ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Doug Goltz now all-time winningest boys basketball coach in Nebraska history

Alum-Ni

All-State
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2004
Tonight, Doug Goltz of Falls City Sacred Heart defeated Sterling 74-19 to give him his 695th career victory in Nebraska high school boys basketball.

That win moves him past Duane Mendlik (694) to make him the state's all-time winningest boys basketball coach.

Tonight, Doug Goltz of Falls City Sacred Heart defeated Sterling 74-19 to give him his 695th career victory in Nebraska high school boys basketball.

That win moves him past Duane Mendlik (694) to make him the state's all-time winningest boys basketball coach.

Good for Doug, he is a good guy.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
Good for Doug, he is a good guy.
I met him for the first time this summer. Just a friendly guy. He’s done so much and given back to Falls City Sacred Heart. I have to wonder how many jobs he turned down over the years to stay with the Irish. I don’t know if we will ever see a coach again win as many state titles as he has in three sports.

Is she still undefeated in state championship games in football and basketball? Didn't know he was the track coach down there too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT