ADVERTISEMENT

Does NSAA set sports schedules? Do Nebraska teams ever travel out of state?

Here are the 4 sites the NSAA chose this year:
Columbus, Gering, Norfolk, North Platte

You can play Class A golf at Gering.

You can play Class B golf at Norfolk.

You can play Class C golf at North Platte.

You can play Class D golf at Columbus.

York (Class A, C, & D) & Kearney (Class B & D) would be nice hosts for state as well.

Now, each of those communities would have to put in a bid, but why not give it a shot? It's a big home-field advantage to golf on your home course.
These sites bid for state golf, and no matter who you pick for state golf it will be somebody's home course eventually

Reactions: northeastNebraska
I disagree. Only a few towns put in for state golf. It’s stupid that Norfolk, Scotus, and North Platte St. Pats get a huge advantage on the field because they get to play state golf on a course they practice on everyday.

Last year Scotus won state golf on their home course and so did North Platte St. Pats. Granted, both of those teams were really good. Playing state golf on a course that you’ve played 100s of times is a heck of an advantage over someone who has only played 36 holes on that course before the round begins.

I disagree. Only a few towns put in for state golf. It’s stupid that Norfolk, Scotus, and North Platte St. Pats get a huge advantage on the field because they get to play state golf on a course they practice on everyday.

Last year Scotus won state golf on their home course and so did North Platte St. Pats. Granted, both of those teams were really good. Playing state golf on a course that you’ve played 100s of times is a heck of an advantage over someone who has only played 36 holes on that course before the round begins.
Overton actually beat NPSP after being down 23 strokes after round 1. Scotus won by 31 strokes over 2nd place and 47 over 3rd place. That isn't because the tournament was on their "home course".

As a golf coach I don't care for one second if the home team made it in. Golf is a mental grind on each individual. All I cared about was that it was at a course that was in excellent shape and accommodating of all the people that would be there.

Overton actually beat NPSP after being down 23 strokes after round 1. Scotus won by 31 strokes over 2nd place and 47 over 3rd place. That isn't because the tournament was on their "home course".

As a golf coach I don't care for one second if the home team made it in. Golf is a mental grind on each individual. All I cared about was that it was at a course that was in excellent shape and accommodating of all the people that would be there.
As a golf coach I care that a team plays state golf on their home course. I think there are ways to make it that some schools don't have the advantage of playing on their home course at state.

Reactions: ClkTwr2011
As a golf coach I care that a team plays state golf on their home course. I think there are ways to make it that some schools don't have the advantage of playing on their home course at state.
Hope your golfers don't share your defeatist mentality based on the course they have to play on. If so they likely struggle in NGA or NJGT events throughout the summer because those are played on some other individuals home course.

Trust me I don't have a defeatist mentality. A couple of state championships and runner ups I think prove that. The last thing you should worry about is my mentality.

Simple. Let the #1 team host each class. They choose the venue. Without one premier venue (like football, volleyball, or hoops) we should treat it like any other sport. The higher ranked team hosts. After all, they've earned the right.

Last edited:
It amazing me how many people do not understand how the NSAA works The schools control it and the NSAA does what they vote on
I agree. This is like asking the State Trooper to change the law when they pull you over for speeding.

The NSAA has absolutely NO say in how things are done. They simply carry out the rules that the member schools put in place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT