ADVERTISEMENT

Football 2022-2023 Football Declarations

Updated list of possible Class C with today's declarations. The order is based on last schedule cycle classification. I put wood river by Lincoln Lutheran because of their stand alone enrollment. We don't know enrollment numbers yet so we don't have a final order or even a confirmed amount of teams with the possible Class B drop downs. At a MAXIMUM it will be 73 total teams and and that means about 36 in each.
#Class C
1Alliance - SOURCE CONFIRMED
2McCook ? rumor low class 172ish ? - SOURCE CONFIRMED
3Omaha Roncalli ? 162ish ?
4York ? 162ish ?
5Aurora ? 152ish ? - SOURCE CONFIRMED
6Schuyler (Opt down)
7Nebraska City (Opt down)
8Platteview
9Sidney
10Ogallala
11Wahoo
12Wayne
13Holdrege
14Cozad
15West Point Beemer
16DC West
17Columbus Lakeview
18Boys Town
19Adams Central
20Auburn
21Ashland-Greenwood
22Chadron
23Fairbury
24Gothenburg
25Omaha Concordia
26Pierce
27Falls City
28Minden
29Broken Bow
30Columbus Scotus
31Arlington
32St. Paul
33Fort Calhoun
34Lincoln Christian
35Boone Central
36LVSS
37Central City
38Raymond Central
39O'Neill
40Milford
41Mitchell
42Kearney Catholic
43Louisville
44Fillmore Central
45Malcolm
46Battle Creek
47North Bend Central
48Gordon Rushville
49Gibbon
50Syracuse
51Bishop Neumann
52Wood River (67ish)
53Lincoln Lutheran
54Ord
55David City
56Norfolk Catholic
57Wilber-Clatonia
58Centura
59Aquinas
60GICC
61Hershey
62Centennial
63Yutan
64Tekamah-Herman
65Ponca
66Hartington CC
67Oakland-Craig
68Bergan
69Chase County
70Doniphan Trumbull
71Hastings St. Cecilia
72Amherst
73West Holt
74Tri County

Last edited:
Reactions: northeastNebraska
Updated list of possible Class C with today's declarations. The order is based on last schedule cycle classification. I put wood river by Lincoln Lutheran because of their stand alone enrollment. We don't know enrollment numbers yet so we don't have a final order or even a confirmed amount of teams with the possible Class B drop downs. At a MAXIMUM it will be 73 total teams and and that means about 36 in each.

#Class C
1Omaha Gross ? rumor - unlikeyl - 181ish ?
2McCook ? rumor low class 172ish ?
3Omaha Roncalli ? 162ish ?
4York ? 162ish ?
5Aurora ? 152ish ?
6Schuyler (Opt down)
7Nebraska City (Opt down)
8Platteview
9Sidney
10Ogallala
11Wahoo
12Holdrege
13Cozad
14West Point Beemer
15DC West
16Columbus Lakeview
17Boys Town
18Adams Central
19Auburn
20Ashland-Greenwood
21Chadron
22Fairbury
23Gothenburg
24Omaha Concordia
25Pierce
26Falls City
27Minden
28Broken Bow
29Columbus Scotus
30Arlington
31St. Paul
32Fort Calhoun
33Lincoln Christian
34Boone Central
35LVSS
36Central City
37Raymond Central
38O'Neill
39Milford
40Mitchell
41Kearney Catholic
42Louisville
43Fillmore Central
44Malcolm
45Battle Creek
46North Bend Central
47Gordon Rushville
48Gibbon
49Syracuse
50Bishop Neumann
51Wood River (67ish)
52Lincoln Lutheran
53Ord
54David City
55Norfolk Catholic
56Wilber-Clatonia
57Centura
58Aquinas
59GICC
60Hershey
61Centennial
62Yutan
63Tekamah-Herman
64Ponca
65Hartington CC
66Oakland-Craig
67Bergan
68Chase County
69Doniphan Trumbull
70Hastings St. Cecilia
71Amherst
72West Holt
73Tri County
Confirmed that Alliance and McCook are moving down to C. Gross is opting up to B. Don't know on Aurora, York, or Roncalli. I had a total of 74 teams in class C Maximum.

Confirmed that Alliance and McCook are moving down to C. Gross is opting up to B. Don't know on Aurora, York, or Roncalli. I had a total of 74 teams in class C Maximum.
Alliance needs to be C1 for the foreseeable future IMO.

McCook is such an outlier. Their location is awful no matter their class. It seems like they will be C1 for this cycle but we will see how long that lasts. But I bet they will like playing Cozad, OG, GBerg, Holdrege, and Minden.

Roncalli will be C1. York and Aurora will be close, but seems to be quite a bit of smoke Aurora will be C1 too.

Last edited:
Wayne is missing from that list.....I'd assume they'd be towards the top

So class b west district is gonna be scottsbluff, Gering, Lex, and……….Gi NW, maybe Hastings? That sucks for whoever gets thrown in with them. Road warriors. They should start playing Saturday mornings in north platte 🤪

I updated the list above with the corrections. I added Wayne (I skipped over them) and Alliance. Then I took off Omaha Gross with the idea of them opting up. So looks like a likely 74 for a maximum, and still a possible 37 team split.

Omaha's two new high schools, Buena Vista and Westview, will join the Metro Conference when they open next fall and will be in Class A in all sports but football.

The two schools, which will open with only freshmen and sophomores next year, are asking for Class B football schedules from the NSAA.

Their addition will expand the Metro Conference to 20 boys and 20 girls schools, the highest membership since 1981 when the league had 21 boys and 21 girls members.

Omaha Gross will stay in Class B, but Omaha Roncalli will be in C1 next year. Both schools saw their enrollments drop below the cutoff of 160 boys to be in Class B, but Gross decided to opt-up.

Amherst and Atkinson West Holt are going from 8-man to 11-man.

Bridgeport, Crofton, North Platte St. Patrick's, Superior, Sutton and Twin River are moving from 11-man to 8-man.

McCool Junction and Silver Lake are moving from 6-man to 8-man.

Brady and Garden County are moving from 8-man to 6-man.

Two co-ops have been dissolved: Bancroft-Rosalie and Lyons-Decatur Northeast will each compete as 8-man teams. Wood River will stay in 11-man and their former partner Shelton will play 6-man.

There are two new football co-ops, both will play 8-man: Tri County Northeast (Allen and Emerson-Hubbard) and Riverside/Spalding Academy.

There will be 131 11-man teams, 115 8-man teams and 34 in 6-man.

Reactions: saluno22
Alliance needs to be C1 for the foreseeable future IMO.

McCook is such an outlier. Their location is awful no matter their class. It seems like they will be C1 for this cycle but we will see how long that lasts. But I bet they will like playing Cozad, OG, GBerg, Holdrege, and Minden.

Roncalli will be C1. York and Aurora will be close, but seems to be quite a bit of smoke Aurora will be C1 too.
McCook is a only a 1 cycle drop. avg enrollment 12th-3rd grade is 127. what is pushing them down is low boy #'s in soph class. 77 girls 50 boys, and low #'s boy #'s in frosh class 35 boys 65 girls. all classes for the foreseeable future have over 70 boys. Will not be in C1 in nay other sport.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT