ADVERTISEMENT

Head Football Coach Openings

Ponchn7138

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2013
Season is coming to an end for many teams. Who is retiring, moving on, or on the hot seat?

Good question on Allen. The thought was that a new coop between Allen-Wakefield-Emerson/Hubbard was all good to go but in the 11th hour Wakefield has backed out leaving Allen and EH scratching their heads. No word on a two school coop, staying as is, etc.

What a great career for Coach Reese at Loomis. I wonder if “Drewb2436” has any idea who might be his replacement, sounds like he is fairly well connected to the program, just a guess though ;)

Dave Uldrich isn’t leaving Allen. The only way Allen changes coaches is if a co-op forces a change.

He’s the only guy in the history of the program to have any real sustained success.

Reactions: Anbren01
Loomis will not be open until fall of 2021, Reese will still be the coach next fall.

Has Elkhorn North announced football or any other coaching staff hires yet?

yes The Big Eagle is a fixture at that school. years ago he had a very tall lad at QB I believe, that is when they had the best success..

That's quite the shocker. Last time I was in that area it didn't seem like he was slowing down anytime soon.

It was expected around here. His son graduates this year, plus the team has struggled missing the playoffs the last four years and going 1-8 this season.

Reactions: goskers07
Random question for those in the Panhandle. Do some kids transfer to ScoBlo if they are a better athlete instead of Gering? With the cities being so close and the high schools only four miles apart.

I’m very familiar with the situation in Scottsbluff/Gering...it’s an unwritten unspoken about situation, if the kid is a stud he’s at the Bluff. If Eckart couldn’t change that narrative then it’s basically impossible. Gering is the Schuyler/ SCC of the west. Especially when you look at what Benson and now Hall is doing across town.

Random question for those in the Panhandle. Do some kids transfer to ScoBlo if they are a better athlete instead of Gering? With the cities being so close and the high schools only four miles apart.

Yes. I'm a Scottsbluff graduate and the best athletes almost always come to us. It started about 10 years ago after Bluffs started to get good at everything.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
Jake McLain has accepted the Holdrege job. Former Chadron State quarterback and Scottsbluff's defensive coordinator the last couple years.

Arlington
Bennington
Bishop Neumann
Broken Bow - Carlie Wells
Elkhorn North
Gering
Holdrege - Jake McLain

He should do well. He's still pretty loved around this area. Led Elgin/Pope John to back to back titles at the beginning of the decade.
Yeah he seems like a great coach. Led Perkins County to some nice seasons when I was in NP. He’ll be a lifer at Bow, which is great for them and his family.

Reactions: goskers07
Is Wells going back to teaching at Bow? Also, pretty big pickup for the Bow wrestling program. His kids are pretty good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT