ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Coaching changes

kaz36

All-State
May 2, 2005
Open Jobs
Boys
Gross Catholic - Terry O’Donnell(interim)
Shelby-Rising City
Papillion Lavista - Will Pope
Waverly - Garrett Borchers
Pius X - Adam Brill
Burwell
Paxton
Milford
Elkhorn South - JJ Zumbrennen
Gothenburg - Kent Koehn
Omaha Westview - Mitch Runco
Omaha Buena Vista - Noah Borgman
Omaha Central - Bruce Chubick Jr
GACC
Norfolk - Ben Bohn
Lincoln North Star - Lee Steinbrook
Omaha South
Millard North - Mike Etzelmiller
Osmond
Centura
Giltner - Dane McConnell
Elgin Public
St Paul - Rob Wegner
Winnebago
Chadron - Kyle Sanders
Hartington-Newcastle - Tylor Fincher
Elkhorn - Nick Thompson
Mead - Blaine Hilgenkamp

Girls
Crete - Britt Ehlers
Kearney
Lincoln East - Alex McCleary
Norfolk
Nebraska City - Scott Kinnison
Lincoln Lutheran
Norris - Wally Johnson
Lincoln Christian
Hyannis
Gretna - Makayla Doggett
GI Northwest - Derek Lindsey
Roncalli
Bishop Neumann
Hastings
Westview - Jason Simons
Buena Vista
Brady - Nate Stienike
North Platte St Pats
North Central
Grand Island - Kathryn Langrehr
Niobrara Verdigre
Boyd County - Seth Miller
Hastings - Liz Vanderpool

Last edited:
what is going on at GACC? They haven't been good in awhile for boy's basketball. Who is their coach? I see their scores and their games aren't even close.

what is going on at GACC? They haven't been good in awhile for boy's basketball. Who is their coach? I see their scores and their games aren't even close.
This year football was 2-6 and their basketball team is currently 5-17. Last year they were 4-5 and 5-20. The year before that, they were 4-5 and 11-13. I'm going to guess there are/were a couple classes stacked together that maybe weren't as talented as they had been. That's a tough part of the state and schedule to compete with when you don't have the Jimmies and Joes. Isn't the basketball coach this year in his first year? I remember it being open last year. Maxpreps says the coach this year is Jason Folkers

This year football was 2-6 and their basketball team is currently 5-17. Last year they were 4-5 and 5-20. The year before that, they were 4-5 and 11-13. I'm going to guess there are/were a couple classes stacked together that maybe weren't as talented as they had been. That's a tough part of the state and schedule to compete with when you don't have the Jimmies and Joes. Isn't the basketball coach this year in his first year? I remember it being open last year. Maxpreps says the coach this year is Jason Folkers
Yes new coach this year. I think they’ve had three HC’s in four years?

Looks like they have been getting killed all year. I hear the culture of parents and administrators there are really toxic!!

Looks like they have been getting killed all year. I hear the culture of parents and administrators there are really toxic!!
They have lost games this year, some by big margins, but they play one of the toughest schedules in the state in Class C2.

They have played...
9 Division 1 Teams
6 Division 2 Teams
6 Division 3 Teams
3 Division 4 Teams

Only Cedar Catholic played more Division 1 teams this year in C2 than GACC (11).

They are going through a tough time now, which had to happen eventually. It's also a tough look when the girls program is so dominant.

Reactions: BigBallerRed

Crete girls basketball coach John Larsen is retiring. He is Nebraska's all-time wins leader in girls basketball with 638 wins and 10 state titles. He won 560 of those games and nine Class A titles at Lincoln Southeast. He then stepped away from the game for seven years and then took Crete to a state championship in 2020.

Reactions: saluno22
Shelby-Rising City is going with a new coach next year. Coach Gabel is out. 🥺

Norfolk High girls is open after coach Jared Oswald steps down.

Nebraska City boys is open. I have heard rumors that the girls job may be open too.

he is only been at GACC for one year, parents their are pretty frugal, the boys teams have been down for some time now.

Norris Girls job is open. Mark Hagerman announced his retirement from coaching Monday but will continue to teach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT