ADVERTISEMENT

Football 8 man semis

sportsjunkie2030

Freshman
Nov 6, 2017
D1
#5 East Butler vs. #2 Howells-Dodge. East Butler is red hot right about now, and it's tough to beat a team twice in one season, let alone the playoffs, and with a trip to Memorial Stadium on the line. East Butler 44 Howells-Dodge 38

#3 South Loup vs. #4 Medicine Valley. South Loup completely annihilated CWCE last Tuesday and sent a message to the rest of D1. Med. Valley's run has been fun but I think it ends here. South Loup 60 Medicine Valley 38

D2
#1 Mullen vs. #2 Blue Hill. Blue Hill coming off an impressive win over the defending state runner-ups, but I think Mullen has too many athletes. Mullen 46 Blue Hill 28

#2 BDS vs. #4 Falls City Sacred Heart. FCSH needed some last second heroics to get to the semifinals, while BDS fought off a pesky Wynot team. FCSH is going to need to play much better than it did last week if they want to compete in this game. BDS 24 FCSH 6

In D2 I think Blue Hill will be tough to beat. They have more weapons than Mullen. Blue Hill is better than people think. Blue Hill 42 Mullen 20. I agree with your BDS pick but Sacred Heart always seems to pull things out at the end. BDS 34 Sacred Heart 26

What do people know about the South Loup/Medicine Valley matchup? From what I have watched, Medicine Valley has done well defending against the pass (Perkins County's passing game that won them the West Holt game was neutralized for much of the game), but how does that compare to what South Loup does.

Reactions: Buff-alo
What do people know about the South Loup/Medicine Valley matchup? From what I have watched, Medicine Valley has done well defending against the pass (Perkins County's passing game that won them the West Holt game was neutralized for much of the game), but how does that compare to what South Loup does.
If you're looking for a primer, the McCook newspaper has a nice preview. http://www.mccookgazette.com/story/2460335.html

I've seen both and I think Med Valley will make it closer than most think. They've got one of the best playmakers in 8-man and they play solid team defense. Rush has put up huge numbers for South Loup running a lot of read options and RPOs. Both players are worth the price of admission. I think the Bobcats win but it'll be close.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT