ADVERTISEMENT

CRC

Bumping Cutters

Freshman
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2016
Asking who all thinks will win the CRC tournament in boys and girls.....should be some great semis in boys and a great final for girls....just looking for thoughts....nothing other than that!

to be honest, didn't know there was a conference called the CRC. BUT yes, if MC girls are in it, they will win by 50 or more LOL and boys by 30 or more : ) according to preseason talk, they have already won the state title

• Haha
Reactions: HighPlainsCoach
I deserve all of that and apologize I just was wanting everyone's thoughts because I feel there will be some good competitive games!!!

In all seriousness, I would think the girls game between Cross County and MJ should be a good one.

I agree two really good teams going after it, I also think the CC/MJ boys will be a good game as well, both quality teams!

Pretty sure anyone with any knowledge of Nebraska high school sports knows the CRC is the best conference in the state in Class D!

Reactions: Hardwoodbeaver
Pretty sure anyone with any knowledge of Nebraska high school sports knows the CRC is the best conference in the state in Class D!
I am guessing I dont follow much Class D then I do not know schools in the CRC and never heard of it. I heard of the pioneer Conference in D Think they have a bunch of titles but not the CRC. sorry dude

Reactions: Hardwoodbeaver
Sarcasm or?....

CRC gets a lot of love on social media because they play in a cool auditorium for their tourney.

When it comes to March on the boys side, many of those teams are staying home or get bounced in the first round. They have only had three schools in their conference make the state tournament since 2000.

Osceola last three years have made state they have been great.
High Plains was the last team to win a state title, 2015.
Hampton last made it in 2010.
Shelby last made it in 2007 (weren't even in the CRC at that time.)
East Butler last made it in 2001 (weren't even in the CRC at that time.)

Sarcasm or?....

CRC gets a lot of love on social media because they play in a cool auditorium for their tourney.

When it comes to March on the boys side, many of those teams are staying home or get bounced in the first round. They have only had three schools in their conference make the state tournament since 2000.

Cool Auditorium....?they need to find a new venue or let a school host. This week alone there were multiple clock issues in multiple games. Fire alarms at the start of the boys championship game with a 10+ minute delay after the game had just started. The lights turning on and off at the start of the game. Just a mess. CRC can do better than the auditorium. Wonder how it will handle shot clocks next year?

Reactions: northeastNebraska
Cool Auditorium....?they need to find a new venue or let a school host. This week alone there were multiple clock issues in multiple games. Fire alarms at the start of the boys championship game with a 10+ minute delay after the game had just started. The lights turning on and off at the start of the game. Just a mess. CRC can do better than the auditorium. Wonder how it will handle shot clocks next year?
I should have put quotations around “cool”.

Reactions: CoachBDub
Sarcasm or?....

Giltner was there 7 times from 2009-2018 claiming state championships in 2011 & 2012.
BDS was there 4 times from 2011-2017.
Clay Center made it a time or 2 during their short stay in early 2000's.
Exeter-Milligan went 4 times in 2010's winning championship in 2015.

Sarcasm or?....

East Butler last made it in 2001 (weren't even in the CRC at that time.
So just going to allow this lack of research to go unchecked? Think enough time has passed for there to be a "my bad" or some other sort of reply.

So just going to allow this lack of research to go unchecked? Think enough time has passed for there to be a "my bad" or some other sort of reply.
Since I truly was asking about the CRC and I can tell you from what I have now read and and now researched, I will completely disagree with the statement this is one of the best conferences in D but that is just my opinion, everyone else can formulate their own.

Reactions: HighPlainsCoach
My bad for not responding so quickly to you. You are correct, I didn't check the teams that closed their school (Clay Center) or left the league, E-M and Giltner. Good for them.

Since I truly was asking about the CRC and I can tell you from what I have now read and and now researched, I will completely disagree with the statement this is one of the best conferences in D but that is just my opinion, everyone else can formulate their own.
You can have any opinion you like. I was just bringing up information that showed that previous info was incorrect. I'm not saying CRC is greatest. All conferences and teams experience highs and lows.

My bad for not responding so quickly to you. You are correct, I didn't check the teams that closed their school (Clay Center) or left the league, E-M and Giltner. Good for them.
It's all good and actually agree with you about the site of CRC tourney. The seats aren't the most comfortable and as a ref there is very little room to navigate with narrow sidelines and west end being narrow as well. York High School would present better seating and other upgrades as well.

I had a hell of a time figuring out what the CRC was. I remembered an old Cedar VALLEY conference. Whatever their prowess in athletics, I'm betting that they don't win many English competitions if they don't realize crossroad is...ONE word. And with this being the conference that has a "High Plains Community" in EASTERN 1/3rd of Nebraska, apparently geography and definitions awareness aren't strong points either...

Like anyone else without a bias, I find the claim to be "best" awfully silly. In fact bringing up a school that fled to it from the Twin Valley because they were not competetive, an all star team from two of the conference schools, and schools that are no longer in the conference hurts the argument more than helps it. As neN pointed out, quite correctly, having 3 schools qualify in TWENTY-THREE years is hardly legendary status.

Sarcasm or?....

I like this kind of stuff, so it got me thinking, so I picked the Fort Kearney Conference (Apparently we should call it the FKYC). Since 2000:
School/# of trips
Amherst- 5
Ansley-Litchfield-2
Axtell-4
Elm Creek-4
Elwood-1
Litchfield-2
Loomis-9
Ovterton-6
Pleasanton-8
SEM-2
Wilcox-Hildreth-2

3 Champions, 6 runners-up, 2 third place, 5 fourth place, and 2 other first round winners (no consolation games)
Can we at least call them a close second to the CRDSCON?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT