Stanton 52 to 6 winners
This is a good game with lots of points Ravenna wins 66 to 54
Sandy Creek 44 to 20 winners
Cross County 36 to 6 winners over Perkins County
Crofton wins 30 to 24 in tight game over Bridgeport
Plainview wins again over Elkhorn Valley by 6 in a nailbiter
EMF wins 40 to 20 over Shelby
NPSP wins easily over CLarkson Leigh 58 to 6
Best game ove the night is Ravenna and Arapahoe bc either team could be down by 20 and still come back to win.
Best possible upset is Elkhorn over Crofton
Thoughts?

Reactions: northeastNebraska
Stanton 54-12
Arapahoe- 44-36
Sandy Creek-48-30
Cross County 50-12
Crofton 40-30
EV- 44-34
SRC- 36-30
NPSP-38-16

Stanton over Summerland
Ravenna over Arapahoe
Weeping Water over Sandy Creek
Cross County over Perkins County

Crofton over Bridgeport
Elkhorn Valley over Plainview
Shelby-Rising City over EMF
NPSP over Clarkson/Leigh

Stanton: 54-20
Arapahoe: 32-28
Weeping Water: 40-20
Cross County: 50-14
Crofton: 28-20
Plainview: 36-30
SRC- 42-28
NPSP: 36-24

Crofton pulls away from Bridgeport wins by 3 scores.
Stanton over Summerland but closer than most think.

Stanton over Summerland
Arapahoe over Ravenna
Sandy Creek over Weeping Water
Crofton over Bridgeport
SRC over EMF
NPSP over C/L

So if some projections play out like a few of us think they could, we could see two or three (out of four) top seeds go on the road in the quarters.

#1 Stanton go to #9 Ravenna
#2 NPSP go to #10 Shelby
#3 Crofton go to #11 Tilden (EV)

I will never understand why coaches and AD's at the 8 man level think that the high seed traveling in playoffs is okay. If the #1 and #2 teams keep winning they should host throughout until the championship game. There is no reason for the #9 seed to host the #1.

Reactions: HuskerO
So if some projections play out like a few of us think they could, we could see two or three (out of four) top seeds go on the road in the quarters.

#1 Stanton go to #9 Ravenna
#2 NPSP go to #10 Shelby
#3 Crofton go to #11 Tilden (EV)

I will never understand why coaches and AD's at the 8 man level think that the high seed traveling in playoffs is okay. If the #1 and #2 teams keep winning they should host throughout until the championship game. There is no reason for the #9 seed to host the #1.
I've seen it on here a couple of times, but I'd be alright with that with a twist. We talk about rewarding winning all the time and playing well at the end of the year. I like high seeds hosting, but if they are upset, that upsetting team "wins" their seed.

So in the case of the 2nd Rd games, if Summerland beat Stanton, Summerland becomes the new "#1 Seed"

Would probably never pass, but I like it

Reactions: 253847
I've seen it on here a couple of times, but I'd be alright with that with a twist. We talk about rewarding winning all the time and playing well at the end of the year. I like high seeds hosting, but if they are upset, that upsetting team "wins" their seed.

So in the case of the 2nd Rd games, if Summerland beat Stanton, Summerland becomes the new "#1 Seed"

Would probably never pass, but I like it
IMO, if Summerland would keeping winning, they should have to keep going on the road. High seeds are high seeds for a reason, because they won in the regular season. Summerland didn't. That should be rewarded.

IMO, if Summerland would keeping winning, they should have to keep going on the road. High seeds are high seeds for a reason, because they won in the regular season. Summerland didn't. That should be rewarded.
High seeds should host throughout the playoffs, and I agree that I don't understand why the lower seed even has a chance to host the #1 seed. However, sometimes it is simply a scheduling issue, as I am sure that Ravenna believes that they are a top team with their undefeated record, they just happened to ended up having a very weak schedule compared to teams like Stanton. It would be nice if there was some way to take everything into account, but as it currently is, the high seed should always host up until Lincoln.

High seeds should host throughout the playoffs, and I agree that I don't understand why the lower seed even has a chance to host the #1 seed. However, sometimes it is simply a scheduling issue, as I am sure that Ravenna believes that they are a top team with their undefeated record, they just happened to ended up having a very weak schedule compared to teams like Stanton. It would be nice if there was some way to take everything into account, but as it currently is, the high seed should always host up until Lincoln.
Agreed. Power points are used for a reason. Sometimes they don't indicate who is the best team, due to scheduling, but that is what we use to determine the seeds in the bracket.

Stanton over Summerlans 58-12
Arapahoe over Ravenna 28-22
Sandy Creek over WW 42-24
42-6
Crofton over Bridgeport 52-20
Elkhorn Valley over Plainview 30-28
EMF over SRC 42-18
Clarkson/Leigh over NPSP 32-28

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT