Nebraska City
Omaha Northwest
Pleasanton
Pierce
Standing Bear - Adam Schiltz
Tekamah-Herman - Brandon Jansen
Wood River - Ruskamp

Last edited:
Anybody hearing anything at Pierce? Word on the street is that Shadley is heading to Lakeview and he was “supposed” to take over for Brahmer…..does Brahmer go 1 more year?

Adams Central - Josh Lewis
Alliance
Arcadia-Loup City
Conestoga
Fort Calhoun
GACC - Matt Schlaebitz
GICC -
Gretna East - Justin Haberman
Lexington
Lincoln Lutheran - Sean Wieting
Mead
Nebraska City
Omaha Northwest
Pleasanton
Pierce
Thayer Central
Wood River - Ruskamp

Anybody hearing anything at Pierce? Word on the street is that Shadley is heading to Lakeview and he was “supposed” to take over for Brahmer…..does Brahmer go 1 more year?
They just publicly posted it on NDE early last week. They also have Math and 7-12 Social Studied positions open, so they should get some quality candidates to apply.

It seems odd to me that Jack Shadley was ever the coach in waiting at Pierce. Shadley is a great coach, but has no ties to Pierce prior to his 1 year stint there as an assistant. There are guys from the Brahmer coaching tree that would seem to have more of a foot in the door than Shadley.

It seems odd to me that Jack Shadley was ever the coach in waiting at Pierce. Shadley is a great coach, but has no ties to Pierce prior to his 1 year stint there as an assistant. There are guys from the Brahmer coaching tree that would seem to have more of a foot in the door than Shadley.
I agree with this but wonder if none of the Brahmer guys want the job? The most logical replacement would be Tyler Legate but he is also the head coach for wrestling - gets to be a lot on someone’s plate. Also, I have a feeling that it wouldn’t be the most pleasant job with Brahmer still there as the principal, just my opinion.

You are probably right about the long term assistants. It isn't uncommon for the whole staff, or at least a majority, to ride off together. Especially when they have done it so well for so long. Pierce is a gold standard type program.

I agree with this but wonder if none of the Brahmer guys want the job? The most logical replacement would be Tyler Legate but he is also the head coach for wrestling - gets to be a lot on someone’s plate. Also, I have a feeling that it wouldn’t be the most pleasant job with Brahmer still there as the principal, just my opinion.
#1 Coach Brahmer is not unpleasant to work with.

#2 Even if he was the definition of a job should include some "unpleasantness"

Alliance
Arcadia-Loup City
Centura
Conestoga
Fort Calhoun
GACC - Matt Schlaebitz
GICC -
Lexington
Mead
Nebraska City
Omaha Northwest
Pleasanton
Pierce
St. Edward
Thayer Central
Wood River - Ruskamp

Last edited:
Alliance
Arcadia-Loup City
Conestoga
Fort Calhoun
GACC - Matt Schlaebitz
GICC -
Lexington
Mead
Nebraska City
Omaha Northwest
Pleasanton
Pierce
St. Edward
Thayer Central
Wood River - Ruskamp
Hoins is leaving Thayer Central?

#1 Coach Brahmer is not unpleasant to work with.

#2 Even if he was the definition of a job should include some "unpleasantness"
It’s just my opinion that taking over for a guy that built a program to the standard of Pierce would be very difficult to take over with him still working in the district. You think Brahmer is just going to stay clear of it? In my opinion, from what I’ve witnessed at Pierce athletic events is that it’s very unlikely.

It’s just my opinion that taking over for a guy that built a program to the standard of Pierce would be very difficult to take over with him still working in the district. You think Brahmer is just going to stay clear of it? In my opinion, from what I’ve witnessed at Pierce athletic events is that it’s very unlikely.
...and that's okay.

Keep your eyes peeled for BIG news out of Hartington Newcastle in regard to a coaching hire. This one will turn heads! Announcement expected in the coming days.
Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT