ADVERTISEMENT

NSAA unveils new design of state championship trophies

Ohio
IMG_5851.jpg

Awesome work... ours definitely isn’t the worst, but we aren’t even close to the best. It’s a no contest as far as best championship trophy, Hawaii wins running away.

After posting all these ...man, most of these states have pretty generic, similar trophies. I would rank Nebraska's old one in the top 10 for sure. The new one......not so much

Great work there Alum. After seeing them all, I guess ours is really pretty middle of the road. In all reality, the more important thing is what is written on them and what it represents. After a few years they just take up space and collect dust any way. Maybe they need to have a giant generic trophy with changeable nameplate, for the photo op at the end of a great season. And the smaller one that gets sent home with the school. That way we get the keepsake picture of some kid struggling to hold up some 4' tall behemoth, but we don't all have to add on to our trophy cases.

Great work there Alum. After seeing them all, I guess ours is really pretty middle of the road. In all reality, the more important thing is what is written on them and what it represents. After a few years they just take up space and collect dust any way. Maybe they need to have a giant generic trophy with changeable nameplate, for the photo op at the end of a great season. And the smaller one that gets sent home with the school. That way we get the keepsake picture of some kid struggling to hold up some 4' tall behemoth, but we don't all have to add on to our trophy cases.
Nice that we are so happy to be the middle of the road, my question is: most of consider Nebraska Football one of the top 15 states in football, and for our size produce a lot of football players per capita but with that being said, if nebraska is a top 15 state, then is its trophy even close to the other 14 ahead of us Looking at those top 10 trophies, well not even close, Alumni put a few up but not near all,

Last edited:
Nice that we are so happy to be the middle of the road, my question is: most of consider Nebraska Football one of the top 15 states in football, and for our size produce a lot of football players per capita but with that being said, if nebraska is a top 15 state, then is its trophy even close to the other 14 ahead of us Looking at those top 10 trophies, well not even close, Alumni put a few up but not near all,

Never realized the perceived quality of a state championship trophy needed to equate to the level of participation per capita. SMH. Also, these trophies are presented to all state champions, not just football.

I think the change is OK. Not great but not bad either. Whether you realize it or not some people just can't deal with change.

Never realized the perceived quality of a state championship trophy needed to equate to the level of participation per capita. SMH. Also, these trophies are presented to all state champions, not just football.

I think the change is OK. Not great but not bad either. Whether you realize it or not some people just can't deal with change.

Actually it seems a few states do have a different style trophy for football than other sports.....

I just wish the trophies were a little bigger. The trophies that really make me mad are the 3rd and 4th place trophies. They are the same size as the Runner-Up trophies. 3rd and 4th place should be smaller than the Runner-Up.

I just wish the trophies were a little bigger. The trophies that really make me mad are the 3rd and 4th place trophies. They are the same size as the Runner-Up trophies. 3rd and 4th place should be smaller than the Runner-Up.

I notice how a few states, I think New Mexico was one, the runner-up, third, fourth trophies have a different color plate to them. I think championship was blue, runner-up was red, third place was green.

I would like the change if it was better but it is not, just looks like it was cheaper

In Iowa each player and coach gets a Ball, medal and a plaque with team picture and scores on it, and the trophy is very nice. Winning a state title is a big deal its what each player works so hard for and dream of, sad the state doesnt see it that way, but instead view it has how can we save a few bucks

Reactions: runningback43
In Iowa each player and coach gets a Ball, medal and a plaque with team picture and scores on it, and the trophy is very nice. Winning a state title is a big deal its what each player works so hard for and dream of, sad the state doesnt see it that way, but instead view it has how can we save a few bucks

And state qualifying schools receive trophies and/or banners signifying qualifying for state.

Reactions: runningback43
I think there are a couple factors at work. As trophies age, schools are discovering that more 'moving pieces' means more breaks. I'm talking about the statuettes (which Stu says have gone out of production) and the raised lettering.

I think also as many of our schools enter their second century of collecting trophies, size is becoming an issue. I bet that was a factor when they decided to keep the profile of this trophy tighter.

Reactions: DonlugoQ
I think there are a couple factors at work. As trophies age, schools are discovering that more 'moving pieces' means more breaks. I'm talking about the statuettes (which Stu says have gone out of production) and the raised lettering.

I think also as many of our schools enter their second century of collecting trophies, size is becoming an issue. I bet that was a factor when they decided to keep the profile of this trophy tighter.
I wonder how the other 30 states with bigger trophies manage, its a was sad looking trophy compared and it is just become worse When your State doesnt take pride it becomes harder and harder to expect kids to take pride

I wonder how the other 30 states with bigger trophies manage, its a was sad looking trophy compared and it is just become worse When your State doesnt take pride it becomes harder and harder to expect kids to take pride

Cmon guys. It's a trophy. Yes it should look nice but to say its hard to expect a kid to take pride because in your mind it doesn't rank in the top compared to other states. Give me a break. You really think kids give a crap about the trophy look? Think any kid knows what the other states trophies look like. Stop complaining just to complain.

Good point... I know the football player broke on one of ours and we had lettering fall off a runner-up trophy. I do think the redesign was needed, but then redesign, not remove pieces and make it look cheap. My A.D. would also agree on the trophy space issue. A lot of local tournaments and track meets should really start to consider just having a Photo Op trophy and then just give the kids medals. I know a lot of conferences have gone to wall plaques and then you ad 2”x3” name plate for tournaments, one act, conference track, etc.

Reactions: Alum-Ni
Cmon guys. It's a trophy. Yes it should look nice but to say its hard to expect a kid to take pride because in your mind it doesn't rank in the top compared to other states. Give me a break. You really think kids give a crap about the trophy look? Think any kid knows what the other states trophies look like. Stop complaining just to complain.
It all adds up trust me, each little thing is a big thing

Also so what your saying, you expect top effort from your school and team but you are okay with mediocre effort from the NSAA on the trophy and awards

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT