ADVERTISEMENT

D2 Title Game

bgclub

Freshman
Feb 21, 2011
This is pathetic. 8-man needs to get rid of East/West. I know FCSH and HSF would've been on the same side of the bracket regardless, but there are plenty of teams in the east bracket who are a lot better than Pleasanton.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
I have always supported the East -West split in the past but this magnified the problem. We can do better. It is time to go with a 9 game schedule and have a 16 team statewide bracket. Congratulations to Humphrey SF and Falls City SH, they were both very good!

Reactions: northeastNebraska
I have always supported the East -West split in the past but this magnified the problem. We can do better. It is time to go with a 9 game schedule and have a 16 team statewide bracket. Congratulations to Humphrey SF and Falls City SH, they were both very good!
Congrats to Pleasanton too. They played the games put in front of them. Avenged a regular season loss in the playoffs, and made finals as a 7 seed. Great season IMO.
We get so caught up in the blowout yesterday . Did the best team win the championship, yes. Was the 2nd best team in the game, no.

Does class A have the 2 best teams in the championship game tonight...nope. and they play a 9 game schedule and only take 16. Sometimes it just doesn't work out to get the "best" 2 to Lincoln.

That being said, 8 man needs 9 regular season games & 16 team playoffs.

Congrats to Pleasanton too. They played the games put in front of them. Avenged a regular season loss in the playoffs, and made finals as a 7 seed. Great season IMO.
We get so caught up in the blowout yesterday . Did the best team win the championship, yes. Was the 2nd best team in the game, no.

Does class A have the 2 best teams in the championship game tonight...nope. and they play a 9 game schedule and only take 16. Sometimes it just doesn't work out to get the "best" 2 to Lincoln.

That being said, 8 man needs 9 regular season games & 16 team playoffs.
100% agreed. Pleasanton can’t do anything about their schedule. They beat the teams they were supposed to beat. But it was obvious they weren’t the second best team in the state. Nothing they could do about it.

That’s why I’m for the 9 game regular season and 16 team playoff just like the other classes have it. More than likely the best teams will get to Lincoln.

Reactions: Llama57
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT