ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers

Big Red Thoughts

Sophomore
Oct 25, 2015
Seems like there is a trend in some areas of the state of kids transferring from private schools to public schools, maybe the allure of paying tuition is not as exciting as it used to be and maybe the drama of parent run schools is not for everyone after all!!!

Seems like there is a trend in some areas of the state of kids transferring from private schools to public schools, maybe the allure of paying tuition is not as exciting as it used to be and maybe the drama of parent run schools is not for everyone after all!!!
I’ve heard Norfolk Catholic has some girls transferring out.

Wow, from almost s state title in volleyball to having 3 girls potentially transferring, what is going on there, coaches, parents??? I would think they could make deep run in Bball and Vball

In Bob's article, he mentioned Arapahoe picked up two transfers from Cambridge.

Arapahoe also gained a pair of talented players who transferred from Cambridge, including all-district senior QB Quintin Shaner (6-5, 205) and Caleb Shaner (6-4, 270), who will surely bolster both lines.

That should help the Warriors.

In Bob's article, he mentioned Arapahoe picked up two transfers from Cambridge.

Arapahoe also gained a pair of talented players who transferred from Cambridge, including all-district senior QB Quintin Shaner (6-5, 205) and Caleb Shaner (6-4, 270), who will surely bolster both lines.

That should help the Warriors
Pretty sure he wasn't all district, he only played in 4 games.....but I could be wrong.

GISH just picked up a big one in getting all state caliber player Andy Poss from St.Paul. He will be a big asset to Traudt.

Reactions: ftball95
interesting about NC and losing athletes, they have some of the most talented coaches in Kaz and The bellar girl. ive got to believe some parents think their kids are better then what they actually are and so they made the move to transfer the kids, nothing like saying if you don't get your way we will just go somewhere else. sad situ;ation.

Reactions: Ruttingbuck
I can't speak to the specifics of the private school kids above. I can talk about it in general.

I have several acquaintances/family members/friends that have transitioned their kids away from the private school setting. The thing that I believe is pertinent to this thread is that none of these were decisions based upon athletics in any way.

Money is certainly a factor. Private education is expensive.

Social setting was probably the biggest factor. They wanted their kids to not grow up in a "bubble". They wanted them to experience life as it will be when they are away from the confines of their private school.

One family just grew tired of the "clicky" nature of the school that their kids were enrolled in.

I believe there is much more to it than sports alone.

Reactions: saluno22
I can't speak to the specifics of the private school kids above. I can talk about it in general.

I have several acquaintances/family members/friends that have transitioned their kids away from the private school setting. The thing that I believe is pertinent to this thread is that none of these were decisions based upon athletics in any way.

Money is certainly a factor. Private education is expensive.

Social setting was probably the biggest factor. They wanted their kids to not grow up in a "bubble". They wanted them to experience life as it will be when they are away from the confines of their private school.

One family just grew tired of the "clicky" nature of the school that their kids were enrolled in.

I believe there is much more to it than sports alone.
The two I know of were purely athletic based. Nothing else at all. Probably other examples, just the ones I know of.

Reactions: ClkTwr2011
I think a lot of transfers get to where they are going and find the same thing. That maybe everyone else isn't the problem or that they weren't playing or succeeding for reasons other than what they thought. Toughness and work ethic likely isn't changing with a transfer. I have seen some cases where it worked out better for the kid but mostly it stays the same.

Reactions: ClkTwr2011
the transer portal now has the girl who left NC to go to BC is now going back to NC but will be ineligible for volleyball. very odd situation to say the least, obviously the girls parents and the girl did not listen to advise from the administration at NC.

Reactions: Ruttingbuck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT