Hemingford - Dean
Loomis - Spies
Maxwell
McCook - Vetrovsky
Norfolk
North Bend - Maresh
Wayne
Weeping Water

WOW. Creighton is a good job. Where is he going?
Creighton is going to be very down here shortly. They don’t have the athletes coming up they’ve had the last few years. Also aren’t going to be suitting up 30-40 kids like they used to. I think this year they only had about 17 out

Reactions: northeastNebraska
Creighton is going to be very down here shortly. They don’t have the athletes coming up they’ve had the last few years. Also aren’t going to be suitting up 30-40 kids like they used to. I think this year they only had about 17 out
It’s still crazy to me that they were C1 in 2004 and 2005. Creighton playing Pierce not that long ago in the playoffs and beating them. Crazy.

Is Elkhorn going to keep rolling or will South/North water things down a bit? My guess is keep rolling. Will they all eventually be Class A?

Beatrice
Bellevue East
Bishop Neumann
BRLD
Cambridge
Cozad - Dueland
Creighton
Elkhorn
Elm Creek
Hemingford - Dean
Loomis - Spies
Maxwell
McCook - Vetrovsky
Norfolk
North Bend - Maresh
Wayne
Weeping Water

Cambridge has parted ways with Rodney Yates. I'd say at this point that's a "buyers beware" situation at the tradition rich school.

Cambridge has parted ways with Rodney Yates. I'd say at this point that's a "buyers beware" situation at the tradition rich school.
Yikes. I know they have tradition, but small town life has changed. What is bringing families to Cambridge? What can they realistically expect? Maybe they should think about Arapahoe as a partner and play 11 man football again.

Yikes. I know they have tradition, but small town life has changed. What is bringing families to Cambridge? What can they realistically expect? Maybe they should think about Arapahoe as a partner and play 11 man football again.
I'd assume neither would care to do that but is there admin/parent issues in play here? Not real sure but did they not fire their basketball staff midseason a year or two ago?

I'd assume neither would care to do that but is there admin/parent issues in play here? Not real sure but did they not fire their basketball staff midseason a year or two ago?
Yes...they removed both the boys and girls coach mid-year. Oddly enough, the girls coach was Rodney Yates and the boys coach was Yates' father in-law Steve Kirkham...who by the way had won like a dozen RMAC championships leading Colorado-Mesa's women's program.

This is a recurring thing in Cambridge. I don't recall the exact year-maybe 2008 or 2009- they fired Andy Long after his GBB team went undefeated.

Last edited:
No doubt Creighton will be short on numbers if the boys don't go out. If the new coach can talk the kids into going out they shouldn't have much of a drop off. I think their JH team lost one or two games. Cupboard is far from bare.

Beatrice- Kezeor
Bellevue East
Bishop Neumann
BRLD
Cambridge
Cozad - Dueland
Creighton
Elkhorn
Elm Creek
Hemingford - Dean
JCC- Haughton
Loomis - Spies
Maxwell
McCook - Vetrovsky
Norfolk
North Bend - Maresh
Summerland - Thramer
Wayne
Weeping Water

Any new updates? I'm pretty sure Maxwell and Weeping Water have filled their positions. Just don't know by who.

Weeping Water announced yesterday they hired Mitchell Shepherd. He's been at Marysville, Kansas. Was the head coach at Pawnee City for awhile before that.

Chris Koozer is leaving Sidney to take the head coaching job at Norfolk.

Sidney is now open.

Koozer was head coach at Sidney for six years and was 21-32 while floating between Classes B and C1. He is also a former head coach at Bridgeport and former assistant at Grand Island.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT