ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Public Media to televise 2023 NSAA Baseball & Softball Championships

Softball is gonna be weird.....

The eight teams will be split into two 4-team double-elimination pods (like the CWS), but those pod games will be played in Hastings. Then the winner-take-all championship will be played in Omaha.

Just pick one site or the other for the entire tournament.

Agreed. I think this is the first step towards moving the entire tournament to Omaha, which is unfortunate. Hastings has been great.
Hastings has a fine setup and the people that run it are top notch. With that said, the facilities are nothing special, at least not any more.

Omaha is spending money on facilities. and if Hastings wants to remain a part of this, they are going to need to start doing some serious investing.

/$0.02

Reactions: Llama57
Hastings has a fine setup and the people that run it are top notch. With that said, the facilities are nothing special, at least not any more.

Omaha is spending money on facilities. and if Hastings wants to remain a part of this, they are going to need to start doing some serious investing.

/$0.02
Agreed 100%. Hastings has been great, but unfortunately, they have done minimal improvements over the years. Now that new complexes are being built, I sense it's only a matter of time before it leaves Hastings. That being said, some of my favorite times have been watching my kids there.

As far as the 2 pool format, then play on Monday, I'll need to see how it works. I've been used to the old double elim format my whole time I've watched. I LOVE that the champ games will be televised though.

Reactions: mgbreis
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT