ADVERTISEMENT

Football Most power points of all time?

fbnut999

Freshman
Sep 6, 2004
Not that this really matters much, but....

Norfolk Catholic currently has 47.000 power points. They still have 5-0 Wayne and 5-0 WP-Beemer to play. I know sometimes district opponents knock each other off, but I still see WP-Beemer as a 6-3 finish (at least) and probably Wayne, too.

Then throw in the possibility of Lakeview, Boone Central, and Neumann (that will be tough!) finishing at least 6-3 and that begs my question:

What football team earned the most power points since we started the whole points mess? Has anyone ever kept track?

I will come out of the woodwork and say, back in my day, *adjusts trousers*, when men were men, and the iphone didn't exist (2006):

We were the 1 seed, with 45.625 points, in C2 (no I did not remember that off the top of my head). Lost one game by 3 points, otherwise would have finished with 46.5 points.

Checked the others from that year, and Axtell and Clarkson had 45.625 points as well.

Dodge had the most points of anyone that year with 46.125, and they actually lost a game to Clarkson. That game wasn't close, but had they won that game, they would have had 47.625.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
2007 Norfolk Catholic finished the regular season 7-1, with the loss coming to 8-0 Pierce. They finished with 45.625

They had beat three division one teams, three Division two teams and one division three team.

In the playoffs they made it to the semi-finals. In the playoffs they beat division two Chase County, division one GICC, and division one Boone Central. They would lose to Pierce again in the semi-finals.

That has to be a lot of points including playoffs.

Should have looked at this before I posted about NC...

Also 2007 Pierce finished 13-0. With 44.375 in points.

Regular season:
-Two wins against division one teams.
-Three wins against division two teams.
-Three wins against division three teams.

Playoffs:
-Beat 6-2 Broken Bow (Division one)
-Beat 9-0 Hastings St. Cecilia (Division one)
-Beat 9-1 Adams Central (Division one)
-Beat 10-1 Norfolk Catholic (Division one)
-Beat 12-1 Bishop Neumann (Division one)

So the three division three games hurt their total but damn that run in the playoffs is impressive.

I will come out of the woodwork and say, back in my day, *adjusts trousers*, when men were men, and the iphone didn't exist (2006):

We were the 1 seed, with 45.625 points, in C2 (no I did not remember that off the top of my head). Lost one game by 3 points, otherwise would have finished with 46.5 points.

Checked the others from that year, and Axtell and Clarkson had 45.625 points as well.

Dodge had the most points of anyone that year with 46.125, and they actually lost a game to Clarkson. That game wasn't close, but had they won that game, they would have had 47.625.
Bergan, Aquinas, East Butler and Scribner-Snyder. Tough district back in 2006.

Pretty positive all for were ranked in the top 10 in C2 for multiple weeks. All four teams finished 6-2 except Bergan at 7-1. Pretty remarkable.

Ponca finished the 2009 regular season with a point total of 46.25. After they won the State championship they finished the season with a point total of 47.307.

After the season, they had played the following..

Division 1- 7 teams
Division 2-5 teams
Division 3-1 team

Pretty positive all for were ranked in the top 10 in C2 for multiple weeks. All four teams finished 6-2 except Bergan at 7-1. Pretty remarkable.

Wild times in that district I tell ya. Shortly before high schools started no huddling, horse collars were legal, and kids unloaded on defenseless receivers. Sound like an old man saying it, but the players seemed bigger back then on the average than they do now.

Reactions: northeastNebraska

If I remember correctly

Aquinas beats Scribner-Snyder
Scribner-Snyder beats Bergan
East Butler beats Aquinas twice (Once reg season once playoffs)
East Butler beats Scribner-Snyder
Bergan beats Aquinas and East Butler (once in the regular season, once in the playoffs)

What a mess...

If I remember correctly

Aquinas beats Scribner-Snyder
Scribner-Snyder beats Bergan
East Butler beats Aquinas twice (Once reg season once playoffs)
East Butler beats Scribner-Snyder
Bergan beats Aquinas and East Butler (once in the regular season, once in the playoffs)

What a mess...
I believe all of those are right except Scribner-Snyder beat East Butler 28-27. Scribner-Snyder had two losses, Aquinas (district) and Howells (non district.)

But yeah Aquinas, Bergan and East butler were all on the same side of the four team bracket. Crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT