ADVERTISEMENT

Football ****Re-Seeded Second Round D1 & D2 Playoff Brackets****

Easy to argue with the process(I don’t agree with it) but hard to argue with the results hitchcock county has gotten the last two years. I believe this will be their first ever state championship appearance? And the county as a whole should be very proud of how hard/tough that team plays and is.

Guessing they will face some teams in the next couple years that will remember they had starters in late into the fourth quarter in not competitive games and scores will reflect it, but with 14 freshmen they will surely be very competitive again by the time they are freshman.

C-bears or twins do your participation numbers stay that high? 14 is very impressive even for a whole county school at the D-2 level
I'd project these numbers for the new few years:
5-Juniors
2- Sophs
14-Freshmen
5- 8th grade (that will go out) 11 Total boys in class
3 or 4- 7th grade (that will go out) 10 total boys in class

Easy to argue with the process(I don’t agree with it) but hard to argue with the results hitchcock county has gotten the last two years. I believe this will be their first ever state championship appearance? And the county as a whole should be very proud of how hard/tough that team plays and is.

Guessing they will face some teams in the next couple years that will remember they had starters in late into the fourth quarter in not competitive games and scores will reflect it, but with 14 freshmen they will surely be very competitive again by the time they are freshman.

C-bears or twins do your participation numbers stay that high? 14 is very impressive even for a whole county school at the D-2 level
Participation rate was extremely low for the junior and sophomore classes. The freshman class as a whole is going to be pretty good in a few years. There are freshman who play on special teams, mostly for solid hands and blocking ability.

All state linebacker Shuler's little brother is in the freshman class that has size and speed. I do not believe we will have another freshman class quite that large but there will be some more good athletes coming up from jr. high.

I can honestly say there are some very good underclassmen on this team. They just have a super group of senior athletes ahead of them and they will have to prove themselves next year on the bigger stage. Also, with the success of the last two years I would guess we will see some additional boys go out next year in the upper classes.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs

The freshman class has about 20 boys and 9 girls. Just a big class of boys.

Participation levels are generally very low. Last year the team had only 18boys on the whole team, so when we played Cross County, who had 38 players on their roster, we were blown away.

There are only 2 boys out of 7 sophomores and 6 boys out of 13 juniors. The freshman class just happens to have a lot of boys interested in sports, or at least football.

This is the discussion above... HC is a team that should remember the other teams leaving their starters in late into the 4th quarter in non-competitive games...

HC has not been competitive most years in football over the last 20 years and has been blown out too many times.

Reactions: ClkTwr2011
As far as running up the score goes, I don't like it, but I fully believe that some coaches hate getting the score ran up on them, so when they have a good team and a chance to run it up on the coach that ran it up on them, those coaches will take that opportunity.

From a fans point of view, many fans want to get revenge and run the score up on those teams that have kicked their butts for 10 years in a row. Like I said before, I don't agree with running up the score. I believe in getting young players as much experience as possible in varsity games when the opportunities arise, and believe me, those opportunities happened a lot this year for HC. The JV did get a lot of varsity playing time in the 2nd half of most games.

One of my brothers is on the chain gang and hears almost every word that opposing coaches say during the game. Oftentimes it's not pretty. Some of these coaches would be much better off if they led by example in front of all those impressionable kids that they are leading. Some coaches deserve what they get with their attitudes on the sidelines. Be respectful, get treated respectfully.

Edit:
Some things players and coaches have said:

- Break his leg! Take him out! Break his f***ing arm! Take out #**! Knock him out of the game! You need to hurt #25! Get him out of the game! When you get your shot, take it! Get him in the pile while he is down!

Some teams and their coaches are pretty disrespectful against HC. When players say these things, their coaches need to tell them to shut up. When the coaches are saying these things, they shouldn't even be allowed to coach any more.

Opposing teams are not putting their JV kids in when HC puts theirs in. Playing a bunch of freshmen against other teams juniors and seniors isn't always ok to do.

💯😍

Couldn't agree more with you the above comments.
Just lots of stuff to talk about in this thread. I like a lot of what you are saying here.

My own feelings, no matter the sport. A coach can't coach both teams. If I am coaching a game and we are way up, my opponent has the opportunity to pull their starters and I will do the same. I am not going to put my JV team on the field to get beat up by an opponent's upper classmen and starters. What good does that do anyone? However, what I will do is keep my game plan conservative and simple. I may even sub in a few JV players in with my starters. I once told an opposing coach that if he would pull his starters I would do the same, and he was extremely offended.

Likewise, if I am getting hammered, I will pull my starters with the expectation that my opponent will do the same. If they don't, I will ask them to. There is no shame in that as far as I am concerned.

During the 90's, I was a member of the UNL Wheel Club. 2 times each year, one of the Athletic Directors would come out for lunch and bring along a couple of players. Aaron Graham, Jay Sims, and Stai were a few that I remember. I asked them what they thought about having to sit so much because they were beating their opponents so badly. These kids were extremely upset about it. They felt that they had earned the right to be on the field, and they were playing less than 1/2 of the reps. They felt that they were starters because they worked harder, put in the extra time, dedicated themselves more so than their back ups.

There are always more points of view than are evident to me. Whatever a coach is thinking during a blowout win (or loss) is their right. Even if I don't agree with it.

Just lots of stuff to talk about in this thread. I like a lot of what you are saying here.

My own feelings, no matter the sport. A coach can't coach both teams. If I am coaching a game and we are way up, my opponent has the opportunity to pull their starters and I will do the same. I am not going to put my JV team on the field to get beat up by an opponent's upper classmen and starters. What good does that do anyone? However, what I will do is keep my game plan conservative and simple. I may even sub in a few JV players in with my starters. I once told an opposing coach that if he would pull his starters I would do the same, and he was extremely offended.

Likewise, if I am getting hammered, I will pull my starters with the expectation that my opponent will do the same. If they don't, I will ask them to. There is no shame in that as far as I am concerned.

During the 90's, I was a member of the UNL Wheel Club. 2 times each year, one of the Athletic Directors would come out for lunch and bring along a couple of players. Aaron Graham, Jay Sims, and Stai were a few that I remember. I asked them what they thought about having to sit so much because they were beating their opponents so badly. These kids were extremely upset about it. They felt that they had earned the right to be on the field, and they were playing less than 1/2 of the reps. They felt that they were starters because they worked harder, put in the extra time, dedicated themselves more so than their back ups.

There are always more points of view than are evident to me. Whatever a coach is thinking during a blowout win (or loss) is their right. Even if I don't agree with it.
Very well said. A lot of good points to think about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT