ADVERTISEMENT

Football Football Declarations 22-23

HappyTrail3200

Freshman
Sep 14, 2017
Just scrolling the declarations for the next cycle and some of the more intriguing observations I made were Silver Lake going 8-man next year (had been opting down to play 6-man lately but we have two other threads about that) and it lists Eustis-Farnam as 8-man...but not in a coop with Elwood.

Maybe they don't have them put together on the sheet yet? I see the same thing with Arcadia and Loup City being "separate" on the sheet, with Loup City declaring 8 man, but nothing for Arcadia.

Hopefully the Hi-Line co-op doesn't end. Eustis-Farnam has count is 16 boys this year according to the NSAA classifications page. No way they should be playing 8 man by themselves. Both of those schools would be in the same boat in a few years. Keep the continuity and let the kids field a team with a healthy numbers.

Maybe they don't have them put together on the sheet yet? I see the same thing with Arcadia and Loup City being "separate" on the sheet, with Loup City declaring 8 man, but nothing for Arcadia.

Hopefully the Hi-Line co-op doesn't end. Eustis-Farnam has count is 16 boys this year according to the NSAA classifications page. No way they should be playing 8 man by themselves. Both of those schools would be in the same boat in a few years. Keep the continuity and let the kids field a team with a healthy numbers.
Looks like A/LC was already in the grace period so if they stay together they’d be ineligible unless numbers trended the other way.

Heard Twin River was going 8man. The forfeit to Ord seems to make it look like it’s trending that way regardless of their numbers.

Also had heard a year or two ago about Sutton dropping to 8man this upcoming cycle because numbers were trending that way.

There are numerous teams on the bubble that will have some decisions to make. Anyone know when the September 30 enrollment numbers get published that they use for football classifications?

Reactions: ClkTwr2011
Wood River-Shelton is no longer. Both will go their separate ways after two years.

Wood River will be C2 and Shelton will probably be 8 man unless the drop to 6 man.

Why the split?
It seems to me, Wood River wants to have "Wood River" on their jerseys. Plus they want to play C2.

I feel bad for Shelton, they needed this co-op for the few kids who enjoy football. They are a bigger XC school compared to football. Now Shelton will probably play 8 man with 12-13 kids out.

But yes, a huge expense in uniforms that will no longer be worn. Pretty sad.

Reactions: Ruttingbuck
Wood River as far as the lobbying went to ADD Shelton a couple years ago didn’t realize that they’d be playing who they were playing instead of Lou pLatte conference foes who are traditionally C2 schools.

after they realized the kind of schedule they had to play it made no sense to be with Shelton. Wood River is a school that needs a semblance of success. That’s not going to happen playing C1. Honestly.
What’s good for Shelton shouldn’t be on the mind of a separate school district. my 2 cents

Wood River as far as the lobbying went to ADD Shelton a couple years ago didn’t realize that they’d be playing who they were playing instead of Lou pLatte conference foes who are traditionally C2 schools.

after they realized the kind of schedule they had to play it made no sense to be with Shelton. Wood River is a school that needs a semblance of success. That’s not going to happen playing C1. Honestly.
What’s good for Shelton shouldn’t be on the mind of a separate school district. my 2 cents
No way they were that clueless

It's my understanding that Wood River was expecting more Shelton kids to go out and that didn't happen. That forced them into C1 where they had to play a difficult schedule. I've heard Shelton will have to go 6 man.

And Wood River wasn't winning before the coop either.

Wood River hasn’t been good since they ran out of McTavish kids. They won’t be good again until their admin worries about administrative things instead of micromanaging sport programs. Thinking of coaches that have left Wood River over the years to make a lateral jump (mostly just to get away from their putrid administration)….Derek Garfield-Fairbury, Ben Fehringer-Gibbon, Kevin Mayfield-GICC, Cale Streeter-Hershey and Logan View, Robert Evans-Ogallala and David City.

Last edited:
Looks like A/LC was already in the grace period so if they stay together they’d be ineligible unless numbers trended the other way.

Heard Twin River was going 8man. The forfeit to Ord seems to make it look like it’s trending that way regardless of their numbers.

Also had heard a year or two ago about Sutton dropping to 8man this upcoming cycle because numbers were trending that way.

There are numerous teams on the bubble that will have some decisions to make. Anyone know when the September 30 enrollment numbers get published that they use for football classifications?
Sutton is now listed as 8 man. Seeing a little increase in 11 man with the new Gretna, Lincoln, and OPS schools listed.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT