ADVERTISEMENT

Ok I'll put it out there...Who touches Aurora?

Aurora is scary. Top 3 QB in state, talented skill group and underrated offensive line. But the thing that makes them extremely difficult to game plan for is their offensive scheme. Almost impossible to get pressure because ball is out so quick. Scheme, plus extremely talented 6'6" left handed gunslinger with weapons everywhere leaves D-coordinators reaching for Nyquil. Defense has a few question marks, but when you can score 60 points a game, if you give up 30, reserves are still playing in the fourth quarter. Weather maybe? Poor winter field conditions? They are a juggernaut, without a doubt.

Before Friday night, Wahoo had given up 96 total points total in their previous 14 games combined. That was a great defense the Huskies shredded last week.

Pierce is really good, but I'm not sure they are Aurora good. If Aurora was still Class B, they might be the best team in Class B.

Possibly the injury bug. A lot of offense appears to run through that left arm. and as we have seen with the Huskers, anyone can be one play away from sitting out a couple games or a whole season. A lot of talent around him, but it is still tough to replace " the man". Pierce would be able to compete.

Pierce is good but I’m not so sure that they could compete with any team in class B that’s a very far fetched idea. However, I’ve known seen Aurora play, everything I’ve read and heard says the C1 championship is gonna have to go through those Huskies.

if they pass the ball all over the place then Pierce will be in trouble, the DB'S AND Corners are not their bread and butter as the front 7 are pretty good, I will say though that I see Pierce as the team that will give them the most trouble and it might be a shootout so who knows, weather, wind or rain could change the complexion of this contest or a injury or two to a starter.

Unless it's a strange, broken play, the chances Scheierman suffering an injury are slim. Nobody touches that dude in the Aurora backfield. Great line blocking, he's very mobile and has one of the fastest triggers (releases) in the state. He'll be along for the entire ride.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
I think Pierce can score on anyone - Brahmer is as good coach as there is when game planning. I just don't think they will be able to stop Aurora's passing attack. It will all depend on weather and where the game is played at.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT