ADVERTISEMENT

***In state recruiting for 2017 Nebraska Players.***

northeastNebraska

All-State
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2008
Highway 30
This fall will have one of the best classes of instate talent that I can remember. Multiple players this spring already have received FBS and FCS offers.

I personally think Brett Kitrell is the best prospect in the state this year. Legit 6'4, 280. Already had an offer from Minnesota. I can bet Nebraska will offer him this June after he comes for camp. They just want to see him move around after his injury.

So I figured lets get this thread started. Who are your favorite players this year in all classes? Who will be playing at the FBS or FCS level? I'll add who has committed as the recruiting process continues.

Last edited:
25061095211_1D576B15D7_O.JPG

Logan Strom, Norfolk High:TE/OL, 6-8, 240.

Rivals Profile: https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/184574

***PLAYING BASKETBALL IN COLLEGE***

Offers: Buffalo, Cincinnati, Wyoming, Illinois State, UNI, South Dakota, South Dakota State.

Last edited:
Why is Air Force so heavily in Nebraska? Is there a coaching connection to Nebraska? I'm sure some of it is that they are a service academy and generally have to offer to lots of kids to fill their roster. Regardless suprised to see them listed as much if not more than Ohio, the Dakota schools, and Wyoming.

Who are some of the other small town kids other than those listed who have potential for a FCS or D2 offer?

Between NDSU, SDSU, USD, Ohio, and now Wyoming the Huskers have their work cut out trying to get those borderline kids to walk on.

Wyoming used to recruit Nebraska very well, especially western Nebraska back in the late 80's. Nice to see them making an effort to recruit kids that won't get a scholarship in Lincoln.

Wyoming used to recruit Nebraska very well, especially western Nebraska back in the late 80's. Nice to see them making an effort to recruit kids that won't get a scholarship in Lincoln.
I agree. It's good to see these kids have success at another school because Nebraska can't take all in state kids if they want to be nationally relevant. It's not the 90's anymore but the talent has turned up in the state since 2012. Wyoming can take some of these kids and they get to play somewhat close to home and get a free ride.

This staff will get Nebraska guys who they think can contribute. Their first two commits for 2018 are Mapieu from York and Jurgens from Beatrice. Both very highly touted kids.

Reactions: ClkTwr2011
Hunter Miller from Cross County has a walk-on offer from NU. Also an offer from Northern Colorado. Would be a huge get for NU...I've seen him play he is huge and can move.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT