ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball New Volleyball Region Format

northeastNebraska

All-State
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2008
Highway 30
What does everyone think of the regions for C1 and C2? I personally like it a lot. Do we know was it approved for basketball too?

When decisions are made like this, I do with they would lump D1 and D2 together with C2 and C1.

What does everyone think of the regions for C1 and C2? I personally like it a lot. Do we know was it approved for basketball too?

When decisions are made like this, I do with they would lump D1 and D2 together with C2 and C1.
I believe the format was also approved for C1 and C2 basketball.

For the uninformed:

The NSAA in volleyball this year (and seemingly basketball), will break the state into four geographic regions. The western most region will consist of one sub-district with five or six teams.

The other three regions will consist of 15 to 18 teams each. Towards the end of the season, those regions will rank the teams within their region and place them into three sub-districts of 4-6 teams based on the serpentine wildcard point method. This results in 10 sub-districts and then the usual format applies with the 10 sub-district winners and six highest wildcard finishers advancing to district finals.

In volleyball this year, the regions are as follows:

CLASS C1

REGION 1

Arlington
Ashland-Greenwood
Auburn
Boys Town
Conestoga
Douglas County West
Falls City
Fort Calhoun
Lincoln Christian
Louisville
Malcolm
Omaha Concordia
Omaha Roncalli
Palmyra
Raymond Central
Syracuse
Wahoo

REGION 2
Battle Creek
Boone Central
Clarkson/Leigh
Columbus Lakeview
Columbus Scotus
Laurel-Concord-Coleridge
Logan View/Scribner-Snyder
Madison
North Bend
O'Neill
Omaha Nation
Pierce
Wakefield
Wayne
West Point-Beemer
Winnebago

REGION 3
Adams Central
Broken Bow
Central City
Cozad
David City
Fairbury
Fillmore Central
Gibbon
Gothenburg
Grand Island Central Catholic
Holdrege
Kearney Catholic
Milford
Minden
St. Paul
Wilber-Clatonia

REGION 4
Bridgeport
Chadron
Chase County
Hershey
Mitchell
Ogallala

======================

CLASS C2
REGION 1

Cedar Bluffs
Cornerstone Christian
David City Aquinas
Elmwood-Murdock
Freeman
Fremont Bergan
Guardian Angels Central Catholic
Johnson County Central
Johnson-Brock
Lincoln Lutheran
Oakland-Craig
Omaha Brownell-Talbot
Southern
Tekamah-Herman
Wahoo Neumann
Yutan

REGION 2
Ainsworth
Boyd County
Crofton
Elgin/Elgin Pope John
Elkhorn Valley
Homer
Humphrey/Lindsay Academy
Lutheran High Northeast
Niobrara/Verdigre
Norfolk Catholic
Ord
Ponca
Stanton
Summerland
Tri County Northeast
West Holt
Wisner-Pilger

REGION 3
Arcadia/Loup City
Centennial
Centura
Cross County
Doniphan-Trumbull
Hastings St. Cecilia
Maxwell
Maywood/Hayes Center
Ravenna
Sandy Creek
Shelby/Rising City
South Loup
Southern Valley
Sutton
Thayer Central
Twin River
Wood River

REGION 4
Bayard
Gordon-Rushville
North Platte St. Patrick's
Perkins County
Valentine

This structure makes every regular season game that much more important. It is odd, not necessarily bad just different, not knowing your subdistrict in advance during the season.

I hope the NSAA posts a weekly As of Today subdistrict report. Sure one could figure this out on there own but it would be nice touch if the NSAA did this.

This structure makes every regular season game that much more important. It is odd, not necessarily bad just different, not knowing your subdistrict in advance during the season.

I hope the NSAA posts a weekly As of Today subdistrict report. Sure one could figure this out on there own but it would be nice touch if the NSAA did this.
While odd, I don’t think it’s a huge issue. I’ve always felt this is the best way to get away from a loaded sub.

IMO, This is the best way to get the best 16 teams to the district finals.

I am going to go ahead and assume that the NSAA will NOT do that. They have taken so long to get anything out anymore, no way they are on top of things to post it, neither do they probably feel they have to.

Reactions: ClkTwr2011
I am going to go ahead and assume that the NSAA will NOT do that. They have taken so long to get anything out anymore, no way they are on top of things to post it, neither do they probably feel they have to.
I agree. People that care will calculate it on their own. It doesn't much matter in this format.

While odd, I don’t think it’s a huge issue. I’ve always felt this is the best way to get away from a loaded sub.

IMO, This is the best way to get the best 16 teams to the district finals.
I love this system, and have campaigned for this or something similar for a few years.

I know that some don't like it because of the travel for District Finals. I understand the argument. I just really like to see the best 8 teams in each Class make it to the State Tournament.

I love this system, and have campaigned for this or something similar for a few years.

I know that some don't like it because of the travel for District Finals. I understand the argument. I just really like to see the best 8 teams in each Class make it to the State Tournament.
This isn't changing anything with the district finals is it? Just subs? Meaning they will still serpentine top 16 teams left for district finals and play at the higher seeds place.

Reactions: ClkTwr2011
This isn't changing anything with the district finals is it? Just subs? Meaning they will still serpentine top 16 teams left for district finals and play at the higher seeds place.
Correct, nothing is changing with District Finals.

I was referring to some people that have never liked that system.

This will put some teams traveling up to 4 hours, one way, for sub-district games. Could possibly be doing that 2-3 times that week plus District finals travel...

Just out of cur
This will put some teams traveling up to 4 hours, one way, for sub-district games. Could possibly be doing that 2-3 times that week plus District finals travel...
Jut out of curiosity, who do you have traveling 4 hours one way???

As of right now, Maywood-Hayes Center is the 2 seed in Region 3, so they would host.

If I did the seeding right, you have Southern Valley (79/96 miles to Maywood/Hayes Center), Centennial (193/261 miles), Sutton (159/193), Twin River (199/266), and South Loup (79/110) in that sub.

As of right now, Maywood-Hayes Center is the 2 seed in Region 3, so they would host.

If I did the seeding right, you have Southern Valley (79/96 miles to Maywood/Hayes Center), Centennial (193/261 miles), Sutton (159/193), Twin River (199/266), and South Loup (79/110) in that sub.
Lots of season left though. Let it play out. I hadn't paid much attention to C2 yet, but know some C1 people have been seeing changes every day and it gets stressed how important each game is.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
Lots of season left though. Let it play out. I hadn't paid much attention to C2 yet, but know some C1 people have been seeing changes every day and it gets stressed how important each game is.
I understand that. It could be completely different and will be completely different in a few weeks when the brackets are made. But the fact that this is even a possibility is ridiculous.

I understand that. It could be completely different and will be completely different in a few weeks when the brackets are made. But the fact that this is even a possibility is ridiculous.
IMO it makes the regular season matter more with this new format. If a team has to drive on a bus for an extra hour one or two nights it’s not the end of the world.

Yes it’s a lot more fun to follow points now and the regular season means more now than in years past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT