ADVERTISEMENT

NSAA Legislative Proposals

Pros:This proposal rewards a team with a tough schedule, higher power points, and a full regular season body of work when it comes to the playoffs. This proposal rewards on the field results.
Cons:This proposal does not allow a theoretically less competitive team to enjoy an opportunity for a home contest. It could increase travel for a lower seeded team that continues in the play-offs.
Norfolk Catholics proposal for football playoff format is comedy. Bellar gotta be nervous Mitchell bout to get the 1 seed haha

Pros:This proposal rewards a team with a tough schedule, higher power points, and a full regular season body of work when it comes to the playoffs. This proposal rewards on the field results.
Cons:This proposal does not allow a theoretically less competitive team to enjoy an opportunity for a home contest. It could increase travel for a lower seeded team that continues in the play-offs.
Norfolk Catholics proposal for football playoff format is comedy. Bellar gotta be nervous Mitchell bout to get the 1 seed haha
If you are the high seed, you should host until the finals. I hate seeing the #9 seed host the #1. It's ridiculous.

The 8 man number should be at least 58.

Using the classifications for this year, I'd love to see.

Class A: Top 24 teams by enrollment. So that would be 593 and above
Class B: 32 teams, enrollment of 592-157
Class C: 60 teams, enrollment of 158-59
Class D1: (One eight man class) 75 teams, enrollment of 58-36
Class D2: (One six man class) 86 teams, enrollment of 35 and below.

No opting down, opting up is allowed.

35 and below I think would be a good number for six man with one class!

35 and below I think would be a good number for six man with one class!
I don't know what the correct number is....but 35 would be every team in class D2 with the exception of four this classification. Even scarier thought, I understand they would never go 6 man even if their number allowed them to, but St. Pats is at 36 this year....scary

This would be wild. Currently it would move most of the Catholic juggernauts from 11 man to 8 man.
Aquinas
GICC
HCC
Bergan
Norfolk Catholic would be 1 away

I dont know what the majority of people want. Most towns I assume want a chance to win some games, not travel, not play private schools, and have higher participation numbers. Most of this is impossible to balance out as every school situation is different. I do believe 6 man needs to go away forcing some schools to play football together.

Hard disagree. It will not move them to 8-man. It would give them the opportunity to move down if they chose to. I think most would agree that teams who have played 11-man for decades don't want to move down to 8-man unless they reach a point of participation forcing it. Just because those teams became eligible to move down would not mean they would choose to do so.

Reactions: nenebskers
This would be wild. Currently it would move most of the Catholic juggernauts from 11 man to 8 man.
Aquinas
GICC
HCC
Bergan
Norfolk Catholic would be 1 away

I dont know what the majority of people want. Most towns I assume want a chance to win some games, not travel, not play private schools, and have higher participation numbers. Most of this is impossible to balance out as every school situation is different. I do believe 6 man needs to go away forcing some schools to play football together.
It's radical, but do we really need two classes of 8 man and one of 6? I don't think we do. Plus with C2 getting smaller and multiple teams every year forfeiting in C2, it's a problem. Half the teams in C2 should be playing 8 man.

6 Man isn't going away and it shouldn't. It serves its purpose, I never used to think that way, but after living in North Platte for a few years, it's necessary.

We need more schools to consolidate in Nebraska. That would solve a ton of problems.

I highly doubt Bellar is nervous of Mitchell

A = 1-32 enrollment (32 teams) (16-Playoff)
B = 33-64 (32 teams) (16-Playoff)
C = 65-112 (48 teams) (16-Playoff)
D1 = 113-176 (64 teams) ( 32-Playoff) (9-man)
D2 = 177-240 (64 teams) (32-Playoff) (8-man)
D6 = 241-277 (37 teams) (16-Playoff) (6-man)

No opting down. 9 man makes the transition from either 11-man or 8-man easier. South Dakota and Wyoming both have 9-man for cross-state games if needed schedule wise. No need for two 8-man classes imo. I wish the state would look into this format.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
A = 1-32 enrollment (32 teams) (16-Playoff)
B = 33-64 (32 teams) (16-Playoff)
C = 65-112 (48 teams) (16-Playoff)
D1 = 113-176 (64 teams) ( 32-Playoff) (9-man)
D2 = 177-240 (64 teams) (32-Playoff) (8-man)
D6 = 241-277 (37 teams) (16-Playoff) (6-man)

No opting down. 9 man makes the transition from either 11-man or 8-man easier. South Dakota and Wyoming both have 9-man for cross-state games if needed schedule wise. No need for two 8-man classes imo. I wish the state would look into this format.
But you argument for 9-man and two states have it near us, you do know 4 states play 8-man that border us Also those border states with over 50 schools playing 8-man They also have two classes of 8-man

But you argument for 9-man and two states have it near us, you do know 4 states play 8-man that border us Also those border states with over 50 schools playing 8-man They also have two classes of 8-man
Never suggested to take away 8-man. A jump from 8 man to 11 man or 11 man to 8 man is a big leap. Having 9 man would be good middle ground for all schools on the fringe.

NC doesn't need to be nervous about anyone. There's no team in C2 that can hang with them this year.

Not Ord, Not Battle Creek, Not HCC...

Reactions: peyton00
this is how the format is already in A, B, and C1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT