ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Coaching Changes

Alum-Ni

All-State
Gold Member
Aug 29, 2004
A thread for basketball coaching changes.

Per the Lincoln Journal Star Mark Hrabik is stepping down after 29 years as boys basketball coach at Syracuse

Anyone know if Fant coached the last few games at Benson? If he did not, he may not be back next year.

What happened to O'Donnell at Bryan, did he get a new job??

He stepped down on his own. Made the announcement on Facebook. That job really takes a lot out of you. You have to pretty much recruit your entire roster, just like Chubick at South. There's very little basketball in the South Omaha youth ranks and the area catholic schools used to feed a lot of kids into Bryan that Cannon had a ton of success with, along with the talent from the South Omaha OPS schools.

Reactions: T...Chafes
Jim Weeks said yesterday in his postgame press conference that next year he will transition into a co-coach role at Auburn with his son Jackson.

southern nebraska conference had quite a few openings - some have filled

boys
- superior, fairbury, fillmore central, david city
girls
- milford, fairbury, sandy creek

:oops::oops: Oh wow. Is he from around that area?
He is a FC grad so the move is justified BUT from sources I've talked to with knowledge of the environment at St. Paul it's starting to sound all to familiar of many situations; upset parents, admins, school board members with unrealistic expectations. Wish Coach Reinsch all the best back home!

He is a FC grad so the move is justified BUT from sources I've talked to with knowledge of the environment at St. Paul it's starting to sound all to familiar of many situations; upset parents, admins, school board members with unrealistic expectations. Wish Coach Reinsch all the best back home!
Sounds about right. Coach Reinsch did some fantastic things at Saint Paul and have no doubt that he will be able to get that FC program back on their feet in no time.

Sounds about right. Coach Reinsch did some fantastic things at Saint Paul and have no doubt that he will be able to get that FC program back on their feet in no time.
I wish him the best of luck, just hope its not out of the pot and into the frying pan. FC has had a lot of coaches over the last ten years

I would say accurate. He is going back home but there was a lot of pressure on him the last couple years I know from parents. Specifically the Jr Class.

I would say accurate. He is going back home but there was a lot of pressure on him the last couple years I know from parents. Specifically the Jr Class.
Good gosh, back to back state appearances & people weren't happy? Sounds crazy IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT