==============================

CLASS D2
First Round

Falls City Sacred Heart 64, Leyton 30
Humphrey St. Francis 61, McCool Junction 54
Shelton 52, Wilcox-Hildreth 22
Wynot 53, O'Neill St. Mary's 44

Semifinals
Falls City Sacred Heart 33, Humphrey St. Francis 29 (OT)
Wynot 43, Shelton 36

State Championship
Falls City Sacred Heart 33, Wynot 32

Third Place Game
Shelton 48, Humphrey St. Francis 43

Last edited:
Reactions: kerpal_68
D2 girls first round picks anyone and reasons why?
FCSH over Leyton- Talent & experience goes a long way in the tournament

HSF over McCool- This match-up intrigues me, you have one of the top scorers in D2 for McCool but again Talent and experience is a big factor in the tournament. Could see McCool winning but will go with the Flyers.

Shelton over WH- Too much depth and fire power here. Already played once. Another top team with talent coming back with state experience. I think Shelton is going to be a tough team to beat this week.

St. Marys over Wynot- I could see either team winning this game. Both have played some really good teams. Both have been in close games and that always helps late in the year. I like St. Marys athletes and their fire power little more than Wynots.

FCSH over Leyton- Talent & experience goes a long way in the tournament

HSF over McCool- This match-up intrigues me, you have one of the top scorers in D2 for McCool but again Talent and experience is a big factor in the tournament. Could see McCool winning but will go with the Flyers.

Shelton over WH- Too much depth and fire power here. Already played once. Another top team with talent coming back with state experience. I think Shelton is going to be a tough team to beat this week.

St. Marys over Wynot- I could see either team winning this game. Both have played some really good teams. Both have been in close games and that always helps late in the year. I like St. Marys athletes and their fire power little more than Wynots.
Has anyone see HSF play, do they have good talent, I have seen McCool a few times!

If you're a twitter user, following #nebpreps hashtag usually has many folks covering the games in real time
The NE Scorefeed App is a must for all high school sports junkies. Also I like that it has a quick link by the score that you can watch the game right there. No more searching YouTube or strive to catch up on your rivals. Obviously right now it’s pay to watch season but it’s a very good app.

The NE Scorefeed App is a must for all high school sports junkies. Also I like that it has a quick link by the score that you can watch the game right there. No more searching YouTube or strive to catch up on your rivals. Obviously right now it’s pay to watch season but it’s a very good app.
Second this, great source for real time scores during football and basketball season. Chad greenway former Hawkeye and Minnesota Viking is a partner/spokesman for them as well, if you wanna see some high level girls basketball type in maddyn greenway on YouTube.

Reactions: runningback43
Second this, great source for real time scores during football and basketball season. Chad greenway former Hawkeye and Minnesota Viking is a partner/spokesman for them as well, if you wanna see some high level girls basketball type in maddyn greenway on YouTube.
Io_a sucks & Minisota blows.

Go to striv.com and support Nebraska!

Does anyone know what happened with the scorekeeper error with Centura game? Overheard that the NSAA will be investigating the matter.

Does anyone know what happened with the scorekeeper error with Centura game? Overheard that the NSAA will be investigating the matter.
The radio announcer said one of Cedars top players was marked down one foul short of what she actually had and it was posted on the big scoreboard. So confusing everybody reading that and including the coach. They said the guy running the board and the guy running the scorebook are two different people. Not sure if that is all the way true but If that is the case that is a tough one to take.

Updated with all semifinal scores and championship/third place matchups

She fouled out with only 4 fouls.
The refs were foul happy, but called it bad on both sides. 51 total fouls in the game between the two teams. Very interested to see if Noecker had 4 fouls being their best player. NSAA will definitely look into it. Two great teams, just think Cedar got frustrated and forced stuff at the end without their two playmakers. Centura had a very great team this year, and it showed in the championship. Great people down in Dannebrog and Cairo; happy for the team. If Noecker only had 4 fouls, the NSAA owes a huge apology to her.

The refs were foul happy, but called it bad on both sides. 51 total fouls in the game between the two teams. Very interested to see if Noecker had 4 fouls being their best player. NSAA will definitely look into it. Two great teams, just think Cedar got frustrated and forced stuff at the end without their two playmakers. Centura had a very great team this year, and it showed in the championship. Great people down in Dannebrog and Cairo; happy for the team. If Noecker only had 4 fouls, the NSAA owes a huge apology to her.

Look into it and do what?

Look into it and do what?
Have a better record keeping system in place so that when a coach or player looks at the board and thinks they only have 3 fouls, they actually have three fouls and not four. Just make it so that there is no doubt during a game. 3 of the 4 record books only had 4 fouls supposedly. As a player, I would change how aggressive I would be at 3 or 4 fouls

Reactions: NeNebraskaGuru
Have a better record keeping system in place so that when a coach or player looks at the board and thinks they only have 3 fouls, they actually have three fouls and not four. Just make it so that there is no doubt during a game. 3 of the 4 record books only had 4 fouls supposedly. As a player, I would change how aggressive I would be at 3 or 4 fouls
All that has to happen is for people to actually communicate...you know talk...with their mouth. The book keepers for both teams, and the official book should communicate after every basket and foul to make sure they all concur. What's on the big board doesn't mean anything! The big screen in PBA is run from Memorial Stadium, those people could easily have an error if thigs are communicated. Not sure if the Bob is in house or somewhere else.

Similar situation earlier this year where a team won a game in OT and the game should not have gone to OT. The home team was up 1, the book keepers didn't talk, and the home book made an error and gave the visitors an extra point. By the time they discovered the error, they couldn't recall what happened exactly. Again talk after every point and every foul.

All that has to happen is for people to actually communicate...you know talk...with their mouth. The book keepers for both teams, and the official book should communicate after every basket and foul to make sure they all concur. What's on the big board doesn't mean anything! The big screen in PBA is run from Memorial Stadium, those people could easily have an error if thigs are communicated. Not sure if the Bob is in house or somewhere else.

Similar situation earlier this year where a team won a game in OT and the game should not have gone to OT. The home team was up 1, the book keepers didn't talk, and the home book made an error and gave the visitors an extra point. By the time they discovered the error, they couldn't recall what happened exactly. Again talk after every point and every foul.
The people keeping book need to be seated together. Right now the official book is in the middle of the table and the people keeping book for the teams are located next to the team bench. Really hard to communicate when you’re not seated at the table together .

Reactions: nenebskers
The people keeping book need to be seated together. Right now the official book is in the middle of the table and the people keeping book for the teams are located next to the team bench. Really hard to communicate when you’re not seated at the table together .
That's a valid point at these two venues with the big scorers table. You'd think they'd at least talk after each quarter though. People just need to be willing to get up and move quick.

Reactions: runningback43
There is an official book. It's the person in the striped shirt. That's the final answer. Scoreboards & team books are purely auxillary
Correct, but the non-official book and official book can communicate. Don't make the person keeping the official book above making a mistake. They're human. At times there's a lot going on toe keep track of in a short amount of time. Hence why communicating is important.

That's a valid point at these two venues with the big scorers table. You'd think they'd at least talk after each quarter though. People just need to be willing to get up and move quick.
I think they could move some of the non essential people at these tables to another spot

Reactions: nenebskers
There is an official book. It's the person in the striped shirt. That's the final answer. Scoreboards & team books are purely auxillary
This. Everything is ultimately at the discretion of the official book.

I did my own research by watching the On Demand replay on NFHS Network, and here are the results.

Using the official book on the NSAA site, it says that Noecker had the last foul of the third quarter called on her. That foul was an illegal screen against #20 Katelyn Arens. #2 Makenna Noecker buried a three pointer that was wiped off the board.

So, the problem comes down to one of two people:
1. The official scorekeeper incorrectly marked 2 instead of 20.

2. The official indicated the wrong number at the table, signaling 2 instead of 20.

In either case, a huge mistake was made, and the fact that everyone knew it but the scorekeeper and the official tells you all you need to know about the way the game was handled.

Reactions: huskers_2001
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT