1. Freeman
2. Gordon Rushville
3.Amherst
4. Cedar Catholic
5. Hastings St Cecilia
6. Palmyra

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Tri county will be solid in C2. Fillmore Central could be a surprise team in C1. Centennial is always a solid well coached team, even with losing Bargen they will be a tough out.

C1
1. Ashland-Greenwood
2. Wahoo
3. Auburn
4. Ogallala
5. Central City
6. Boone Central
7. Aurora
8. Sidney
9. Wayne
10. O'Neill

C2
1. Freeman
2. Amherst
3. Gordon-Rushville
4. Norfolk Catholic
5. Cedar Catholic
6. Palmyra
7. St. Cecilia
8. Bergan
9. Cross County
10. Laurel

What about girls basketball in C1 and C2, any initial thoughts?? I would think Lincoln Lutheran and North Bend in C1 and Oakland Craig and Bridgeport in C2?

C1
1. Ashland-Greenwood
2. Wahoo
3. Auburn
4. Ogallala
5. Central City
6. Boone Central
7. Aurora
8. Sidney
9. Wayne
10. O'Neill

C2
1. Freeman
2. Amherst
3. Gordon-Rushville
4. Norfolk Catholic
5. Cedar Catholic
6. Palmyra
7. St. Cecilia
8. Bergan
9. Cross County
10. Laurel
Freeman and Amherst should be very good in C2. Definitely who I would consider the cream of the crop.

Is GR for real?

Norfolk Cath lose much from last year?

Watched St Cecelia 1 game last year and they had a stud, was he a JR or SR?

1. Freeman
2. NC
3. HCC
4. Amherst
5. Palmyra
6. Hastings St. C
7. Gordan Rushville
8. EV
9. Tri County
10. Bergan

EV is going to be good.

Freeman and Amherst should be very good in C2. Definitely who I would consider the cream of the crop.

Is GR for real?

Norfolk Cath lose much from last year?

Watched St Cecelia 1 game last year and they had a stud, was he a JR or SR?
I believe he was a senior

GR will be legit. They return everyone. In their district final, they let the Fort Calhoun game slip from them at the end.

What about girls basketball in C1 and C2, any initial thoughts?? I would think Lincoln Lutheran and North Bend in C1 and Oakland Craig and Bridgeport in C2?
C1 Top 5
1. North Bend
2. Gothenburg
3. GICC
4. Malcolm
5. Bridgeport

C2 Top 5
1. Lincoln Lutheran
2. Ponca
3. Pender
4. Oakland-Craig
5. Amherst

They could be decent, but lose 3 starters from last year. How did they not make a district final with 4 losses? Easy schedule?
Sub district with HLHF, NC, and LHNE. Stacked... Yes, lose 3 seniors, however, Ollendick is really good and add in Carter Werner, little brother Ollendick and 9th grader Korbin Werner and the fact that their sub-district is not loaded this year adds up for a district final. IMHO. Guess we will see?

C1
1. Wahoo
2. AG
3. Auburn
4. Ogallala
5. Wayne
6. Boone Central
7. Aurora
8. Central City
9. Sidney
10. Pierce

Wayne is going to cause some issues in 2022-2023. Boone is run and gun this year. Pierce is scary with starters in the game, but it tails off on the bench. Wahoo is built different this year. AG can challenge them, but Wahoo is too deep and talented.

Elkhorn valley is legit! Ollendick kids are gooood!! Werner’s are ok. Super easy schedule should favor them. Wayne is solid but Will really miss walling?? Really well coached and athletic. Won’t compete for title but will win a lot of games

Reactions: NeNebraskaGuru
I am not familiar with Elkhorn Valley are the new to C2, why do they play almost no one in C1 and right down the road is Battle creek and NFC. They play 10 or more class D schools Why do they play such a poor schedule

Last edited:
I am not familiar with Elkhorn Valley are the new to C2, why do they play almost no one in C1 and right down the road is Battle creek and NFC. They play 10 or more class D schools Why dod they play suck a poor schedule
They're in the Niobrara Valley Conference. So they play a lot of those schools for regular season which are C2-D2. In most years it's a very tough and challenging conference even with the D schools in it. That Conference has sent a lot of teams to state and a good amount of times are playing in the semi finals.

They're in the Niobrara Valley Conference. So they play a lot of those schools for regular season which are C2-D2. In most years it's a very tough and challenging conference even with the D schools in it. That Conference has sent a lot of teams to state and a good amount of times are playing in the semi finals.
yeah but they have at least 8 games they could play someone up and not always down

Reactions: ClkTwr2011
Doniphan Trumbull going to be a team to watch..Central NE coaches of any class know! I made my hotel reservations for state first day of practice! May be on young side, will not phase. No guarantees, but fun group of ballers!

C1
1. Wahoo
2. Central City
3. Auburn
4. Pierce
5. O’Neill

C2
1. Freeman
2. Gordon Rushville
3.Amherst
4. Cedar Catholic
5. Hastings St Cecilia
6. Palmyra

Thoughts?
What do you base off of? Returners, football records? Really no sense ranking teams til after Christmas. I like your top 2 in C1 .

Doniphan Trumbull going to be a team to watch..Central NE coaches of any class know! I made my hotel reservations for state first day of practice! May be on young side, will not phase. No guarantees, but fun group of ballers!
didnt they lose 4 starters and like 90% of there scoring?

agree on that lol got to be a parent
You guys do know boys play summer ball? Some kids at way higher levels than others, some of our boys played at high regional AAU level other at Under Armour national level. Boys also play HS school league against several area teams during summer as well. DT boys were pissed when Aurora beat them on last second shot this summer, beat last year's D1 Champs St. Pats. Not just throwing crap out. No guarantees we will be young, but pretty sure Ravenna and Wahoo had good young players during their runs. Yes, we lost 4 kids that were great kids and great players, sure as heck doesn't mean you can't be good next year. Those boys will be biggest fans of this year's team. I hate social media, All is said is DT is a team to watch out for. Seriously ask any of the area coaches around what they think of DT.

You guys do know boys play summer ball? Some kids at way higher levels than others, some of our boys played at high regional AAU level other at Under Armour national level. Boys also play HS school league against several area teams during summer as well. DT boys were pissed when Aurora beat them on last second shot this summer, beat last year's D1 Champs St. Pats. Not just throwing crap out. No guarantees we will be young, but pretty sure Ravenna and Wahoo had good young players during their runs. Yes, we lost 4 kids that were great kids and great players, sure as heck doesn't mean you can't be good next year. Those boys will be biggest fans of this year's team. I hate social media, All is said is DT is a team to watch out for. Seriously ask any of the area coaches around what they think of DT.
Sure somebody will correct me on typo. Just looking forward to watching DT boys, have watched and coached many for many years, we have always took Wahoops philosophy, anyone anytime! Boys get ball. Who on here is not a parent or does not have a vested interest? We shall all see! Root against us, sure you know!

Sure somebody will correct me on typo. Just looking forward to watching DT boys, have watched and coached many for many years, we have always took Wahoops philosophy, anyone anytime! Boys get ball. Who on here is not a parent or does not have a vested interest? We shall all see! Root against us, sure you know!
Bud, chill lol no one has said anything negative about DT. Maybe by seasons end they are a top ten team and contender but I’d say it’s a little early to be booking hotels when C-2 is routinely an incredibly deep class with all 8 spots up for grabs yearly.

Bud, chill lol no one has said anything negative about DT. Maybe by seasons end they are a top ten team and contender but I’d say it’s a little early to be booking hotels when C-2 is routinely an incredibly deep class with all 8 spots up for grabs yearly.
We can cancel, where you from, who is your team?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT