ADVERTISEMENT

Boone Central-Newman Grove consolidation?

northeastNebraska

All-State
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2008
Highway 30
Does anyone know are these two schools going to consolidate soon? Or what is some of the talk? Do they like keeping the co-op for now?

I don't think a consolidation will occur. NG currently has small high school classes, but their pre-K/elementary numbers are pretty strong. If anything, I could see them going back on their own in the next 5-10 years. I do know though that NG likes with the co-op.

The other part to this is the recent bond issue BC's been trying to pass. They have tried to update their facilities and add improvements for a few years now, but my understanding is they are looking at this from a BC viewpoint...not BCNG.

Interesting, thank you for that link. Good to hear NG is growing, glad they like the co-op as well.

I could see them passing the bond issue, that would really help Boone, I hope it happens.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with St.Edward and Cedar Rapids. I know Cedar Rapids is co-oping with Spalding Public, but maybe we see a Boone County High School down the road.

Didn't Cedar Rapids consolidate with Spalding? But yeah, I do wonder about St. Ed. Everyone around them has found someone to co-op or consolidate with.

St eds numbers in their k-6 is strong, they have discussed going to boone central, but most people would prefer twin river, only problem is twin river wont take them as it would bump them up a class. Boone central would take them as of now, and they would stay in class C1

Cedar Rapids did consolidate with Spalding public to become Riverside. This is a consolidation not a coop. St. Ed interestingly enough did coop wrestling with Boone Central/NG. It is strictly my opinion and my opinion only on this scenario so don't hold it to the golden rule. I think next football cycle everyone will stay the same with the exception that possibly Spalding Academy who may opt to coop with either Riverside or Central Valley. I also think there is a chance that Central Valley (the Greeley-Wolbach/North Loup-Scotia considation) will go to 6 man next cycle. Ultimately who and if anyone goes 6 or 8 man I think depends on who and if Academy coops. However I do think for the football cycle after that (assuming things stay the same)I think some questions will be asked up in that neck of the woods depending who if anyone Academy goes with. Granted that is 3 years away but that is my opinion.

The consolidations made for interesting dynamics up that neck of the woods and what happens in the end remains to be seen. So many potential options and so many variants it is way too soon to tell. Is it possible that Boone Central could become another Cherry County in that they are the high school for the region? That is anyones guess. Ultimately it depends on student enrollments as well as what happens with Academy and any potential coop they form in the future. Its not as simple as it seems right now for anyone in the area. Seems to be a wait and see game for everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT