ADVERTISEMENT

New Potential Coop

nenebskers

All-Conference
Oct 18, 2013
Possibly a new coop on the horizon involving Wausa and Osmond. The two boards are discussing starting the coop for all extracurricular activities beginning next fall. Some Junior High and non sporting High School activities have already been cooping. From the comments in the article this sounds somewhat promising.

If combined, this would likely jump the two D2 schools to a combined C2. Always interesting to me how football is handled in cases like this.

If this passes both Bloomfield and Randolph are in odd spots going forward if they eventually need a coop partner. Bloomfield would likely be stubborn to concede anything to Crofton and the same for Randolph with Laurel. Randolph probably still has Winside as a potential partner as they are in a tough geographic area being surrounded by Norfolk and Wayne.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
I've thought for a while now that Randolph and Osmond should join forces. I spose they could still join in with these two and actually field some decent teams.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
Interesting. Out of the five towns that way, Plainview, Osmond, Randolph, Bloomfield and Wausa this would be the last variation I would have thought of when discussing co-ops or consolidation. But good on them.

It kind of puts Randolph, Plainview and Bloomfield on alert as well. Creighton too.

They have been doing one-act together for the past couple of years so the kids probably know each other pretty well. I think about every student at Wausa is involved in one-act.

Anything new here? I've heard positive comments from Osmond community members in support but haven't seen anything new in the papers.

Looks like Randolph and Osmond are moving towards a co-op for girls and boys basketball next season.
Great to hear. Only 12 miles down the road from one another.

Using numbers from this year. It would put Osmond-Randolph girls at 49, Boys at 59. Both still in C2.

This makes the most sense out of the six communities of Randolph, Osmond, Plainview, Creighton, Wausa and Bloomfield. Osmond has always seemed opened to the idea of co-oping/merging. Randolph doesn't have a geographic partner that fits better than Osmond. I can't see them going to LCC. Winside? No way.

In a perfect world...

Bloomfield-Wausa
Creighton-Plainview
Osmond-Randolph

Reactions: nenebskers

Using numbers from this year. It would put Osmond-Randolph girls at 49, Boys at 59. Both still in C2.

This makes the most sense out of the six communities of Randolph, Osmond, Plainview, Creighton, Wausa and Bloomfield. Osmond has always seemed opened to the idea of co-oping/merging. Randolph doesn't have a geographic partner that fits better than Osmond. I can't see them going to LCC. Winside? No way.

In a perfect world...

Bloomfield-Wausa
Creighton-Plainview
Osmond-Randolph
Randolph had been doing some junior high coops with Winside. Not sure if those are in place still or not.

In a perfect world...

Bloomfield-Wausa
Creighton-Plainview
Osmond-Randolph
I agree 100% with the three coops.

What happened to Osmond and Wausa? Thought it seemed promising and what I heard last fall from some Osmond community members they were all on board. Guessing Wausa is backing out?

There is a lot of moving parts from what I hear that play into this co-op. Randolph has had a ton of push back from the community on co-oping with anyone. Most in Randolph see this as just at temporary thing until the lower classes at Randolph, which are higher in numbers, get into high school. I think this is why they are only doing the co-op for basketball. As far as Wasau I am guessing they are asking for an uneven split as far as the co-op since they have recently had a new bond addition to the school.

There is a lot of moving parts from what I hear that play into this co-op. Randolph has had a ton of push back from the community on co-oping with anyone. Most in Randolph see this as just at temporary thing until the lower classes at Randolph, which are higher in numbers, get into high school. I think this is why they are only doing the co-op for basketball. As far as Wasau I am guessing they are asking for an uneven split as far as the co-op since they have recently had a new bond addition to the school.
Why do they need a bond?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT