ADVERTISEMENT

NSAA unveils new design of state championship trophies

I wonder how the other 30 states with bigger trophies manage, its a was sad looking trophy compared and it is just become worse When your State doesnt take pride it becomes harder and harder to expect kids to take pride
Most of those photos are at least two years old. Who knows whether or not some of those states have also made changes?

No footballnut, lame is you beating this dead horse. A trophy is a trophy. It is what it represents that makes a difference. The accomplishment of a state championship is in no way diminished because my trophy is smaller than your trophy. Who the hell is gonna stand back in five years and say " if only we had gotten a bigger trophy, it would have really meant something."

No footballnut, lame is you beating this dead horse. A trophy is a trophy. It is what it represents that makes a difference. The accomplishment of a state championship is in no way diminished because my trophy is smaller than your trophy. Who the hell is gonna stand back in five years and say " if only we had gotten a bigger trophy, it would have really meant something."
Again you probably have not been to other states title games, it is much bigger deal and the kids love it. I dont get the attitude of oh well thats good enough, thats not Nebraska but has become it the last few years and thats sad

Most of those photos are at least two years old. Who knows whether or not some of those states have also made changes?

I tried to post the best photos I could find, but I saw many photos of almost every state, and it appears these trophies are all current as far as I can tell

Reactions: DonlugoQ
It all adds up trust me, each little thing is a big thing
Wrong. If you think kids play for what the trophy looks like, you're crazy. My kids have 3 trophy hoists. Ask them what the trophy looks like. They couldn't tell you. Winning state was the main thing. Maybe we should give all participants a great big trophy so they feel better. If kids are playing for what the hardware looks like, rather than the ultimate goal of winning, they have the wrong goal.

Reactions: Yossarian23
Wrong. If you think kids play for what the trophy looks like, you're crazy. My kids have 3 trophy hoists. Ask them what the trophy looks like. They couldn't tell you. Winning state was the main thing. Maybe we should give all participants a great big trophy so they feel better. If kids are playing for what the hardware looks like, rather than the ultimate goal of winning, they have the wrong goal.
i do not disagree with you on that topic, they play for the title, I am in no way doubting that, I am just saying those who do, put forth and great deal of hard work for 4 years or more and put everthing they have into, and then as a state we return that hard work with an average at best effort by the NSAA to show our appreciation for that hard work with a below average awards, we expect the best from kids and they do that, we just dont expect the same from those whose only job is to support those kids

Nutty your always got your opinions don't you. For those of you who thinks the trophy is smaller and means less well so be it, NSAA is going to cut corners and costs anyway they can, especially this year with lack of funds. I won't be suprised if they pay the officials less then normal to due the playoffs either.

Nutty your always got your opinions don't you. For those of you who thinks the trophy is smaller and means less well so be it, NSAA is going to cut corners and costs anyway they can, especially this year with lack of funds. I won't be suprised if they pay the officials less then normal to due the playoffs either.
Now now sporty spice, NSAA is not short money all operational cost are based off memberships and that has not change, stop bailing them out

EkPc2ljXkAA0JJt
The trophy is pretty good size

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT