ADVERTISEMENT

NSAA Classification vote

Not even close. I am saying if you are in a coaching position in this state, which both of these guys are, you shouldn't be saying things like that. And I am far from PC and a proud Trump voter. You guys just sound like idiots for saying things as above.
I know but it is so hard to stay quite these days and watch the lies and publicity stuff that goes on. Like I said I dont agree, but I dont think the conservative side should stay quite any more and fight fire with fire against the say anything PC only when it for their cause Liberal side

I fail to see how saying women don't belong in football is sexist, especially when I take that stance saying I don't believe it helps the domestic violence situation in our country. If women want to play football (or wrestle) that is just fine and dandy with me...I'm just saying that should do that with other women so young high school aged men aren't being taught it is ok to physically abuse young women on a daily basis at practice. 1234 Sports...how is that sexist?

Not even close. I am saying if you are in a coaching position in this state, which both of these guys are, you shouldn't be saying things like that. And I am far from PC and a proud Trump voter. You guys just sound like idiots for saying things as above.
I'm an "idiot" for opposing publicity stunts and/or PC merit badges? I'll try to slow down...while I'm not crazy about inflicting violence on women for the sake of sport, which is Victors main objection, and despite the fact that I recognize the societal problem it entails, my main contention is that to win these PC merit badges you people wear so proudly, when we allow a lesser talent to take opportunities away from far more talented and deserving athletes, all in the name of "inclusion" or "diversity" or whatever your folks are preaching, we've done a horrible injustice to the not only the male athletes, but the game itself. Her biggest attribute, near as I can tell is to creep over a couple short field goals and "only" miss a handful of XP's. Hardly D2 material. This coach is a clown who richly deserves what is waiting for him in a few years.

Reactions: hailvictors2
I'm an "idiot" for opposing publicity stunts and/or PC merit badges? I'll try to slow down...while I'm not crazy about inflicting violence on women for the sake of sport, which is Victors main objection, and despite the fact that I recognize the societal problem it entails, my main contention is that to win these PC merit badges you people wear so proudly, when we allow a lesser talent to take opportunities away from far more talented and deserving athletes, all in the name of "inclusion" or "diversity" or whatever your folks are preaching, we've done a horrible injustice to the not only the male athletes, but the game itself. Her biggest attribute, near as I can tell is to creep over a couple short field goals and "only" miss a handful of XP's. Hardly D2 material. This coach is a clown who richly deserves what is waiting for him in a few years.
I wish I could like this 1,000 times.

Great response, have to agree

Girls shouldn't be playing football. Period. I was hoping that this boy/girl enrollment thing would put an end to that. All they need to do is say if a girl plays the school has to absorb the full girl enrollment for classification.
EX: Boy enrollment 62 and Girl Enrollment 65. If the football team consists of only boys the school stays C2. If 1 girl (or boy that "identifies as a girl" goes out they have to absorb the 65 and it bumps them up a class from C2 to C1. No school in their right mind would let that happen, which is perfect. It eliminates girls in football, which should have been done long ago anyway.
You are so spot on, HailVictors2! I'm going to add to this pathetic crap of, "I'm a boy, no I wanna be a girl again," ridiculousness!! Let's just make every high school sport coed then, how about that? If these people want to be all FAIR and Politically Correct and equal rights, blah, blah, blah, then make it all coed, so boys can go out and participate in any and all sports that are generally for girls! How about that idea for fair and equal?

Reactions: hailvictors2
I'm not passionately involved in this discussion, but it got me curious about the quality of our kickers in this state considering someone mentioned that there are about 100 kickers in Nebraska high school football that are better than the gal that is mentioned.

I watched what I could find on Hudl for highlights. I'm not sure why there weren't very many field goals attempted, but the girl was not just squeaking kicks barely over the uprights on extra points. Judging from what I could see in the frame, I think she looked solid from 30ish yards out. With proper coaching and strengthening the leg, she could do 40 yards.

Looking at the in-state Division 2 programs here are the kicking stats from last season:

UNK-1 kicker. XPs=29/30. FGs=7/12 (4/5 from 30-39 yards. 1/3 from 40-49 yards. 2/4 from 50+ yards)
WSC-1 kicker. XPs=31/35. FGs=9/12 (1/1 from 01-19 yards. 3/4 from 20-29 yards. 4/4 from 30-39 yards. 1/3 from 40-49 yards. 0 attempts from 50+)
CSC-Their stats weren't as detailed, but 2 kickers with the following combined stats. 33 XPs. FGs=5/7 (Makes: 1 from inside 20 yards. 3 from 30-39 yards. 1 from 40-49 yards. Long of 41 yards).

So it's not as though D2 kickers are really lighting up the scoreboards with their feet on field goals. And when they do score, it's not like they're being asked to regularly make 50 yard field goals. From what I saw, I think she is capable of making 30 xps and booting in a handful of kicks from low to medium range. Whether that warrants a scholarship offer (which seems to be the crux of the issue for a few of you), isn't really for you to determine. This coach may be wrong about this girl being a good kicker in the long term. But he's just as likely to be right about her as he is about any other Joe Shmoe "star" football player in high school that never saw the field for his D2 squad.

For what it's worth, as someone who played football in college on a team that had troubles with the kicker making extra points...I believe there is legitimate value in the ability to be perfect on XPs.

Reactions: Yossarian23
I'm not passionately involved in this discussion, but it got me curious about the quality of our kickers in this state considering someone mentioned that there are about 100 kickers in Nebraska high school football that are better than the gal that is mentioned.

I watched what I could find on Hudl for highlights. I'm not sure why there weren't very many field goals attempted, but the girl was not just squeaking kicks barely over the uprights on extra points. Judging from what I could see in the frame, I think she looked solid from 30ish yards out. With proper coaching and strengthening the leg, she could do 40 yards.

Looking at the in-state Division 2 programs here are the kicking stats from last season:

UNK-1 kicker. XPs=29/30. FGs=7/12 (4/5 from 30-39 yards. 1/3 from 40-49 yards. 2/4 from 50+ yards)
WSC-1 kicker. XPs=31/35. FGs=9/12 (1/1 from 01-19 yards. 3/4 from 20-29 yards. 4/4 from 30-39 yards. 1/3 from 40-49 yards. 0 attempts from 50+)
CSC-Their stats weren't as detailed, but 2 kickers with the following combined stats. 33 XPs. FGs=5/7 (Makes: 1 from inside 20 yards. 3 from 30-39 yards. 1 from 40-49 yards. Long of 41 yards).

So it's not as though D2 kickers are really lighting up the scoreboards with their feet on field goals. And when they do score, it's not like they're being asked to regularly make 50 yard field goals. From what I saw, I think she is capable of making 30 xps and booting in a handful of kicks from low to medium range. Whether that warrants a scholarship offer (which seems to be the crux of the issue for a few of you), isn't really for you to determine. This coach may be wrong about this girl being a good kicker in the long term. But he's just as likely to be right about her as he is about any other Joe Shmoe "star" football player in high school that never saw the field for his D2 squad.

For what it's worth, as someone who played football in college on a team that had troubles with the kicker making extra points...I believe there is legitimate value in the ability to be perfect on XPs.
I can tell you right now, in just the state of nebraska, which is a very small state, I know 4 or 5 kickers who got no offers from D2 or any scholarship offers because they could only kick 30 to 35 yard field goals and where nearly perfect in high school for extra points. This is a pub stunt, I by no means blame her for taking advantage of it, I would to. But it is unfair and sad. I am for fair, I like the coed in all sports, why not, then gender would not matter, you want fair thats is as fair as it gets, no more title nine ,no more worry about your gender

You are so spot on, HailVictors2! I'm going to add to this pathetic crap of, "I'm a boy, no I wanna be a girl again," ridiculousness!! Let's just make every high school sport coed then, how about that? If these people want to be all FAIR and Politically Correct and equal rights, blah, blah, blah, then make it all coed, so boys can go out and participate in any and all sports that are generally for girls! How about that idea for fair and equal?
We probably aren't far from this.

I can tell you right now, in just the state of nebraska, which is a very small state, I know 4 or 5 kickers who got no offers from D2 or any scholarship offers because they could only kick 30 to 35 yard field goals and where nearly perfect in high school for extra points. This is a pub stunt, I by no means blame her for taking advantage of it, I would to. But it is unfair and sad. I am for fair, I like the coed in all sports, why not, then gender would not matter, you want fair thats is as fair as it gets, no more title nine ,no more worry about your gender

Yah but therein lies the issue of grading talent. There are players at every position that don't get the offers or looks that probably should and end up either not playing or at a lower level of collegiate athletics. That's just tough noogies. If you're not a clear D1 talent, then recruiting is a more of a crapshoot than anything in my opinion.

The question that should be answered to determine whether this is higher on the publicity stunt spectrum is whether this D2 school usually gives scholarships to kickers. I'm not sure that every school uses a scholarship or partial one on their kicker. If they hadn't given one to a kicker in the last 4 years, then we may know the motivation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT