ADVERTISEMENT

A Guess at B-C1-C2 Classifications

hailvictors2

All-District
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2009
Class B guess. Probably 5 districts of 5 teams. It will be interesting to see which team the NSAA takes west to go with Scottsbluff, Gering, McCook, and Lexington. It will either be Hastings or Northwest (Grand Island). That leaves the other with York, Seward, Crete, Beatrice, Lincoln Northwest, Lincoln Standing Bear, Norris, Pius, and Waverly to make two more districts of 5. Then I assume Bennington, Blair, Elkhorn, Elkhorn North, and Skutt in a district. Gretna, Gretna East, Ralston, Platteview, and Plattsmouth in a district.
Ralston411
Elkhorn North399
Gretna East394
Lincoln Northwest393
Lincoln Pius X392
Scottsbluff392
Bennington391
Hastings387
Lexington382
Gretna344
Elkhorn304
Norris298
Waverly280
Blair275
Crete269
Beatrice259
Omaha Skutt Catholic253
Northwest (Grand Island)221
Gering197
Seward188
Plattsmouth183
York179
McCook178
Lincoln Standing Bear172
Platteview164

Class C-1 guess. 35 teams + the 4 ineligible schools (Schuyler, Alliance, Mt Michael, Nebraska City) Tiebreaker with Arlington, O'Neill, and Wilber-Clatonia....two of the three in C1, the third in C2. I think Wilber is the lowest of the 3 on tiebreaker. I assume they stay with 7 districts. That would be 4 districts of 6 teams and 3 districts of 5 teams.

Schuyler259
Alliance165
Mount Michael Benedictine162
Nebraska City162
Omaha Gross Catholic154
Aurora143
Douglas County West140
Wahoo135
Wayne135
Omaha Brownell Talbot / Cornerstone Christ. / Quest Aca.134 (58+49+27)
Omaha Roncalli Catholic134
Holdrege130
Columbus Lakeview125
Sidney123
Ashland-Greenwood117
Adams Central110
Fairbury109
Cozad107
Omaha Concordia106
Fort Calhoun103
Boys Town100
Auburn97
Central City97
Lincoln Christian96
Syracuse94
Chase County93
Broken Bow92
Chadron92
Milford92
Ogallala92
Scotus Central Catholic (Columbus)92
Logan View / Scribner-Snyder91 (69+22)
Falls City89
Pierce88
Gothenburg92 (87+5)
Louisville87
Minden87
Arlington86
ONeill86

C2 with 35 teams. I assume they stay with 7 districts. That would be 5 teams in each. Still waiting on Superior to declare 8-man or 11-man. If they go 11-man it would bring them into C2 and we would have 1 6 team district there. They were 8-man last cycle, but 11-man the cycle before that and their current enrollment number is 54, which is 11-man. I think they would have the waiver open because their mid-cycle number last year was 47, so they would be in the waiver period if I understand that correctly. Anyone with a better understanding of how that works please feel free to chime in.

Wilber-Clatonia86
Conestoga84
St. Paul84
Kearney Catholic82
Raymond Central81
West Point-Beemer81
Battle Creek79
Palmyra79
Bishop Neumann76
Boone Central72
Lincoln Lutheran71
Mitchell70
Malcolm69
Doniphan-Trumbull68
Gibbon68
Ord67
Centura66
North Bend Central64
Fillmore Central62
Tekamah-Herman62
Valentine62
Grand Island Central Catholic60
Wood River60
Hershey59
Ponca57
Amherst55
Cedar Catholic (Hartington)54
Norfolk Catholic54
Gordon-Rushville51
Cross County50
Yutan49
Oakland-Craig48
Aquinas Catholic46
Archbishop Bergan45
Hastings St. Cecilia38

Last edited:
Omaha Gross opted up to B last cycle. They don't have a declaration in yet on the NSAA page. Any idea if they would opt up again?

Okay, complete shot in the dark based off the map.. Tough to decide around metro? Suggested changes?

District 1:
Chadron, Alliance, Sidney, Ogallala, Chase County (5)

District 2:
Broken Bow, Gothenburg, Cozad, Holdrege, Minden (5)

District 3:
O'Neill, Wayne, Pierce, Columbus Lakeview, Logan View/Scribner Snyder (5)

District 4:
Adam Central, Aurora, Central City, Scotus, Schuyler, Milford (6)

District 5:
Fairbury, Falls City, Auburn, Neb City, Syracuse, Lincoln Christian (6)

District 6:
Louisville, Ashland Greenwood, Wahoo, Omaha Gross, Boys Town, OBT/Corner/Quest (6)

District 7:
Roncalli, Mt Michael, Omaha Concordia, DC West, Arlington, Ft Calhoun (6)

Last edited:
Okay, complete shot in the dark based off the map.. Tough to decide around metro? Suggested changes?

District 1:

District 2:

District 3:

District 4:

District 5:

District 6:
Louisville, Ashland Greenwood, Wahoo, Omaha Gross, Boys Town, OBT/Corner/Quest (6)

District 7:
Working on this as well. Very close to what I have so far.

Reactions: JAW20

District 1:

District 2:

District 3:

District 4:

District 5:

District 6:

District 7:
Would be pretty surprised if Scotus and Lakeview were not in the same district. I know that has happened in XC but most of the time they are always together.

District 1:

District 2:

District 3:

District 4:

District 5:

District 6:

District 7:
Here's My Guess:
District 1(5 teams same as yours):
Chadron, Alliance, Sydney, Ogallala, Chase County

District 2(5 teams same as yours):
Gothenburg, Broken Bow, Cozad, Holdrege, Minden

District 3:
Central City, Aurora, Fairbury, Adams Central, Lincoln Christian, Mildford(6 Teams)

District 4:
O'Neill, Pierce, Wayne, Scotus, Lakeview, Schuyler(6 teams)

District 5:
Ashland Greenwood, Louisville, Syracuse, Neb City, Auburn, Falls City(6 Teams)

District 6:
LVSS, Arlington, DC West, Wahoo, Ft. Calhoun, Mount Michael Benedictine(6 Teams)

District 7:
Omaha Gross, Omaha Concordia, Brownell Talbot, Roncalli, Boystown(5 Teams)

I do not think Scotus and Lakeview will be split up by district.
For District 6 and 7, I think Mt. Michael or Ft. Calhoun could swing to District 7, but I have no idea about the metro it's a hot mess, then you add in Mt. Michael and Gross this go round.
Minden-Adams Central is interesting. Different districts, but could play non-district. I don't know what NSAA does to decide this.
Lincoln Christian could bump east, Ashland bump North, Columbus schools bump south, I mean who knows?

What I have found in districts in the past is that proximity between 2 specific schools is irrelevant. What is relevant is proximity from the furthest east school in a district to the next furthest school east.
EX: Lexington is the 4th school from the west in class B. They need a 5th. It will either be Northwest or Hastings...but not both. Hastings and Northwest are 30 minutes from each other. They won't be in the same district. Those distances get tighter the further east you go. Standing Bear and Lin Northwest might end up in different districts.

Reactions: MT_Headed
What I have found in districts in the past is that proximity between 2 specific schools is irrelevant. What is relevant is proximity from the furthest east school in a district to the next furthest school east.
EX: Lexington is the 4th school from the west in class B. They need a 5th. It will either be Northwest or Hastings...but not both. Hastings and Northwest are 30 minutes from each other. They won't be in the same district. Those distances get tighter the further east you go. Standing Bear and Lin Northwest might end up in different districts.
This was the premise I operated under, but my geography might be a little suspect.

Reactions: hailvictors2
It looks like Gross did not opt up to class B according to the declarations page so they will play C1 football.

Class B guess. Probably 5 districts of 5 teams. It will be interesting to see which team the NSAA takes west to go with Scottsbluff, Gering, McCook, and Lexington. It will either be Hastings or Northwest (Grand Island). That leaves the other with York, Seward, Crete, Beatrice, Lincoln Northwest, Lincoln Standing Bear, Norris, Pius, and Waverly to make two more districts of 5. Then I assume Bennington, Blair, Elkhorn, Elkhorn North, and Skutt in a district. Gretna, Gretna East, Ralston, Platteview, and Plattsmouth in a district.
Ralston411
Elkhorn North399
Gretna East394
Lincoln Northwest393
Lincoln Pius X392
Scottsbluff392
Bennington391
Hastings387
Lexington382
Gretna344
Elkhorn304
Norris298
Waverly280
Blair275
Crete269
Beatrice259
Omaha Skutt Catholic253
Northwest (Grand Island)221
Gering197
Seward188
Plattsmouth183
York179
McCook178
Lincoln Standing Bear172
Platteview164

Class C-1 guess. 35 teams + the 4 ineligible schools (Schuyler, Alliance, Mt Michael, Nebraska City) Tiebreaker with Arlington, O'Neill, and Wilber-Clatonia....two of the three in C1, the third in C2. I think Wilber is the lowest of the 3 on tiebreaker. I assume they stay with 7 districts. That would be 4 districts of 6 teams and 3 districts of 5 teams.

Schuyler259
Alliance165
Mount Michael Benedictine162
Nebraska City162
Omaha Gross Catholic154
Aurora143
Douglas County West140
Wahoo135
Wayne135
Omaha Brownell Talbot / Cornerstone Christ. / Quest Aca.134 (58+49+27)
Omaha Roncalli Catholic134
Holdrege130
Columbus Lakeview125
Sidney123
Ashland-Greenwood117
Adams Central110
Fairbury109
Cozad107
Omaha Concordia106
Fort Calhoun103
Boys Town100
Auburn97
Central City97
Lincoln Christian96
Syracuse94
Chase County93
Broken Bow92
Chadron92
Milford92
Ogallala92
Scotus Central Catholic (Columbus)92
Logan View / Scribner-Snyder91 (69+22)
Falls City89
Pierce88
Gothenburg92 (87+5)
Louisville87
Minden87
Arlington86
ONeill86

C2 with 35 teams. I assume they stay with 7 districts. That would be 5 teams in each. Still waiting on Superior to declare 8-man or 11-man. If they go 11-man it would bring them into C2 and we would have 1 6 team district there. They were 8-man last cycle, but 11-man the cycle before that and their current enrollment number is 54, which is 11-man. I think they would have the waiver open because their mid-cycle number last year was 47, so they would be in the waiver period if I understand that correctly. Anyone with a better understanding of how that works please feel free to chime in.

Wilber-Clatonia86
Conestoga84
St. Paul84
Kearney Catholic82
Raymond Central81
West Point-Beemer81
Battle Creek79
Palmyra79
Bishop Neumann76
Boone Central72
Lincoln Lutheran71
Mitchell70
Malcolm69
Doniphan-Trumbull68
Gibbon68
Ord67
Centura66
North Bend Central64
Fillmore Central62
Tekamah-Herman62
Valentine62
Grand Island Central Catholic60
Wood River60
Hershey59
Ponca57
Amherst55
Cedar Catholic (Hartington)54
Norfolk Catholic54
Gordon-Rushville51
Cross County50
Yutan49
Oakland-Craig48
Aquinas Catholic46
Archbishop Bergan45
Hastings St. Cecilia38
Two adjustments to this... Superior is 11 man and will be C2. That would have made it 35 eligible C1 teams and 36 eligible C2 teams. Saw today that Omaha Brownell-Talbot is opting down to C2. Seems harmless, but that is a huge deal because it will pull Wilber-Clatonia up to C1. With OBT in C1 as an eligible team we have a 35-36 split between C1-C2. If they opt to C2 they become ineligible, but that also takes C1 to 34 teams. It is no longer an odd number of eligible teams, so they get split evenly. That pulls Wilber-Clatonia up.

Am I off on anything here?

Reactions: MT_Headed
Two adjustments to this... Superior is 11 man and will be C2. That would have made it 35 eligible C1 teams and 36 eligible C2 teams. Saw today that Omaha Brownell-Talbot is opting down to C2. Seems harmless, but that is a huge deal because it will pull Wilber-Clatonia up to C1. With OBT in C1 as an eligible team we have a 35-36 split between C1-C2. If they opt to C2 they become ineligible, but that also takes C1 to 34 teams. It is no longer an odd number of eligible teams, so they get split evenly. That pulls Wilber-Clatonia up.

Maybe I’m off or forgot but I have it split even at 35/35 with Arlington (86) being the bottom of C1 and St Paul (84) being the top of C2 with the playoff eligible teams. Then you add 4 ineligible for C1 and 1 ineligible for ,2 with it being 39 & 36 teams

No that really shifts C1, thanks for the info.

no one see the issue with a team dropping down a class because they do not want to compete in the class their enrollment puts them and this action pushes a team up a class whos enrollment without that action would have put them in the top of the lower class but now the bottom of the upper class ??????????? So the ineligible teams action will now negatively effect a team ?? Is that correct ??

no one see the issue with a team dropping down a class because they do not want to compete in the class their enrollment puts them and this action pushes a team up a class whos enrollment without that action would have put them in the top of the lower class but now the bottom of the upper class ??????????? So the ineligible teams action will now negatively effect a team ?? Is that correct ??
They treat it just like 8-man. All ineligible teams are taken out of the equation and the remaining teams get split in half. If their is an odd number than the odd school gets pushed down. In this case would be to C2. Then the ineligible teams are added to the class. I 'm pretty sure this is how they do it. So the case people are talking about Brownel-Talbot is taken out to decide the cutoff line then added in later to the class they want in.

Reactions: Football4281
They treat it just like 8-man. All ineligible teams are taken out of the equation and the remaining teams get split in half. If their is an odd number than the odd school gets pushed down. In this case would be to C2. Then the ineligible teams are added to the class. I 'm pretty sure this is how they do it. So the case people are talking about Brownel-Talbot is taken out to decide the cutoff line then added in later to the class they want in.
But because they choose not to play in the class they are suspose to be in, it does have an effect on other schools Correct ?

But because they choose not to play in the class they are suspose to be in, it does have an effect on other schools Correct ?
Possibly? Depends I don't know enough to tell you yes or no. I don't know what school have opted up or down. All I know is they take the remaining 11 man schools that are eligible for C1/C2 and split them in half. If their is an odd number they usually push that down to, in this case C2. Then they add the ineligible teams to the class they want to opt in. Could be wrong, I'm basing things off of how they do it for 8-man. Could be a tad different since you also have A 7 B as well. Based on what I've seen above, looks like that cut line is around that 86/87 mark. Ineligible teams for me is another topic that's very touchy. I get it, people don't like when teams with high numbers come down to a class. What I can say about that is though, we don't always know the situation for every school. Do they have a lot of boys out for XC? How many boys are out for football? Too many factors to take into consideration. When a school has 73 boys as their count but only 25 go out. Tough to ask them to play 11 man against schools with a 2x the number of guys out. I know this might start a riot with some and I'm not here for that. I do get the grumbles with the opting down. I do believe the state needs to take a close look at it and try to make it better overall for schools across the state. Not truly what that is though.

Possibly? Depends I don't know enough to tell you yes or no. I don't know what school have opted up or down. All I know is they take the remaining 11 man schools that are eligible for C1/C2 and split them in half. If their is an odd number they usually push that down to, in this case C2. Then they add the ineligible teams to the class they want to opt in. Could be wrong, I'm basing things off of how they do it for 8-man. Could be a tad different since you also have A 7 B as well. Based on what I've seen above, looks like that cut line is around that 86/87 mark. Ineligible teams for me is another topic that's very touchy. I get it, people don't like when teams with high numbers come down to a class. What I can say about that is though, we don't always know the situation for every school. Do they have a lot of boys out for XC? How many boys are out for football? Too many factors to take into consideration. When a school has 73 boys as their count but only 25 go out. Tough to ask them to play 11 man against schools with a 2x the number of guys out. I know this might start a riot with some and I'm not here for that. I do get the grumbles with the opting down. I do believe the state needs to take a close look at it and try to make it better overall for schools across the state. Not truly what that is though.
I think opting down just prolongs what needs to be done, either coop with someone, consolidate or start playing a sport other than football that suits your districts enrollment

I think opting down just prolongs what needs to be done, either coop with someone, consolidate or start playing a sport other than football that suits your districts enrollment
I understand that view, but some of things aren't as easy as a snap of your fingers and say lets coop. Takes time and careful planning to make sure things are done correctly to help benefit the student athletes. In the long run that's what it's about. Tough to tell kids that do want to play football, go play another sport because you high school mates don't want to play and we have high numbers. Again, maybe a lot of kids are out just not playing football. Each school and case is different. They are not all the same. I will say again I understand the frustration of teams opting down but also understand they may be in a tough spot as well

I understand that view, but some of things aren't as easy as a snap of your fingers and say lets coop. Takes time and careful planning to make sure things are done correctly to help benefit the student athletes. In the long run that's what it's about. Tough to tell kids that do want to play football, go play another sport because you high school mates don't want to play and we have high numbers. Again, maybe a lot of kids are out just not playing football. Each school and case is different. They are not all the same. I will say again I understand the frustration of teams opting down but also understand they may be in a tough spot as well
This is why we have open enrollment and they have know of this situation for some time and the problems of one should not in any way negatively impact another school.

This is why we have open enrollment and they have know of this situation for some time and the problems of one should not in any way negatively impact another school.
What is the plan when you have a situation like Osmond and Cedar Bluffs this year that cancelled their varsity season right before it started? Should those students be allowed to transfer schools and be eligible immediately or join another schools team even though they don't go there? This are things that need to be adjusted for.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
What is the plan when you have a situation like Osmond and Cedar Bluffs this year that cancelled their varsity season right before it started? Should those students be allowed to transfer schools and be eligible immediately or join another schools team even though they don't go there? This are things that need to be adjusted for.
agree with that but you also need some reality checks, these schools and especially the Parents and Football players have to look at the risks, You can not tell me they had lots of numbers in JH and lots of numbers the year before and all of a sudden it just happened.

agree with that but you also need some reality checks, these schools and especially the Parents and Football players have to look at the risks, You can not tell me they had lots of numbers in JH and lots of numbers the year before and all of a sudden it just happened.
Osmond had been in a coop for Jr. High football with Wausa and the last 2 years in a coop with Randolph for Jr. High football.

No. They simply don't play football. If you want Home Ec classes, don't go to a school without FCS. Same for Ag, Orchestra, Drivers Ed, you name it. Playing a high school sport is not some sort of birthright.

Wait & see if EPIC option passes. If there's no propery tax $ going to local schools & it's all going to Lincoln, there will be lots of consolidations. I sense there's a lot of "anti big government" people who will vote for it, even though they're voting for getting rid of local control.

No. They simply don't play football. If you want Home Ec classes, don't go to a school without FCS. Same for Ag, Orchestra, Drivers Ed, you name it. Playing a high school sport is not some sort of birthright.
They should be able to transfer without sitting out in my opinion. If their educational opportunities get taken away from them in August when parents thought they would be there in May.

Reactions: elbens01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT