ADVERTISEMENT

Schools moving to 8 man or moving up to 11 man (List)

Yes it would!! Aurora will potentially be in class C-1 this next cycle. I heard that from Dr. T himself.

Jeez, do you read all the posts or just some of them?

We already discussed this and I pointed out that I 100% agree with hailvictors, Sidney vs North Platte St Pats for example would not be good. I never said it would, someone else gave that example as a rebuttal to my argument which at the time they didn't fully understand where I was coming from.

Read my post from 11:28 am and 11:37am yesterday to understand the point im trying to make.

Jeez, do you read all the posts or just some of them?

We already discussed this and I pointed out that I 100% agree with hailvictors, Sidney vs North Platte St Pats for example would not be good. I never said it would, someone else gave that example as a rebuttal to my argument which at the time they didn't fully understand where I was coming from.

Read my post from 11:28 am and 11:37am yesterday to understand the point im trying to make.
Jeez, some of us don't live on here, I react as I read. Many apologies for not understanding "how" this stuff gets done. I will work to get better.

Jeez, some of us don't live on here, I react as I read. Many apologies for not understanding "how" this stuff gets done. I will work to get better.

Ha! No worries! Just don't like having to redefend something I've already done.

Keep posting!

Don't know if already posted, but Bayard will be dropping down to 8-man

Question for the group, hoping for a section of the football manual or something to reference for an answer.

When 11 man enrollments elect to play 8 man that is called a "declaration" rather than "opting down". That would make them ineligible in D1. Can they then use the "opt down" to get into D2? It wouldn't hurt them because they are already ineligible. Honest question, because my understanding is that the NSAA treats declarations and opt downs differently. I hope this is illegal, and would assume it is, but can't find it in the manual.

Last edited:
Question for the group, hoping for a section of the football manual or something to reference for an answer.

When 11 man enrollments elect to play 8 man that is called a "declaration" rather than "opting down". That would make them ineligible in D1. Can they then use the "opt down" to get into D2? It wouldn't hurt them because they are already ineligible. Honest question, because my understanding is that the NSAA treats declarations and opt downs differently. I hope this is illegal, and would assume it is, but can't find it in the manual.
That's a GREAT question. As I've read it, yes, they certainly can. Since the state allows them to "Declare" for 8 man, they are D1. Opting would allow them to drop 1 class. So the C1 could indeed be D2 in football...for "safety reasons" of course...ugh.

That's a GREAT question. As I've read it, yes, they certainly can. Since the state allows them to "Declare" for 8 man, they are D1. Opting would allow them to drop 1 class. So the C1 could indeed be D2 in football...for "safety reasons" of course...ugh.
That is the opposite of what I was hoping to hear. Ughh. Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it.

That is the opposite of what I was hoping to hear. Ughh. Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it.
And, I would add that if a school DIDN'T do that they're crazy. Absolutely no loss of anything to opt down (They are already ineligible) and since everybody is doing it for safety (of course) D2 seems "safer" than D1. I'd fire any administrator that tried to argue the logic.

And, I would add that if a school DIDN'T do that they're crazy. Absolutely no loss of anything to opt down (They are already ineligible) and since everybody is doing it for safety (of course) D2 seems "safer" than D1. I'd fire any administrator that tried to argue the logic.
It will happen. I would be really surprised if it didn't.

Safer ? how about safest, cancel football if your C1 and need to drop to D2 because it is safer PLEASE

I see that Leyton and Banner County are cooping for 8-man. The article says 57 miles between the two! Has to be the longest in the state!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT