ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling Girls Wrestling Proposal Fails at Representative Assembly

It looks like the city of Lincoln doesn’t want girls to have their own wrestling teams.

I find it absolutely disgusting that neither of these proposals got passed to give kids more opportunities to compete during the winter season The people that voted "no" on both of them should give up their positions because they obviously don't give a crap about the kids.

And another issue is, this didn't "force" schools to have these sports, it only sanctioned them. If you dont want them as a school, fine. Just dont crap on everyone else.

Reactions: nenebskers
There is high school bowling, it's just not NSAA sanctioned. Kids that want to bowl do have the opportunity.

I find it absolutely disgusting that neither of these proposals got passed to give kids more opportunities to compete during the winter season The people that voted "no" on both of them should give up their positions because they obviously don't give a crap about the kids.
Nebraska has never been at the start of the line when it comes to change. It sucks and is embarrassing.

Reactions: nenebskers

The one thing I haven't seen mentioned a lot, is that right now, girls have the opportunity to wrestle on the boys team. Ground breaking, I know...but stick with me.

If it becomes sanctioned, the teams become separate, and girls cannot wrestle boys in any situation. Meets or practice. For some schools practice would become difficult if you had just a few girls of disparate weight classes. So in some schools, they may feel that separating them might actually harm their student's chance to compete.

That being said...the list of No votes wasn't exactly filled with small schools who would have to coop to get numbers...so I don't think that line of reasoning was used by a lot of (or maybe any) schools. But its the only line of reasoning that I could really understand.

There is high school bowling, it's just not NSAA sanctioned. Kids that want to bowl do have the opportunity.
I have heard that the people that run the state bowling tournament don’t want to do it anymore and there isn’t one that wants to take it on. FWIW

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT