ADVERTISEMENT

Any info on jacob morrill college plans

He had a few offers but last I heard he wasn't set on going anywhere. Creighton had two guys (Seth Wilmes being the other) getting D2 offers from several places, but neither had plans to pursue any of those. A few other Bulldogs had gotten some GPAC offers too. My info is a few weeks old though so things could have changed.

Thanks for info, have had a chance to watch him few times and liked the pure rb talent i seen. Alot of rb's that you see on the top rusher list are the backs that have 5-6 great games against lower talent teams but he ran hard against some top D's. Seen one team really slow him down and that was E-M. Another thing people didn't see is alot of his yards were going up the gut with great success. Wish him the best of luck as he a great student/athlete.

You certainly cannot get any more consistency than Morrill gave Creighton. Always, always going to give you a 100 yards, and many of them rough, tough yards grinded up the gut. That young man was a kick to watch and his statistics bear that out.

Just followed up and he will not be playing anywhere. He did have a few injuries, so that may factor into it too. He also is a pretty bright kid, so no doubt he wanted to focus a little on school. The thing that struck me about him is that he doesn't fit into any specific category you usually put great running backs into. He wasn't incredibly quick although he has pretty good speed, wasn't a shifty guy, wasn't going to just pound over everyone. Although he could do a little of all of that, he was above all just a great football player. And it didn't hurt that he had five good/great lineman and an outstanding fullback...

Agree that he had alot of talent around him and the team mesh creighton has is unreal. Unselfish play makers make a team great. I went to watch him play and got hooked on creighton football. With him gone i still want to see them play this year. Who are some runningbacks to watch this year?

Eight man backs that i have seen or want to see.
JJ oltmer HSF powerful back and should be a beast amongst boys this fall, hope they have decent line for him
sonderup kid from fullerton- very quality back and he was sophmore when i watched
reed liska creighton- fun back to watch and with morrill gone he should be the main rushing threat
is the loberg kid from randolph sr next year? Wanted to watch him if he still there never, seen him
tanner hass of GACC will be jr this coming year-going to be a huge threat with an always good team
bruce Schuenburg from Scribner Snyder-never seen
beckman from bloomfield-never seen
these are my, to watch backs in 8 man
not wanting to jinx one but there is one that has blazing speed and will be a treat to watch. Have two of his games on my schedule to go to

bdt I would check out Stuart's Alex Kunz. He's actually a quarterback, but he ends up being like a running back half the time anyway. They run a pretty wide open offense that is fun to watch anyway. Another guy up in that neck of the woods is Zach Novak of St. Mary's. They didn't have a very good team this year but that kid is a wrecking ball. Pretty impressive as a junior. Beckmann from Bloomfield is pretty tough. Worth the price of admission, and you are right about Hass. He had a good game against Creighton in the playoffs. Loberg will be a senior next year, so you can still see him. I saw him as a sophomore when the Cards got whupped on by the eventual state champions at the beginning of the year. It wasn't for lack of effort on his part so I know that isn't a fair gauge. I have heard some great things about him since though and I've seen him wrestle. Good athlete. Also in Northeast NE another kid that is fun to watch is Steven LaPointe from Niobrara/Verdigre. Cougars are not a powerhouse but that kid is fast and has some electric moves, and has gotten a lot stronger to balance out his game. They might end up sticking him at QB this year though. Might be one of the shiftiest guys I saw last year. Those are a few guys that are a little less known and may not be superstars but are fun to watch

I had a chance to watch my first game of the yer lastnight and decided to watch the bancroft-rosalie vs randolph game so dylan loberg is off my want to watchlist and now on my have to watch list for anyone that hasn't made it to watch a game of randolph. I highly recommend it. Very impressive player.

I've had a chance to see Novak of St Mary's, Beckmann of Bloomfield, and Oltner of St Francis. I'd put Oltner ahead of the other two, great combination of both physical and fast and very much a joy to watch. Funny thing about Bloomfield is that I think Quinn O'Brian the QB is a better overall player an should make everyone's players to watch list for 8 Man. Not to take away from Beckmann though who was still enjoyable.

Ive seen Oltmer, Loberg, beckman play. but no novak. I would say Loberg was the best but not by much over Oltmer. If they were all on the same team I would put beckman as a slot back and motion him across to give him the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT