ADVERTISEMENT

Football NSAA Survey: Most schools keep games on Sept. 29 opposite Huskers

Makes more sense for schools not to screw up their schedules just for an away game against illinois.

Glad Nebraska is pretty much going to get away from night games now after this year.

I don't understand why the colleges think they need to play on Friday nights. Glad to see schools aren't going to change their schedule because of a college game. If you are a true fan of your local high school football team, you will miss the college game and support your local high school that night.

In a state like Nebraska, where there are no pro teams and one Division I, high school football is much more important to their respective communities than about anywhere else in the country. Friday night at the football game is a tradition with a rich heritage, whether you are there to support the team, support your own child, or find the coffee and pie after the game. The Huskers should never have signed up for this year's Friday game and should never again play on Friday; that said, I am glad to see high schools sticking to their regular schedule.

In a state like Nebraska, where there are no pro teams and one Division I, high school football is much more important to their respective communities than about anywhere else in the country. Friday night at the football game is a tradition with a rich heritage, whether you are there to support the team, support your own child, or find the coffee and pie after the game. The Huskers should never have signed up for this year's Friday game and should never again play on Friday; that said, I am glad to see high schools sticking to their regular schedule.

back in the 93, our school didn't have lights on our field. We would play our home games at 4:30. After our games, we would pack up the trucks and hit HWY 91 and look for lights.

Even if we played early and had a chance to watch the Huskers, I am sure that most of us would rather see if there were any lights on between Dodge and Humphrey.

Friday nights are for HS Football IMO.

I doubt they'll play on a Friday again. It was a trial run and Nebraska didn't want to say yes or no they just kind of went with it. But after hearing many from B1G media days, I'll be shocked if Nebraska plays on a Friday again besides Black Friday.

Yes Friday is deserved for high school.

I thought the B1G 10 was requiring teams to play on Friday nights because of T.V. contract, I didn't think this was Nebraska's choice. I may be wrong though, this is only what I thought I heard.

I think big kudos go out to Hank Bounds and Ronnie. It's not the ol' Harvster anymore. My sense of the situation is that our athletic department agreed to it without consulting upper administration, and perhaps not realizing that "no" was an option as the good schools of the East showed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT