ADVERTISEMENT

Football Class B & C1

JET20

Sophomore
Nov 14, 2002
There should be some tough, exciting football played in these two classes this season. Elkhorn South might be the favorite in B, but Skutt, York, Norris and McCook all have some great players that won't make it easy on the rest of the class. Can Norfolk Catholic be considered the favorite in C1? O'Neil has maybe one of the top 2 QBs in the state and WRs to make it happen, but lose a lot in the line. Aquinas, Neumann and Wahoo will battle again for the district title and each lost significant seniors that will be tough to replace.

Elkhorn South should run through their season with ease. If Bryant stays healthy I see them winning state again by at least 2 TDs regardless of who the opponent will be. It seems like the past couple years it's been Elkhorn South vs the rest of class B. For class C1 I see a repeat of last year with no true traditional power running through the class. Yes Aquinas, Neumann, and Wahoo all lost some good seniors but it seems like they always find success. IMO Norfolk Catholic will be better even though they lost some good seniors as well. I think if kautz and pieper can get others to step up they'll be dangerous. O'Neill will be good again as long as those playmakers stay healthy. Even though they lost both of their lines to graduation, if I remember right they had some underclassmen get some significant playing time down in Lincoln last year. With coach Eichelberger in control I think they'll find success again in 2017. That guy seems to find an answer for any weakness they may have. All in all though I'm glad football is back! Let's get this season rolling!

Norfolk Catholic should have revenge on their mind against O'Neill. Kautz and company I think can get them this year. (Sidenote: NC got a new transfer in from Illinois. Dad is the new CEO somewhere in Norfolk. Evan Smith I believe is his name. Ran for 1,600 yards in 2A, which is the second biggest class.)

O'Neill, Neumann, Wahoo, Ogallala and Kearney Catholic will be contenders too. I think Aquinas takes a small step back this year. Masker, the QB from Kearney Catholic is a baller.

B, C1 and C2 are my favorite classes to watch. Great football played throughout the state.

I don't know that Aquinas knows how to take a step back. Mimick has built s machine there that has no reverse button
When I said step back I mean, not win a district title and maybe go 6-3 in the regular season. They'll still be a tough go because they always are. I respect the hell out of that program.

I agree with Victors. Aquinas is tough every year. Their offensive scheme is difficult to simulate in practice. Most difficult team to prepare for in C-1 in my opinion.

Thramer and Masker are top QB's in C-1. Neumann has best group up front. BT and Wahoo have playmakers. If that transfer from Illinois is as good as advertised and you combine him with Kautz and a big physical offensive line. Good luck...

Reactions: northeastNebraska
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT