ADVERTISEMENT

Is Parkview Christian the Best D-2 Boys Team Ever

Good question. I suspect the response will reveal that Parkview is a very isolated situation in which they do things completely different than anyone else...given their track record and whatnot.

Being 100% honest, I'd be a recruiting fool if I were in a private school position of power. I'd get my buddies on the hook to sponsor my recruits and we'd go play ball! Don't think for a second that I'm kidding here. It is not against the rules. People speak of recruiting as if it's cheating. It is not cheating.
agree

Good question. I suspect the response will reveal that Parkview is a very isolated situation in which they do things completely different than anyone else...given their track record and whatnot.

Being 100% honest, I'd be a recruiting fool if I were in a private school position of power. I'd get my buddies on the hook to sponsor my recruits and we'd go play ball! Don't think for a second that I'm kidding here. It is not against the rules. People speak of recruiting as if it's cheating. It is not cheating.
"Undue inlfuence" is against NSAA rules, so technically, it's against the rules. But good luck proving that case.

It’s not cheating but whenever this conversation comes up all I hear is that there is no recruiting. Whenever a team holds the ball for 1 minute at the end of a quarter or a game it’s not cheating either but now we need a shot clock to stop it. Why can’t there be a rule change to stop this from happening either?

Reactions: ClkTwr2011

I don’t think you can lump Parkview in with other rural parochial schools. They are a different beast being in LNK. Again, I don’t know anything about the inner workings of PC. Just like you can’t lump Madison together with Battle Creek because they are both similar sized public schools. Two completely different situations.

Every school should be promoting the great aspects their schools has to offer. This week a public school on Facebook has been sharing senior spotlights and every other kid spotlighted mentioned as “they came in 6th grade or 9th grade, etc.”

If I was Amherst I’d have a billboard on the north side of Kearney. Same with Waverly on Cornhusker Highway in LNK. Nothing illegal about that.

I bet 70% of the kids that go to Amherst live closer to that school than they do Kearney High. Plus Amherst is a town of 400 people playing C-2 sports which means they are playing bigger towns. My kid plays in the RPAC conference and in the 12 years I been living hear I can think of maybe 5 kids that have transferred from one school to another. None of those were kids that were difference makers when it comes to winning a championship. It not like Amherst is plucking 6 new kids out of Kearney and staying class D and beating up on everybody else.

I bet 70% of the kids that go to Amherst live closer to that school than they do Kearney High. Plus Amherst is a town of 400 people playing C-2 sports which means they are playing bigger towns. My kid plays in the RPAC conference and in the 12 years I been living hear I can think of maybe 5 kids that have transferred from one school to another. None of those were kids that were difference makers when it comes to winning a championship. It not like Amherst is plucking 6 new kids out of Kearney and staying class D and beating up on everybody else.
Ha, that bus that runs to Glenwood corners in Kearney from Amherst is pretty full. Wouldn’t they have to be on the other side of Riverdale to be closer? I don’t fault parents who want to send their kid to a smaller school but they aren’t closer.

Last edited:
Reactions: northeastNebraska
I don’t think you can lump Parkview in with other rural parochial schools. They are a different beast being in LNK. Again, I don’t know anything about the inner workings of PC. Just like you can’t lump Madison together with Battle Creek because they are both similar sized public schools. Two completely different situations.

Every school should be promoting the great aspects their schools has to offer. This week a public school on Facebook has been sharing senior spotlights and every other kid spotlighted mentioned as “they came in 6th grade or 9th grade, etc.”

If I was Amherst I’d have a billboard on the north side of Kearney. Same with Waverly on Cornhusker Highway in LNK. Nothing illegal about that.

Tilden Elkhorn Valley had a billboard on HWY 275 for years recruiting students to come to their school. Maybe they were recruiting kids for sports... er... state aid.

"Undue inlfuence" is against NSAA rules, so technically, it's against the rules. But good luck proving that case.
A few years ago Parkview Christian had a few players ruled ineligible due to "undue influence". I don't remember what year it was, but it seems like it was within the last 5 years that it happened.

I totally agree with ClkTwr2011, this is humorous. Don’t tell me schools like Humphrey St Francis andFalls City Sacred Heart don’t recruit. Maybe not foreign exchange players but they definitely recruit.

• Haha
So if Sacred Heart got bumped up to D1 tomorrow and keeps winning, then what? Bump them to 11 man football with 21 boys in their grades 9-11 count? (This year they have 28 boys per the NSAA classifications)
Those 28 would be like public schools 40+. No special needs or low income kids.

I totally agree with ClkTwr2011, this is humorous. Don’t tell me schools like Humphrey St Francis andFalls City Sacred Heart don’t recruit. Maybe not foreign exchange players but they definitely recruit.
Oh yeah I forgot all the athletes coming from the metropolitan area of Creston and Leigh. :rolleyes:

You do realize if you have ever watched a HSF game the last 20 years, the majority of their rosters have the same last names as kids from 20 years ago? The only major move I remember to HSF was a Korth family transferring their kids out from LHF in the mid 2000’

Has HSF benefitting from kids leaving Madison? Yes. But so has Battle Creek and Norfolk schools.

Every school should be out promoting and fighting for kids to come to their school. Why wouldn’t you want more kids to be in your school?

This is comical. Spencer-Naper 2000s. Loomis 2000s. Ewing 2000s. HSF. Falls City Sacred Heart. Clearwater 80s and 2000s. Clearwater had some really darn good teams in the 2000s that never made it to state because they were always in the same sub district as Ewing and would play them and orchard 2-3x per year sometimes even 4x, and Spencer Naper once every year.

These teams were all better than this Parkview Christian team. D2 was down this year. This wasn't even the best St Mary's team that school has produced. Hedstrom is a great player don't get me wrong but in a different era he's not the schools all time leading scorer anymore.

Parkview had some shooters. 2007 StEd team even would've ran them off the floor with players like Cruise, Samuels, carlstrom, and Baker.

This is a prime case for small school, huge pool, and lots of "resources". But still not the best D2 program ever.

Two of St Mary's regular season losses this year came to very good teams. GICC only beat them by 8.

This is (contrary to what some may think) what I was looking for. Thank you.

Just a point, I wasn't asking if Parkview is the best D2 PROGRAM, I was speaking to this specific team that just won a state title.

I remember the St Edward team very well. One of my boys played in the same club organization as Samuels. What I forgot is that they were D2. For some reason I was thinking that they were D1. Yes that team would have been too physical for this Parkview team.

Spencer-Naper was D1 the years that they won their titles, but that doesn't mean they weren't better than Parkview in the years that they were D2.

St Francis is one that bounces around so much between D1 and D2. I thought that the best HSF team (pretty easily for me) was 2006 as a D1 but they certainly have had some talented teams.

I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Last edited:

Just a point, I wasn't asking if Parkview is the best D2 PROGRAM, I was speaking to this specific team that just won a state title.

I remember the St Edward team very well. One of my boys played in the same club organization as Samuels. What I forgot is that they were D2. For some reason I was thinking that they were D1. Yes that team would have been too physical for this Parkview team.

Spencer-Naper was D1 the years that they won their titles, but that doesn't mean they weren't better than Parkview in the years that they were D2.

St Francis is one that bounces around so much between D1 and D2. I thought that the best HSF team (pretty easily for me) was 2006 as a D1 but they certainly have had some talented teams.

That 2006 HSF team was ridiculous.

I still don't think they're the best D2 team ever. Yes they were good, they were athletic, they had some shooters. But not the best team.

I remember Loomis going 5 in 5 out and not dropping off much. That was a good team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT