ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball BREAKING: NSAA approves Four Day State Basketball Tournament Format

This is going to be great moving forward. Better for the fans, coaches, and players. There is no reason to be playing a state tournament game at Lincoln Northeast, Lincoln High, etc. It's the state tournament. It should be at major arenas for all classes. I have said this for years, when it comes to teams in classes C2, D1 and D2, it's not a reward to go 24-1 and play a state tournament game at Lincoln East.

This is going to be great moving forward. Better for the fans, coaches, and players. There is no reason to be playing a state tournament game at Lincoln Northeast, Lincoln High, etc. It's the state tournament. It should be at major arenas for all classes. I have said this for years, when it comes to teams in classes C2, D1 and D2, it's not a reward to go 24-1 and play a state tournament game at Lincoln East.

I did like how they admitted cost played a big factor in why this wasn't always done before. Pre PBA this model could have been done with Devaney/Pershing as well.

Bellar even said it wasn't fair to tell fans that paid for a session ticket they had to leave a HS gym to make room for the next game. This is a win for all.

"Moved to begin in 2023, the NSAA Girls and Boys State Basketball Championships will each move to a four-day (4) championship event, with all classes rotating annually"

All classes rotating? Class A rotating to Devaney?

"Moved to begin in 2023, the NSAA Girls and Boys State Basketball Championships will each move to a four-day (4) championship event, with all classes rotating annually"

I'd be intrigued to see that happen. Depending on the matchup, attendance can be poor at first round Class A games.

Class B would be tough. The Bob would fill up if you had a double header of Waverly vs Skutt and Norris vs Beatrice.

I guess I assumed the game times would be rotating.....but I suppose facilities could as well. I also was only thinking of just the finals.

Reactions: saluno22
I guess I assumed the game times would be rotating.....but I suppose facilities could as well. I also was only thinking of just the finals.

Based on another article I read, I think it's more of this. Game times and who plays Wednesday-Friday-Saturday and who plays Thursday-Friday-Saturday.

Reactions: saluno22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT