ADVERTISEMENT

Kearney Catholic Cheap Shot

I would be interested in hearing from one of our Basketball Officiating members here as to why this kid was not ejected from the game. I don't see a difference between this and just punching the defender in the face.

I would be interested in hearing from one of our Basketball Officiating members here as to why this kid was not ejected from the game. I don't see a difference between this and just punching the defender in the face.
I don't see the difference either. I've talked to a few officials that have seen the video and they thought he should have been ejected as well. I wonder if the official didn't see the punch and thought it was just a slap or something else.

At what point does the NSAA step in and suspend him? I assume the head coach had no idea what happened during the game. If he did and put him back in that is poor judgement and winning means more than a life lesson. Kid should have been taken out and not allowed back in. Some coaches have that rule for technical anyway. Win at all costs is not a way to go through life. Does this kid have any other history of doing anything else?

At what point does the NSAA step in and suspend him? I assume the head coach had no idea what happened during the game. If he did and put him back in that is poor judgement and winning means more than a life lesson. Kid should have been taken out and not allowed back in. Some coaches have that rule for technical anyway. Win at all costs is not a way to go through life. Does this kid have any other history of doing anything else?
I’m almost positive he didn’t go back in. He sat out last game as well. He did play tonight, I mean they could of sat him again they didn’t really need him. I think they won by 40. It was an ugly moment in an ugly game. I don’t know the kid personally but I haven’t seen any of that on the football or bball court. (I don’t watch most away bball games). He’s been playing for what seems like forever. He should know better than that. Those two teams hate each other but you can’t go around nut tappin people 😅. AC had no chance so they went after him physically and he took the bait.

Last edited:
Honestly I don't think the NSAA needs to step in with this matter. Sounds like it was handled internally and I also think the punishment as far as missing a game was appropriate. I'm sure the coach had a little extra conditioning for the young man

Should have been an ejection. Same official missed the Adams Central dude plowing through the screen prior to the incident. This was a poorly officiated game from start to finish.

Honestly I don't think the NSAA needs to step in with this matter. Sounds like it was handled internally and I also think the punishment as far as missing a game was appropriate. I'm sure the coach had a little extra conditioning for the young man
agree, lets move one and try to remember that these are kids They will make mistakes

agree, lets move one and try to remember that these are kids They will make mistakes
Tough awakening for some of them in the real world. A punch like that when you are an adult ends up with charges being filed. Hopefully the kid learns from it. In my opinion one game is not enough but that just my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT