ADVERTISEMENT

Composite High School Football Rankings (10/15)

Alum-Ni

All-State
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2004
My composite rankings combine the rankings of the Omaha World-Herald, the Lincoln Journal Star, the Associated Press (does not do 6-man rankings) and Huskerland Prep Report (Class A and B / Class C1 thru 6-man). Point values are assigned (10 for 1st, 9 for 2nd, etc. / 6-man is 5 for 1st, 4 for 2nd, etc.) for each ranking in each poll and a total is calculated to determine the final order in the composite rankings. First-place votes are in parentheses.

CLASS A
1. Omaha North (4) - 40 pts
2. Millard North - 36
3. Bellevue West - 31
4. Papillion-LaVista South - 27
5. Omaha Creighton Prep - 26
6. Omaha Central - 19
7. Grand Island - 15
8. Lincoln East - 13
9. Norfolk - 9
10. Millard West - 4

CLASS B
1. Elkhorn (3) - 39 pts
2. Gretna (1) - 37
3. Elkhorn South - 31
4. Omaha Skutt - 28
5. McCook - 25
6. Scottsbluff - 18
7. Seward - 14
8. Blair - 9
9. Crete - 8
10. Sidney - 6

Contenders: York (4), Lincoln Pius X (1)

CLASS C1
1. Boone Central/Newman Grove (4) - 40 pts
2. Norfolk Catholic - 35
3. Ashland-Greenwood - 33
4. Columbus Scotus - 27
5. Wilber-Clatonia - 25
6. Cozad - 15
7. Chadron - 14
8. Kearney Catholic - 11
9. Pierce - 8
10. Syracuse - 7

Contenders: Grand Island Central Catholic (5)

CLASS C2
1. Battle Creek (4) - 40 pts
2. Hastings St. Cecilia - 35
3. David City Aquinas - 31
4. North Platte St. Patrick's - 27
5. Fremont Bergan - 22
6. Sutton - 19
7. Hartington Cedar Catholic - 18
8. Malcolm - 14
9. Oakland-Craig - 10
10. Lutheran High Northeast - 3

Contenders: Freeman (1)

CLASS D1
1. Hemingford (4) - 40 pts
2. Creighton - 34
3. Guardian Angels Central Catholic - 32
4. Heartland - 29
5. Friend - 20
6t. Amherst - 19
6t. Fullerton - 19
8. Bruning-Davenport/Shickley - 15
9. Howells-Dodge - 4.5
10. Elm Creek - 3

Contenders: Blue Hill (2.5), Diller-Odell (1), High Plains (1)

CLASS D2
1. Exeter-Milligan (3) - 39 pts
2. Stuart (1) - 34
3. Humphrey St. Francis - 33
4. Anselmo-Merna - 25
5. Falls City Sacred Heart - 25
6t. Giltner - 20
6t. Kenesaw - 20
8. Elwood - 11
9. Randolph - 9
10. Garden County - 3

Contenders: Wynot (1)

6-MAN
1. Spalding Academy (2) - 14 pts
2. Sioux County (1) - 13
3. Riverside - 9
4. Silver Lake - 6
5. Arthur County - 2

Contenders: [/I]Wilcox-Hildreth (1)

I'd say these ratings are pretty accurate with a couple exceptions. Most of you know my feelings on a certain subject. I will just say this... if our kids our healthy we will win by double digits on Friday. As for the BDS, ranking... what a joke. They have had most likely the toughest 6 game slate ever to open an 8-man season. Every team they have played is worthy of being ranked or a contender. I still feel like they are the best team in D-1 but Friend beat them with a great rally and they deserve the number one ranking. BDS should be #2. The playoffs will bear this out...

I'd say these ratings are pretty accurate with a couple exceptions. Most of you know my feelings on a certain subject. I will just say this... if our kids our healthy we will win by double digits on Friday.

10/15 9:40 AM | IP: Logged

good luck friday - i too hope your kids are healthy. i just hope they don't know you put it out on a public message board
that you predicted a double digit win.

This post was edited on 10/15 11:52 AM by newsie101

Totally covering himself. He knows he's been yelling all year long about playoffs and how good they were going to be this year and wanting respect and coverage and all that stuff. So, if they win, he will be able to come back on here and tell us all how much he knew and how we were all wrong and how they "shocked the world". If they lose, there is now a built-in excuse and he'll be able to come on here and tell us how he was still right about how they "would" have won without the injuries. He just set up a win-win situation for himself - regardless if his team actually wins or not.

I think he is forgetting that Malcolm (and every other team in the state) has injuries too. They are a bogus excuse and nothing more. If Fillmore Central wins tomorrow night they will get a little respect. If they lose....well...

Sad thing is they do have a good team, and I would pick them to beat Malcolm, its just Fillmore has not done anything for a long while in any boys sport INCLUDING BASEBALL and add this DAD kinda makes you want Malcolm to win

You guys are amazing.. did I make excuses when we got our asses handed to us by HSC? I don't think so. So, why would I be trying to set myself up with an "excuse". Someone asked me a legitimate question as to why our score with Tri-County was so close. If I thought we were looking past them to Malcolm? I told him the facts straight up Our kids were ready to play and had a great start. We had two starters hurt by the end of the first quarter, had kids playing out of position, Tri-County played well and made it a game that otherwise might not have been as close. I was filling in the gaps that the score doesn't provide. That's why I'm on message boards, to both give and receive that information. Not to take shots at other people's predictions.

Did I ever say that Malcolm and other teams don't have injuries? No. But starting QB and IB and both LBs are pretty significant injuries and worth noting, I think. I've watched the last two Malcolm game films twice each. All of their main players are healthy. My prediction is educated. I'm not just score watching and looking up the past tradition of a school. I think we are better from what I have seen on film. I think our kids will be ready to play. And I think we will win. Sorry if that bothers all of you. (actually I'm not sorry... it's just a figure of speech)So, in answering another posters question I am: A) setting myself up with an excuse if we lose, B) putting a target on my son's back ... wow I can't decide if I'm a complete genius or secretly a Malcolm fan trying to create locker room material for their team.

And how baseball got brought into this again, I'm not sure... but you are absolutely right... Fillmore Central has done nothing in baseball... ever... they don't have baseball. If you want to debate what these kids along with the Exeter-Milligan kids have done the last 2 seasons... we can take this to another message board. Suffice it to say that two seasons ago we re-started the junior program over from scratch and went to state for the first time ever in our first season back and last season the seniors won more games than the past 4 years combined,finished runnner-up in the toughest Class C area tournament in the state and had a 4-2 combined record against the top 3 finishers at state. Malcolm 10-runned us in our regular season game and then they lost two at state, as the favorite. So does that mean they are going to "choke under the pressure" tomorrow night. I highly doubt it. I think it will be a good football game.

And how did all these posts manage to pop out of nowhere attacking me again when I got on this thread to comment on the BDS ranking?? You guys are killing me. If you think I care who you are pulling for based on a prediction I made, guess again. If you want to discuss football, feel free.

roll.r191677.gif

Here's my new, updated Top Ten:

1.) Fillmore Central.
2.) Fillmore Central injuries.
3.) Fillmore Central narcissistic dads.
4.) Battle Creek
5.) Fillmore Central cheerleaders.
6.) Ebola
7.) Fillmore Central concession workers.
8.) Hastings St. Cecilia
9.) Illegal Immigration.
10.tie) All things Fillmore Central.
10.tie) selfies

Let me know if I omitted anything. Thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT