should go make some wine with all those sour grapes oh wow spiers went and stood by a player from the other team what a martyr

I wasn't calling anyone out just simply stating what Happened. Yes minnick got hurt at the end of the half. I think the other kid was just cramping. Howells Dodge had their starting linebacker/ olineman out with broken leg and other starting linebacker/ olineman got hurt early in game last night and was taken to hospital. D-end got hurt early on in first as well
Heard the hospital one, hope the kid is okay.
Did another o lineman break his leg?? Or do you mean hageman? Hes been out practically all year.
Losing minnick at half is a big deal, too. Omaha world herald had a nice write up on the game.

There was a Cross County athlete hurt in the 1st round that left on a stretcher.. Spiers spent the entire 15 or so minutes on the field with the trainers and the CC coaches and parents to help however he could versus making adjustments coaching up his kids.. Seems to be who he is. Awesome deal.

Reactions: ImN
There was another hegemann plays dline and oline good tough player got hurt early on and tried to come back in second half but just wasn't the same I think it was his ankle. And Horesji H-Ds running back also got dinged up and wasn't in on that last drive. Tough hard fought game

Spiers is a class act, has been for years. Loves the game of football and cares about kids in general, on both teams. He is always quick to acknowledge a great performance by the other team. Not all coaches do that after a tough loss.

Reactions: runningback43
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT