ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Coaching changes

Long-time assistant Liz Vanderpool taking over the Hastings job.

Kathryn Langrehr to coach the Grand Island girls.

ALERT! The post made by my account about Seth Miller to NC was NOT made by me! I'm not sure if my account was hacked or what happened but I have alerted Rivals and changed my password. Sorry for any confusion that might have caused.

Reactions: cschurm
Mead's PJ Quinn is stepping down as the boys basketball coach after a terrific 24 year run. His assistant Blaine Hilgenkamp will take over. Quinn will still be the Superintendent at Mead.

Article

Administration is a joke. They don’t back the coaches. Money is the root of all the problems. Most the parents are delusional and think their kid is the absolute best and deserves all the playing time. I feel bad for the last two coaches and whoever is coming in. Very toxic place

Administration is a joke. They don’t back the coaches. Money is the root of all the problems. Most the parents are delusional and think their kid is the absolute best and deserves all the playing time. I feel bad for the last two coaches and whoever is coming in. Very toxic place
Probably doesn't help that the girls program has had such great and sustained success....puts a lot of stress on the boys program to do the same.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
Probably doesn't help that the girls program has had such great and sustained success....puts a lot of stress on the boys program to do the same.
All the same parents and administration for every other sport there with long term coaches. When one family gets a coach fired and himself appointed to the coaching staff for his own agenda things are going to go sideways.

I see it at way to many schools, parents have unrealistic opinions on their kids talent and blame coaches for their lack of success. So it always falls on the head coach. That school has been toxic for quite sometime. To bad for the kids.

I see it at way to many schools, parents have unrealistic opinions on their kids talent and blame coaches for their lack of success. So it always falls on the head coach. That school has been toxic for quite sometime. To bad for the kids.
GACC boys basketball has never been the same since they got rid of Mendlik...imo.

Reactions: DonlugoQ
Whose hasselhorst??

Also, find them turning down Wynot for a cross country coop sad. Not trying to be harsh here, but if you are afraid of a little competition maybe sports isn't for you. How often are decisions like the cross country decision made and then a few years later a program folds because of a lack of participation? This one is odd to me because you already coop with the school directly across the street but are now afraid of a couple of kids, I can't imagine it would be more than 2-5 total, coming in. So what happens down the road when hypotheticaly speaking Hartington Newcastle needs help with girls basketball or whatever the situation. Will Wynot be meeting them with open arms? I know everyone can do whatever they wish, it just seems like so many of these decisions are made with such a short term mindset.

Also, find them turning down Wynot for a cross country coop sad. Not trying to be harsh here, but if you are afraid of a little competition maybe sports isn't for you. How often are decisions like the cross country decision made and then a few years later a program folds because of a lack of participation? This one is odd to me because you already coop with the school directly across the street but are now afraid of a couple of kids, I can't imagine it would be more than 2-5 total, coming in. So what happens down the road when hypotheticaly speaking Hartington Newcastle needs help with girls basketball or whatever the situation. Will Wynot be meeting them with open arms? I know everyone can do whatever they wish, it just seems like so many of these decisions are made with such a short term mindset.
But look at that deal on the Chromebooks!!

• Haha
Duane Mendlik son Bryan Mendlik will be taking over the GACC program. I know he was a Head Coach at Stanton a few years ago. It will be interesting to see how it goes over.

Speaking of hoops is berridge back at bago?? And how is his son eligible to compete this year? I see he is doing well in cross country. Seems like a violation to nsaa regulations. Shocked nsaa hasn’t done anything about it

I've also heard Berridge is not coaching this year.......but why would his son be ineligible? Didn't think he ever left the school

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT