ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Basketball Coaching Openings

History says you are 100% correct…
They have some talent, but no “program” and never have had one.
Having watched Thayer Central as an outsider I think there is a) a cultural issue in the school which is probably why they have had so many openings this year and b) I watched them once in person and wow, they have multiple parents who “coach” from the stands.

Having watched Thayer Central as an outsider I think there is a) a cultural issue in the school which is probably why they have had so many openings this year and b) I watched them once in person and wow, they have multiple parents who “coach” from the stands.
You could include 90% of the schools in this state that have a parent/Coach problem in the stands problem in this state and every state . Goes with the territory anymore , but yes some places are worse then others

Reactions: Ruttingbuck
I agree with the Culture comment... This next year they will have a New Superintendent, New HS Principal, New AD, and multiple New Coaches, FB, BBB, Track, etc... Maybe this is the change that is needed.

I agree with the Culture comment... This next year they will have a New Superintendent, New HS Principal, New AD, and multiple New Coaches, FB, BBB, Track, etc... Maybe this is the change that is needed.
Has there been any talk of Deshler merging with Thayer Central?

Not sure if posted yet...But Coach Woodard is leaving Bell West, riding off into the sunset. I believe that they have an asst coach on staff ready to take over for him.

Also Gretna East (new high school next year) has been filled by Cooper Anthony, a Gretna HS asst coach.

Last edited:
Updated list from what I know. I'm sure a handful of these are filled, so please add your input if you know of any openings that are filled or other openings that aren't listed below.

Boys
- Arlington - filled (Jake Polk)
- St. Paul - filled (Chip Bahe)
- Nebraska City - filled (Tom Alschwede)
- Plattsmouth - filled (Connor Dukes)
- Loomis - filled (Dave Squiers)
- Gering - filled (Trey Winkler)
- Weeping Water - filled (Mark Hrabik)
- Boone Central - filled (Corey Thome)
- Wilber Clatonia - filled (Dan Conway)
- Gretna East - filled (Cooper Anthony)
-
Bellevue West - filled (Steve Klein)
- Lources CC - filled (Parker Trumble)
- Columbus High - filled (Nathan Silva)
- Lexington - filled (Tyler Slechta)
- Stanton
- Wauneta-Palisade
- GI Northwest
- Centura
- West Point-Beemer
- Parkview Christian
- Louisville
- Thayer Central
- Plainview
- North Platte
- Maxwell
- Southern Valley
- Hartington Cedar Catholic
- Palmer

Girls
- Arlington - filled (Tashia Wolf)
- Centennial - filled (Eric Kloke)
- Scottsbluff - filled (Hattie Burford)
- Gretna East - filled (Wade Coulter)
- Elkhorn South - filled (Jake Nannen)
- Dundy County Stratton - filled (Matt Schaub)
- Chadron - filled (Kelsey Scott)
- Gering
- Lincoln Northwest
- Superior
- Gothenburg
- Wilber-Clatonia
- Franklin
- Pierce
- Summerland
- Scottsbluff
- Columbus Lakeview
- Shelby Rising-City
- David City Aquinas
- Lutheran High Northeast
- Fremont

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Matt Schaub will be the girls basketball coach at Dundy County Stratton.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT