ADVERTISEMENT

North and B. West tied

4norsemen

All-District
Sep 14, 2008
2nd qtr. A really great HS game to be able to see on TV. These guys are really after each other. Also on HS Cube and NePreps

Game became a boat race early. No challlange from B West. I do not see a challlange until Semis which could come from a team already having lost to North. Would love to see GISH finish unbeaten . North / GISH is a premier rivalry since Coleman played. Almond v Nelson. .

Interesting to note that in 90 years of HS Football North missed their All-time total yards record by 4 yards against a # 2 team in Bellevue West that pasted Westside 41-0. With 585 total yards..

This is notable. They have in the stable perhaps the two best running backs in Class A, the two most aggressive linebackers in Class A, the best offensive line ever and a champion QB.

Not enough credit has yet been bestowed upon Coach Martin. I recall when he first came to V-Up high from Bergan High in Fremont and still lived in Fremont and would load up the bus and bring the Florence/ North O kids to Dodge County for suppers at his house.

Another story I love is when he moved to Omaha he moved down the street from CPrep Coach Jaworski and they would share film and talk FB deep into the night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT