ADVERTISEMENT

Fred Petito - pre season quote

Catch50

All-State
Feb 5, 2003
"We'll be competitive".

Millard North is 8-0 and face a six loss Papillion LaVista in the season finale.
The Mustangs have had some close calls this season. But hopefully they
can get another shot at Omaha North in the playoffs, maybe the State Championship game.

There is a good chance, they go into next season ranked number one. They return their top three quarterbacks in 2015 along with a deep junior to be senior class. Three sophs are in the starting lineup along with another who is seeing at lot of action due to injuries. A team with this much talent could take it for granted that they will be good but the coaching staff and starting QB Ethan Morrison will keep this team focused.

Millard North will "be competitive" in 2015.

This post was edited on 10/23 3:07 PM by Catch50

This post was edited on 10/23 4:31 PM by Catch50

My guess would be that Coach Martin would reply " bring it on". MNorth has really been under the radar. They are absolutely in a position to pull an upset off if the two teams meet. Has there ever been an undefeated team heading into Class A playoffs getting so little love? If I was a Mustang fan I would be fired up.

I do like like the way North measures up against MNorth. I think it would be very tough right now for any team to knock North out of a repeat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT