ADVERTISEMENT

NSAA Board of Directors Meeting Minutes - December 6, 2023

Alum-Ni

All-State
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2004
The NSAA Board of Directors met on December 6, 2023 at the Divots Conference Center in Norfolk with the following members present:

District I - Kara Graham, Lincoln Southeast​
District I - Dr. Dana Wiseman, Sutton​
District II - Dr. Nick Wemhoff, Fort Calhoun​
District II - Thomas Lee, Omaha Westview​
District III - Dr. Jon Cerny, Bancroft-Rosalie​
District IV - Darren Tobey, Broken Bow​
District V - Robert Drews, Arapahoe​
District VI - Dr. Troy Unzicker, Alliance​
Also in attendance: Dr. Zainab Rida, Nebraska Department of Education liaison; Bobby Truhe, NSAA Legal Counsel; Kelly Classen, NHSOA Executive Director.

The meeting was called to order at 8:30 a.m.

1. Moved to approve the Consent Agenda. Items on the Consent Agenda included:

- Approval of the meeting Agenda as amended​
- Approval of the Minutes of the November 1, 2023 Board of Directors Meeting​
- Approval of the Financial Statements​
- Approval of the following new cooperative sponsorships for the 2023-24 and 2024-25 school years:​
  • Grand Island and Heartland Lutheran for Girls Soccer
- Approval of the following cooperative sponsorship renewals for the 2023-24 and 2024-25 school years:​
  • Grand Island, Grand Island Central Catholic, Grand Island Northwest and Doniphan-Trumbull for Boys Swimming and Girls Swimming
  • Grand Island Northwest, Grand Island Central Catholic and Wood River for Boys Soccer and Girls Soccer
- Approval of the following cooperative sponsorship renewals for the 2024-25 and 2025-26 school years:​
  • Omaha Christian Academy and Omaha Street School for Football
  • Humphrey and Lindsay Holy Family for Football
  • Loup City and Arcadia for Football, Volleyball, Boys Cross Country, Girls Cross Country, Girls Golf, Wrestling, Girls Wrestling, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Boys Track, Girls Track and Boys Golf
  • Pender and Bancroft-Rosalie for Girls Golf
  • Pender and Wisner-Pilger for Softball
  • Wheeler Central and Chambers for Volleyball, Boys Cross Country, Girls Cross Country, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Boys Track and Girls Track
  • Omaha Mercy, Omaha Brownell-Talbot, Omaha Concordia and Omaha Christian Academy for Softball
  • Cedar Bluffs and Mead for Girls Golf
  • Yutan and Mead for Boys Cross Country, Girls Cross Country and Softball
  • Norfolk, Norfolk Catholic and Lutheran High Northeast for Softball
  • Kearney Catholic and Amherst for Softball
  • Logan View and Scribner-Snyder for Softball and Volleyball
  • O'Neill and O'Neill St. Mary's for Boys Cross Country, Girls Cross Country, Girls Golf, Softball, Boys Golf and Instrumental Music
  • Alliance and Hemingford for Softball
  • Ralston and Omaha Mercy for Girls Golf
- Approval of the dissolution of the following cooperative sponsorship for the 2023-24 school year:​
  • Central City, Centura and Fullerton for Baseball
Motion Carried: 8-0

2. The Board discussed the January District Meetings and the legislative proposals.

3. Moved to approve the NDE Enrollment Numbers for the 2024-25 school year. Motion Carried: 8-0

4. Moved to approve an updated NSAA Meeting Policy, effective immediately. Motion Carried: 8-0

5. Moved to approve an updated NSAA Public Records Policy, effective immediately. Motion Carried: 8-0

6. The Board heard a report from NHSOA Executive Director Kelly Classen.

There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 10:31 a.m.

The next meeting of the NSAA Board of Directors will be January 18, 2024 at the NSAA Office in Lincoln.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
Central City going on their own for baseball? Are Centura and Fullerton not planning to have baseball?

Central City going on their own for baseball? Are Centura and Fullerton not planning to have baseball?
Anyone subscribe to the Nance County Journal? The Central City R-N? LOL - I don't! The blurbs and first couple sentences of these articles make it look like Fullerton made the decision to dissolve the coop. It also sounds like Central City and Centura plan to continue. https://www.nancecountyjournal.com/sports-fullerton-warriors/fullerton-dissolves-baseball-co-op

I'd venture to guess maybe Fullerton will go with Twin River if they want to continue baseball?
That would be a good assumption. This will now keep Central City in Class C. I'm wondering if that had something to do with it.

That would be a good assumption. This will now keep Central City in Class C. I'm wondering if that had something to do with it.
Probably. They were the biggest Class C baseball school last season. There's legitimately no chance for them to win Class B, that's for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT