ADVERTISEMENT

Expected Head Football Openings

3 makes a crowd, I'll start a list. Please report resignations & hirings going forward. Confirmed information only please.

Positions open:

Pius X
Laurel-Concord
Elkhorn Valley
Omaha Bryan
North Bend Central

Last edited:
Anyone have reasons for these coaching vacancies?
Pius X = Retirement
Laurel-Concord = ???
Omaha Bryan = ???
North Bend Central = ???

Reactions: Pamijo89
Omaha Bryan

Have Omaha Bryan, Omaha South and Northwest been able to keep a coach longer than 2 years? Seems like there is turnover there every year. Hopefully Steve Warren can build some stably at Northwest and give the kids a coach that will be with them from start to finish.

If you think the problem is the head coach at these programs, you aren't paying attention.

The head coach might not be the problem at these programs. I do believe that these programs need some stability in order to achieve success.

Reactions: LDSker
Any updates in the past couple of weeks? It is still early, but there are a few rumors out there - just wondering if anyone had any confirmed retirements, resignations, or non-renewals?

Reactions: huskersalways
Expect North Bend to hire Ryan Sterin as their next football coach. He came to North Bend from Omaha Northwest as the head coach in waiting.

Omaha Bryan is open? That's Jeff Koezer (spell?) isn't it? He's pretty young. Is he moving into administration or something? I know they went 0-9 this year, but they are up against a stacked deck aren't they? I'm pretty sure this was his 3rd or 4th year there.

Expect North Bend to hire Ryan Sterin as their next football coach. He came to North Bend from Omaha Northwest as the head coach in waiting.
I hope NB can rebound. Just been a tough job since about 2002. Their district is usually always stacked with the Columbus schools or the Wahoo's.

Sexton is a legend? Some of the most talented players in NE history and zero championships. Definitely a good coach.

Update of Positions open:

Pius X
Laurel-Concord
Elkhorn Valley
Omaha Bryan
North Bend Central
West Point-Beemer
Beatrice

Idk why I thought I heard he went to Papillion La-Vista to be an assistant? I could totally be wrong though.
That could be the case. His dad is the head coach there now. There was thought he would leave to join his dad's staff (and likely take over there on Randy's retirement), but I hadn't heard whether it actually happened.

North Bend Central HC position is no longer open.

Heard that Lincoln Southwest is open. The former HC has left to be the AD at Elkhorn

Update of Positions open & filled(please confirm any new info)

Pius X

Laurel-Concord

Elkhorn Valley

Omaha Bryan

North Bend Central - Ryan Sterin

West Point-Beemer

Beatrice

Lincoln Southwest

Logan View- Dustin Sealy

GICC

Last edited:
Please confirm and/or deny open jobs & new coaches.

Pius X

Laurel-Concord

Elkhorn Valley

Omaha Bryan

North Bend Central - Ryan Sterin

West Point-Beemer

Beatrice

Lincoln Southwest

Logan View - Dustin Sealey

GICC

Arapahoe?

Roncalli