ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball C1/C2 Volleyball Region Subs

GrizzzlyPanda

Freshman
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2021
I have created a google spreadsheet that organizes each region for volleyball in class C1 and C2 and where they stand currently as far as seeding at the link below. I will do my best to update this a few times a week as the regular season comes to a close! Hope some of you find this useful! Also if you see something that is glaringly wrong, please let me know!

Volleyball Regions '24

I have created a google spreadsheet that organizes each region for volleyball in class C1 and C2 and where they stand currently as far as seeding at the link below. I will do my best to update this a few times a week as the regular season comes to a close! Hope some of you find this useful! Also if you see something that is glaringly wrong, please let me know!

Volleyball Regions '24
I believe I got this file so that it updates automatically. If you see a mistake, let me know...it's a programming error, and I'll try to fix it.

C1 and C2 Volleyball Regions 2024

Correct on the color coding.

The pulling of data is coding and formulas in sheets. There are several sheets hidden from view.
I'd like to be able to try this for some other projects I'm working on....do you mind sharing an example?

I'd like to be able to try this for some other projects I'm working on....do you mind sharing an example?
So for each class, there's a total of 4 tabs. There is a tab that lists each regions teams, a tab that then uses a formula to imports HTML...uses the NSAA wild card rankings page...pulls from the HTML code for the list of points for the intended class, then in other columns on that sheet, an alphabetical list and each schools points so that it can be linked to a tab that ranks each region from top to bottom. Then the sheets you see is the result of pulling the regions ranked and placing them in the correct spots within the 'bracket'.

Does that make any sense? It's also why I know there could be an error... with cell referencing, as each sheet has references to cells in another sheet. Pulling the data from the NSAA is a bit tricky...as you have to play around to make sure it pulls the correct list.

This is great, thanks for sharing this.

I love the new region formats. It's great to see some teams not getting matched up with their "regular" sub opponents like in years past.

Reactions: GrizzzlyPanda
So for each class, there's a total of 4 tabs. There is a tab that lists each regions teams, a tab that then uses a formula to imports HTML...uses the NSAA wild card rankings page...pulls from the HTML code for the list of points for the intended class, then in other columns on that sheet, an alphabetical list and each schools points so that it can be linked to a tab that ranks each region from top to bottom. Then the sheets you see is the result of pulling the regions ranked and placing them in the correct spots within the 'bracket'.

Does that make any sense? It's also why I know there could be an error... with cell referencing, as each sheet has references to cells in another sheet. Pulling the data from the NSAA is a bit tricky...as you have to play around to make sure it pulls the correct list.
Yes, makes sense. I was curious as to how you were importing the data from the NSAA.

No doubt about it. Having 6 of the top 7 teams in C1 all in the same region is going make it rather tough for any team from another region to grab a wildcard
Remember that in the new format there are 6 wild cards in each class. There are only 10 Sub-districts.

yes....I am saying in C1 region 2, there will be 3 sub winners, and likely 3 wildcards coming out of the losers in that region.
Similar to a sub having a winner and 2 wildcards in the old system. Happened many times in the Lincoln area and northeast Nebraska. It will be interesting to see how it plays out and if people like it or hate it.

It sounds as though maybe we realize that certain areas are deeper and have better teams; which is why we've continued to adjust the system to get the 8 best teams to state, not just 8 teams that represent the geography of the state.

I love it, and kudos to the region that has that many good teams. It's going to be a different region in a different year, and that's OK.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT