ADVERTISEMENT

D-2 Week 6

Antone13

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2013
Ainsworth @ EPPJ: I think this will be the first real test for Ainsworth. Ive got Ainsworth 26 EPPJ 12
SandHill Thedford @ Ansemla Merna: A-M has played a tough schedule. S-T 46 A-M 20
Johnson Brock @ BDS This is the third game in this district between top teams. If BDS wins it would make a 3 way tie. If Johnson Brock wins they win district and are a top 3 team IMO. J-B by 3 TD's
Fullerton @ Osceola Ive got Fullerton in a tight game 46 to 40
St. Francis @ H-D. The winner wins the district. I think H-D athletes are better and they win 30 to 16

Any thoughts on these game or other games I missed.

I think the Johnson-Brock @ BDS game is closer than the experts think... One score game

Ainsworth should end up winning pretty easy. It will be interesting to see how the handle a tougher team in EEPJ. 36-12 Ainsworth

ST, A-M is better than people think. 48-26 ST

J-B still wins but it will be close. Wouldn't be surprised if BDS wins. 38-30 JB

Osceola, shouldn't be to close. Just look at both teams scores against Palmer. 52-20 Osecola

H-D in a close one. 38-28

I think Ainsworth's defense vs. EPPJ is the most intriguing matchup in that game. Ainsworth was not physical at the line of scrimmage last season. That's why a lot of teams had success running the ball right down their throats. And that's why they got bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Going into the EPPJ game last season, Ainsworth was allowing 170 yards rushing per game.

Well a year later, Ainsworth's defense is a lot bigger, older, and they have some younger kids who developed physically and are now playing extremely well. They've only allowed 197 yards on the ground all season. That's 39 yards rushing per game.

Chambers had 36 carries for 19 yards last week, and that included almost 2 full quarters vs. reserves for Ainsworth. Chambers ran for 150 yards the week before vs. EPPJ.

Johnson-Brock has a lot of team speed. I watched a lot of their highlights. Really love the way they're executing offensively.

Serious question:

Does every resident along or near HWY 91, from Dodge to Lindsay attend that Humphrey St. Francis vs Howells-Dodge game? Would be very fun to attend that one.

Ainsworth @ EPPJ: I think this will be the first real test for Ainsworth. Ive got Ainsworth 26 EPPJ 12
SandHill Thedford @ Ansemla Merna: A-M has played a tough schedule. S-T 46 A-M 20
Johnson Brock @ BDS This is the third game in this district between top teams. If BDS wins it would make a 3 way tie. If Johnson Brock wins they win district and are a top 3 team IMO. J-B by 3 TD's
Fullerton @ Osceola Ive got Fullerton in a tight game 46 to 40
St. Francis @ H-D. The winner wins the district. I think H-D athletes are better and they win 30 to 16

Any thoughts on these game or other games I missed.
A-M is much improved and is playing well. They will struggle with S/T's size up front moving the ball. S/T 56-12

I guess I’d be surprised if BDS is within 30 of JB after what they did to Lourdes last week

Some think that all Ainsworth has is Nelson, but they have 4-5 others who are really good. And I'd bet that Nelson takes it up a notch tonight.

Some think that all Ainsworth has is Nelson, but they have 4-5 others who are really good. And I'd bet that Nelson takes it up a notch tonight.

I think they have 8 to 10 really good players. Pretty sure they have a two underclassmen with 10+ sacks.

Ainsworth beats EPPJ by a final score of 60-8.

Nelson's stat line was absurd:

14 carries for 114 yards, 3 rushing TDs
11 of 14 passing for 155 yards, 1 TD
2 catches for 31 yards
2 Interceptions, 1 interception returned for 79 yards for a score.

1 forced fumble. And this was a back breaker for EPPJ. Score was 38-8 in the 3rd quarter, EPPJ had just put together a nice drive down to the Ainsworth 1 yard line. On 4th and Goal, Ainsworth puts Nelson in at Nose Guard, he's usually a safety. He blows up the Center, forces the QB to fumble, recovers the fumble at the 2 yard line.

On the next play, taking the snap in his own end zone, Nelson follows a nice lead block from Appelt, who is basically the same size as Nelson, and then goes 80 yards for a TD.

Could've very easily been 38-16 with EPPJ gaining some momentum. Instead, it quickly became 46-8, and Ainsworth was cruising from that point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT